Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO RIGHT! Thank you Rebel! I wonder what the ME will find. I also have wondered something -

If he used his car to run her down, that is a different kind of homicide from what he is currently charged isn't it?

Anyone know when he is due in court today? Will it be televised?

If you use a rock or a car, if it is premeditated it's still 1st degree Homicide. The court appearance is scheduled for 1 p.m. CST.

I can understand why the FBI site was so simple now. If English was his second language and from the information that has come forth about his confession it seems to me that the elevator didn’t make it to the top floor.

I'm wondering when she became "aware" of his presence, especially because of how far out of Brooklyn she ended up on 385th.

The only thing I've been able to come up with, is that a FB friend of hers lives right on 385th out in the vicinity in question. If Mollie was aware of CR's presence, and frightened, was her idea to get to that house, and a safe spot? We'll never get to know. I'd hate to think of the fear she may have felt if this was her plan, and then realizing that person may not have been home.

That’s what’s so puzzling, he could have probably just driven away into the sunset, instead he hung out very close to where he left Mollie.
Exactly. It's well-known that killers attempt to flee to Mexico or Canada after committing a crime. He had 5 weeks to escape. LE said at the PC that he had not been on their radar until a few days ago (am I correct?)

One of the reasons why I believe he is a sociopath with Anti-Social Personality Disorder and possibly Narcissistic PD is because he seemed to believe he outsmarted LE and happily continued on with life this past month.

To me, it looks like Mollie was jogging to her mother's house at 7:30PM, she was halfway there when she was attacked by an opportunistic murderer, she fought hard to get away and didn't succeed. She was left in the corn field later that evening and the clothing found with her body helped with identification.

I'm also perplexed about what exactly happened at Boundary and Middle Str, and at 1900 385 Ave. My guess is that CCTV is from Boundary and Middle Str., and that this is where the suspect first accosted Mollie. I'm guessing that this was her regular route for jogging to her mother's house to collect the car.

I think he stopped, not parked, the car and tried to grab her, and she tried to get away from him. I think he chased her at the abduction site. He admits that she has a head injury which might have happened at the time of abduction, and might have happened at the 1900 385 Ave. location. I find it very hard to believe that she voluntarily ran away from Brooklyn on 385 Ave.

I don't believe that she said anything about calling police. I think the suspect is attempting to blame Mollie for her murder by claiming that she threatened him with police intervention, which in his mind means expulsion to Mexico. He is essentially claiming that if she hadn't threatened to call police, none of this would have happened.
@otto - been waiting for your maps; big thanks! Also, I'm wondering if perp did not have help.

I don't believe that the fact he was an illegal immigrant set any alarm bells ringing. I don't think that he gave any thought to his girlfriend and child. I think that he killed her for the same reason that a myriad of citizens have killed vulnerable women.

Furthermore, I think we don't have any particular reason to think she said she'd call the police--that comes from him, and I'm not willing to believe anything he says unless there's evidence to back it up. For all we know, it was a blitz attack that caught her unawares.

Your entitled to your opinion; but at this moment in time there is nothing else to go on; until autopsy report is completed.

I can understand why the FBI site was so simple now. If English was his second language and from the information that has come forth about his confession it seems to me that the elevator didn’t make it to the top floor.
LEO in the PC yesterday said they had only known about CR and contacted him within the previous 24-36 hours. The website was set up well beforehand.

Otto, it may sound terribly cruel, but I hope her heart stopped on 385th Ave. Remember the search at the pig farm happened on the same day LE received the data from the fitbit. My worst fear is data showed she was alive when left in the corn. :(

I do as well. I think that the two right points on the map are fitbit data points related to either a spike in the data (elevated heart rate) or the data abruptly stopped.

Yes! I assume we will get to read the court transcript at some point. I wonder, though, even this early, if he construed it as an "accident" and an "Oh F' thing, would we be hearing he said that by now? Hmmm.
Good point. Maybe since he tried to cover it up, he thought him blacking out sounded better.

IMO the big take away for women is this: Don't threaten to call the police.... Just call 911.... A threat only gives the other person warning that he or she can react to.
Although I don't believe they had any interaction. I think he drove past her a few times, then waited until she got to a spot that was deserted, stop his car, ran out and hit her from behind. She didn't appear to be the type to attempt a warning, and if he had been running alongside her and crossing boundaries, she would have run toward the residential area, not away from it.

Andrew Vachss (attorney/child advocate) once said "Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behavior." This sums it up for me.

ABSOLUTELY on point! I was trying to recall that quote and who said it! Thank you so much jillycat for posting it.

So often defense will try to twist EVIL into some sort of illness/sickness/defect to make an EVIL person's conduct excusible or less heinous. EVIL is a choice.

Maybe CR thought that leaving town would be too suspicious.

He could not have predicted how much of a big news story this turn out to be. I believe when he committed the murder (especially if we are speculating this is not his first time at the rodeo), he honestly thought he'd just wipe off his hands, get back to his normal life as usual, and people would barely talk about Mollie.

Instead, pretty much immediately, she became national news, FBI swarming in, huge manhunt, and everyone in their small town concerned and talking about it. If someone during this time decided to simply up and leave their life, that would certainly point a spotlight at them if there wasn't one before.

Yes, he could've kept mouth shut with LE and not told them where to find Mollie's body. It's frightening how easily that could've happened. As much as I despise perps, I'm grateful he gave up the info on where he put Mollie. jmo

Yes, and he could have also made up a much better story to put himself in a more positive light.

He could have said he was driving slowly, she saw him, approached the car, and initiated an interaction with him. Or he saw her and asked if she wanted a ride, she accepted, and then things got out of hand when they mutually started fooling around. Or she ran out in front of his car and he accidentally hit her, he panicked, and hid her body. But no. He said he approached her and she told him to get lost. Then he tells of putting her in his trunk, her bloody head, and carrying her into the cornfield and covering her up. Then he reveals where her body is.

Sociopathy and narcissism aren't mental illnesses, they are personality disorders, and are separately listed as such on a psych veal. They are disorders that can be addressed and treated/managed (good luck with that), but can't be "cured" , 'cause that is the way God and your genetics made you.

MSM wondering if he’s mentally ill is a joke and unfortunately not surprising. They never want to deal with reality and love to try to find “reasons” how this could have happened. The guy is evil, pure and simple. These are the same people who love to rehabilitate, like that’s going to do anything. Unfortunately he can’t be killed, so we have to settle for him rotting in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn