Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABSOLUTELY on point! I was trying to recall that quote and who said it! Thank you so much jillycat for posting it.

So often defense will try to twist EVIL into some sort of illness/sickness/defect to make an EVIL person's conduct excusible or less heinous. EVIL is a choice.
Great quote. Thinking jodi Arias.

If you look at the map of the area where he was seen following her (Middle and Boundary Streets), 385 where her body was found is is just off to the right. When he left her, he may have headed back into the same direction and was seen on camera again after she was dead. What makes me think this is the time frame the arrest warrant shows 7:45 to 8:28. 8:28 is a precise number, so something gives them that time.
I imagine they also have his cellphone pings that put him in the area. They probably confronted him with so much digital evidence against him that he knew they had him.

Body was placed by CR Hwy 21 east on 460 in back corn field.

Sorry to be "that poster" but this thread is moving SO fast. Can someone please re-post these safety and self-defense products? As a now panicked jogger, I THANK YOU! @CheetosDust

Revolar: From a distance, Revolar looks almost like a small garage clicker. Oval-shaped and measuring less than two inches, it easily clips onto a jeans pocket or sports bra. An alternate case lets users easily attach it to a set of keys. When pressed twice, Revolar sends a ‘yellow alert’ to designated contacts; they receive a text message with the user’s location and a message saying the user feels unsafe. A triple-press sends a ‘red alert’ which indicates the user is in need of serious help. Revolar requires no extra app download—just the appropriate contact information.

ROAR for Good created its first product, Athena, to create a simple way for women to get help. Roughly the size of a half dollar coin, Athena activates a loud alarm when users press a button. The device then sends an alert with the location of the user to contacts who can help. The device can be attached to a purse or even worn as a necklace (a recessed button avoids any accidental alarms). Users can also set the device to silent mode so that Athena still sends information to contacts without making a sound.

Found it.. My post from August 3rd... maybe she was walking down the street or jogging early in the morning to get the car for work, and got hit by a car and the driver panicked? Maybe the driver was on their phone and wasn’t paying attention?

I think a lot of posters suggested this super early on, first or second thread, just because it has happened a few times before.

He says he ran alongside Mollie; how far did he run with Mollie? If it was a far distance; then it might make his account dubious.
You don't run with someone, then have an altercation in the street and then drag that person hundreds of feet back to a car. You drive up close, hop out, hit them from behind and toss them in the trunk because the less time you are out in the open the less chance you have of being seen.

Yes you are absolutely correct. It is not a medical condition. It is a mental health disorder. But even if he is diagnosed as a raging psychopath, that doesn't mean he can get off on insanity charges. If , however, he is claiming he blacked out and can't remember a thing he probably thinks this story will help get him a lighter sentence. It is very common excuse. There is no medical or psychological disorder that will excuse him from this crime, in my opinion.They have to prove he was "temporarily insane", which is much different and hard to prove, I believe. Maybe our lawyer expert can provide the definition.
I think the fact that he states he got out of the car and ran along side her is all they need for premeditation. A normal or reasonable person would not do that. And by his own account, he wasn’t “blacked out” at that time.

IMO, this isn’t his first attack

Another poster here posted a story that he had contacted another girl a few hours away
Do you believe he's a serial rapist or a serial killer? Or both.

Last edited:
MSM wondering if he’s mentally ill is a joke and unfortunately not surprising. They never want to deal with reality and love to try to find “reasons” how this could have happened. The guy is evil, pure and simple. These are the same people who love to rehabilitate, like that’s going to do anything. Unfortunately he can’t be killed, so we have to settle for him rotting in jail.

Again I will play devil's advocate.....one could argue that 1) all evil people have mental illness; but also 2) not all (not even most) mentally ill people are evil.

For a truly evil person, I think some of their CHARACTERISTICS can be associated with mental illness. But what is the line between evil and mental illness when people simply get pure enjoyment from watching others in true pain, both physical and emotional? Currently, there is no rehabilitation for that. Maybe it's a thin line, but I do believe there is a line and evilness is real.

ALL MOO

Maybe CR thought that leaving town would be too suspicious.

He could not have predicted how much of a big news story this turn out to be. I believe when he committed the murder (especially if we are speculating this is not his first time at the rodeo), he honestly thought he'd just wipe off his hands, get back to his normal life as usual, and people would barely talk about Mollie.

Instead, pretty much immediately, she became national news, FBI swarming in, huge manhunt, and everyone in their small town concerned and talking about it. If someone during this time decided to simply up and leave their life, that would certainly point a spotlight at them if there wasn't one before.

He really has not ties here, the ones he has are hear illegally too I believe, we don’t even know if that is his real name yet.

It has to be established how he could pass the E-Verify system, if he used false documents they may not even know his true identity.

IIRC, the arrest document didn’t have a drivers license for him.

Until his identity is verified he is basically a ghost

I have been pondering that too

Reports say he used his phone to track back to the corn field with LE

Could the route you mapped out be from his cell phone?

Meaning he snagged Mollie, drove her out that way and that could be where her Fitbit stopped recording a heartbeat?

Maybe she didn’t jog off course but was driven there
But that map was released prior to them getting the video footage and having CR on their radar. I still think some of those points are from her digital signals. LE so much as said that about the pig farm area early on, which is only a mile or so from the corn field.

Although I don't believe they had any interaction. I think he drove past her a few times, then waited until she got to a spot that was deserted, stop his car, ran out and hit her from behind. She didn't appear to be the type to attempt a warning, and if he had been running alongside her and crossing boundaries, she would have run toward the residential area, not away from it.
Good point. He may have made up that story to justify it in his own sick, twisted mind.

He commits this horrific crime and I do believe it was a quick blitz attack - and then admits to very damming portions of it after have 5 long weeks to think of an excuse or alibi - he doesn't deny involvement and admits she is deceased and takes LE to her body- so glad his police interview was as telling as it was but I guess it just surprises me that his attack on Mollie was pretty flawless- no witnesses no evidence left at scene etc

Do you believe he's a serial rapist or a serial killer?

I don’t think that this kidnapping and murder and possible sexual assault is his first offense, that’s a pretty big leap to just decide to do one lazy summer evening in broad daylight

We need to know everything this murderer has done while here in the US. Everything. There could be more victims.... or will he say he blacked out again and doesn't remember. We need to know everywhere he has been. -->Remember a past post early on maybe 2 weeks in, there was a video of a guy driving along a road where a female jogger was running and the car was trying to keep up with her. She ultimately told the police she was being harassed by the guy and the guy was asking her to get into the car? Trying to remember what type of car that was... Sounds like he stalked women to me. Also has this guy only live here in Brooklyn, Iowa? Who knows where he has been really.

He commits this horrific crime and I do believe it was a quick blitz attack - and then admits to very damming portions of it after having 5 long weeks to think of an excuse or alibi - he doesn't deny involvement and admits she is deceased and takes LE to her body- so glad his police interview was as telling as it was but I guess it just surprises me that his attack on Mollie was pretty flawless- no witnesses no evidence left at scene and then he confessed

Last edited:
He really has not ties here, the ones he has are hear illegally too I believe, we don’t even know if that is his real name yet.

It has to be established how he could pass the E-Verify system, if he used false documents they may not even know his true identity.

IIRC, the arrest document didn’t have a drivers license for him.

Until his identity is verified he is basically a ghost

Well he at least had his girlfriend, and I'm going to guess her side of the family.

I'm also not too sure about the employment place, of course they are going to say those things. Time will tell if they are honest.

Reactions: kpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member