Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course something's wrong with them. They're hunters of other humans. My point is that this behavior is not a medical condition. And that was what Andrew Vachss was (in my previous post) was saying as well. I just have a real problem with attaching medical labels to people who do just fine in sequential tasks when they're stalking and positioning their victims to be sufficiently vulnerable and isolated, and who have the clear-headed ability to drag bodies and hide them - and even interact with law enforcement on social media while parents agonize and LE works its backside off to find someone's child - but the part about how the victim has been dead for 5 weeks is some sort of brain disease. Or whatever his lawyer is going to try and hang on this crime. We need a planet to send these people to where they can survive as best they know how amidst their own. That's the 'treatment' for this. JMO
Yes you are absolutely correct. It is not a medical condition. It is a mental health disorder. But even if he is diagnosed as a raging psychopath, that doesn't mean he can get off on insanity charges. If , however, he is claiming he blacked out and can't remember a thing he probably thinks this story will help get him a lighter sentence. It is very common excuse. There is no medical or psychological disorder that will excuse him from this crime, in my opinion.They have to prove he was "temporarily insane", which is much different and hard to prove, I believe. Maybe our lawyer expert can provide the definition.

I was jogging once at 5:30 AM near my office and all of a sudden this beat up old red pickup truck came up into a parking lot (empty) that I was in and just slowly stayed beside me while I was on the sidewalk. My conceal carry weapon was helplessly sitting in my vehicle on the other side of the parking lot. I stared this older Hispanic man down, looking him right in the eyes trying to convey that there was gonna be one massive fight. I said absolutely nothing and tried to mask all fear. It must have worked because after about 5-6 minutes he finally left. I was so busy taking deep breaths I didn't think to take a picture of the tags.
After that incident I started carrying two devices (and when I run out in the country near my home, I do carry):

Revolar: From a distance, Revolar looks almost like a small garage clicker. Oval-shaped and measuring less than two inches, it easily clips onto a jeans pocket or sports bra. An alternate case lets users easily attach it to a set of keys. When pressed twice, Revolar sends a ‘yellow alert’ to designated contacts; they receive a text message with the user’s location and a message saying the user feels unsafe. A triple-press sends a ‘red alert’ which indicates the user is in need of serious help. Revolar requires no extra app download—just the appropriate contact information.

ROAR for Good created its first product, Athena, to create a simple way for women to get help. Roughly the size of a half dollar coin, Athena activates a loud alarm when users press a button. The device then sends an alert with the location of the user to contacts who can help. The device can be attached to a purse or even worn as a necklace (a recessed button avoids any accidental alarms). Users can also set the device to silent mode so that Athena still sends information to contacts without making a sound.

It has taken nearly 20 hours since the PC for me to post. I am so angry at how this has all turned out. Poor Mollie and her loved ones
It has been stated that he had the sheriffs department as a "like" on FB. I am sure he wanted notifications of anything discovered. I was also trying to find a post on WS from several weeks back where a member claimed he was driving past WC house and stated he was not home then stated he just pulled out of his garage and that WC was supposedly following him. I think he said he was driving a black Malibu?? Someone else posted that as BS stating WC was 60 miles away at the time. Anyone remember this? Could it have been CR?

I don't necessarily think CR had a lot to gain by lying. He could have told LE he threw her in a river or something, and she's long gone, but he didn't. The body will hold a lot of evidence and he has to know that IMO. I think he's leaving parts out, obviously, but why make up a story and then give LE the body?

I agree!! If he made up what happened, it didn't help him one bit. He could have said he was out driving in the same area she was jogging but he didn't do anything to her and he doesn't know what they're talking about. And then what? Eventually he would have been arrested after they impounded his car and found forensic evidence in the trunk but they still wouldn't know where she was. Or when read his Miranda rights, he could have asked for an attorney and not told them anything. LE is actually lucky he didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut or this could have dragged on for a lot longer.

I guess it never occurred to him if he did what he did as she ran along that she would even consider calling 9-11. But isn't that Criminal 101? Wait, the person I bother may call the po-leece. Maybe I'll plan for that scenario.
I stick to what I've said before. Someone who does these things does not think or function in a way we can easily rationalize. Moo

We really don't know. We have the five points of interest, and we know that one of those points of interest is close to 1900 385 Ave (which is mentioned in the warrant).

These updated maps are the best I can figure out at this time. I don't understand the meaning of 1900 385Ave if the video footage of the suspect chasing and attempting to abduct Mollie is at Boundary/Middle. With all the directions that she could run, why would she run along a road out of Brooklyn?

I have been pondering that too

Reports say he used his phone to track back to the corn field with LE

Could the route you mapped out be from his cell phone?

Meaning he snagged Mollie, drove her out that way and that could be where her Fitbit stopped recording a heartbeat?

Maybe she didn’t jog off course but was driven there

If she was beaten to death it would likely show at autopsy. Strangulation can still be determined in some cases (thyroid bone broken). Asphyxiation would be unlikely to be determined.
How about if she was hit by a car? At this time would that be possible to detect?

I stick to what I've said before. Someone who does these things does not think or function in a way we can easily rationalize. Moo
Yeah, I see that. I can't imagine- literally- being in the mind of someone like him. It's so alien. But your post is a good reminder we aren't dealing with someone like us.

I know a dairy farmer and they work 365 days a year. Cows have to be fed and kept clean because of the milk. I remember her telling me the inspectors came and it was winter so they were mostly inside and the cows tails were dirty so the inspector wrote them up. She said never again did that happen so all winter she washes their tails and don't forget they poop and pee all over when kept inside and that all has to be cleaned daily. I know they could never go away because where they are located was very rural and they had a hard time finding responsible people to do it. It is a massive amount of work,,,,365 days a year.
Oh, golly. What a horrible job!

That's his story. The problem is, it's his story. She could have just said "no" and he got out of the car and attacked her. Or perhaps she wasn't even aware of him.

That story was created to make him look sympathetic.
If he was trying to look sympathetic, he failed miserably. MOO

I think most girls would blush, stay silent or tell them to 'go away'. Mollie seemed to be a bit outspoken when it came to feminism (something I noticed after going through her social media), perhaps she made a point on calling him out on his disgusting behaviour and it enraged him.
I'm sure you meant what you said as a compliment to Mollie, but I don't think it has anything to do with feminism. I think it just shows that she had self-respect and expected to be treated with respect from others. She wasn't passive about it, like those blushing girls you mentioned, and she wasn't aggressive about it like I may have been at her age; she was assertive about it by saying basically (paraphrased) I don't like what you're doing, and this is what will happen if it doesn't stop. Unfortunately, I guess there are times when aggression may be a better choice than assertion. MOO
No. “I blacked out” is very common for people like this to say. IMO
I don't think I believe what he says about blocking the memories, but it is possible that it's true. Like too many other people, I had to learn some strong coping skills at a very young age, and one of them I used most was dissociation. It worked fine when I was too young to be able to do anything to change the situation, but as I got older it sometimes caused me to stay in a bad situation long after I could have gotten out of it. In my case, I "blocked the memories" of watching my father beat my mother - to this day, I don't remember ever seeing him lose his temper in spite of his mother telling me a watched him beat her almost every night. In later years there were many other things that I "blocked out"; I later knew that they had happened, but couldn't even picture it in my mind. The difference between what happened with me and what he says happens with him is that I blocked out memories of bad things happening to or around me, and he says that he blocks out things that he's done. Whether it's true or not, it doesn't excuse what he did, and I believe he knew at the time what he was doing was wrong even if he didn't remember later what had happened. MOO

***The Blackout***

As an attorney (in Iowa), it is obvious why the defendant is trying to assert this blackout defense. These individuals notwithstanding their origin or lack of English skills aren't stupid. He is trying to negate one of the elements of First Degree Homicide which is premeditation or malice aforethought. If he can do that, he can perhaps reduce the charge. In other words, he's trying to remove or mitigate specific intent which is one of the parts of the 1st degree murder statute. In Iowa, Felony A, i.e. first degree murder has no parole. But for other lesser murders, i.e. 2nd degree etc, people do get paroled and released. He isn't dumb by any means. If a jury (not likely) were to buy that he did have this supposed blackout, he might even attempt for involuntary manslaughter. In other words, yes I killed her but something took me over; booze, intoxication, seizures, "blackout," and in that state I couldn't have had the intent to have killed Mollie. Then I woke up and oops here's her dead, bloody body. Go figure. There's a reason this perpetrator is asserting this. Fairly transparent to an attorney; perhaps less so to lay people. Regardless, this idiot needs to be locked up for good. End of story.

I was jogging once at 5:30 AM near my office and all of a sudden this beat up old red pickup truck came up into a parking lot (empty) that I was in and just slowly stayed beside me while I was on the sidewalk. My conceal carry weapon was helplessly sitting in my vehicle on the other side of the parking lot. I stared this older Hispanic man down, looking him right in the eyes trying to convey that there was gonna be one massive fight. I said absolutely nothing and tried to mask all fear. It must have worked because after about 5-6 minutes he finally left. I was so busy taking deep breaths I didn't think to take a picture of the tags.
After that incident I started carrying two devices (and when I run out in the country near my home, I do carry):

Revolar: From a distance, Revolar looks almost like a small garage clicker. Oval-shaped and measuring less than two inches, it easily clips onto a jeans pocket or sports bra. An alternate case lets users easily attach it to a set of keys. When pressed twice, Revolar sends a ‘yellow alert’ to designated contacts; they receive a text message with the user’s location and a message saying the user feels unsafe. A triple-press sends a ‘red alert’ which indicates the user is in need of serious help. Revolar requires no extra app download—just the appropriate contact information.

ROAR for Good created its first product, Athena, to create a simple way for women to get help. Roughly the size of a half dollar coin, Athena activates a loud alarm when users press a button. The device then sends an alert with the location of the user to contacts who can help. The device can be attached to a purse or even worn as a necklace (a recessed button avoids any accidental alarms). Users can also set the device to silent mode so that Athena still sends information to contacts without making a sound.
Thanks for posting this info. Although it may be kind of construed as creepy they would make great Christmas gifts.

I agree!! If he made up what happened, it didn't help him one bit. He could have said he was out driving in the same area she was jogging but he didn't do anything to her and he doesn't know what they're talking about. And then what? Eventually he would have been arrested after they impounded his car and found forensic evidence in the trunk but they still wouldn't know where she was. Or when read his Miranda rights, he could have asked for an attorney and not told them anything. LE is actually lucky he didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut or this could have dragged on for a lot longer.
Yes, he could've kept mouth shut with LE and not told them where to find Mollie's body. It's frightening how easily that could've happened. As much as I despise perps, I'm grateful he gave up the info on where he put Mollie. jmo

I wonder if he confided in his girlfriend or a friend? or sought advise from someone.

May be something the Prosecution can use to debunk his story?

I don't understand. why would prosecution want to debunk his story? im sure at least some, if not all of it is a lie, but if confidant he didn't false confess and there still be someone out there then let his lie stand if it gets him convicted. I just see if there is a life conviction then how can anyone hope for more? maybe there is something I am not seeing.

***The Blackout***

As an attorney (in Iowa), it is obvious why the defendant is trying to assert this blackout defense. These individuals notwithstanding their origin or lack of English skills aren't stupid. He is trying to negate one of the elements of First Degree Homicide which is premeditation or malice aforethought. If he can do that, he can perhaps reduce the charge. In other words, he's trying to remove or mitigate specific intent which is one of the parts of the 1st degree murder statute. In Iowa, Felony A, i.e. first degree murder has no parole. But for other lesser murders, i.e. 2nd degree etc, people do get paroled and released. He isn't dumb by any means. If a jury (not likely) were to buy that he did have this supposed blackout, he might even attempt for involuntary manslaughter. In other words, yes I killed her but something took me over; booze, intoxication, seizures, "blackout," and in that state I couldn't have had the intent to have killed Mollie. Then I woke up and oops here's her dead, bloody body. Go figure. There's a reason this perpetrator is asserting this. Fairly transparent to an attorney; perhaps less so to lay people. Regardless, this idiot needs to be locked up for good. End of story.

I’m not shocked by his “story”

I’m shocked he stayed in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members