Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not local and a bit confused about the location “1900 385th”. Was that on the way to her mom’s house? It looks like somewhat of a distance from The city of Brooklyn.

It is. 1900 385 ave is mentioned on the warrant. The CCTV seems to come from Boundary and Middle str. The two locations are 1.2 miles apart. We don't know the significance of the 1900 385 ave location, and I think it's a mistake to assume that Mollie ran a mile out of Brooklyn, suspect running beside her, and then he dragged her a mile back to his car.

Attachments

• Moliie Abduction.jpg
    Moliie Abduction.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
You don't run with someone, then have an altercation in the street and then drag that person hundreds of feet back to a car. You drive up close, hop out, hit them from behind and toss them in the trunk because the less time you are out in the open the less chance you have of being seen.
That's what I keep thinking. How far away was the car if he ran along with her? Unless he dragged her 30 yards or so into an isolated spot, assaulted and killed her, and then went back to get the car and then put her body in the trunk to move her to where she was eventually found. I'm not sure it makes sense either. Do we know how far her body was found in relation to the spot the actual murder took place?

I totally agree. This scenario has happened to me as well - far more than once. The flirty behavior (which is usually crude and blunt, not flirty) instantly turns mean and insulting when rebuffed.

I don't doubt that the CR would've hurt Mollie even if she remained "kind" while he went after her that day, however. His intentions were never good and he used whatever tactics that were most efficient in the moment.

Nobody with good intentions circles around a lone woman jogging and then gets out of his car on an isolated stretch. No matter how she reacted, he was going to hurt her.

jmopinion
Absolutely. This scinario has happened to me as well. Men would be shocked to learn how much this happens to women (the getting angrily harassed by a man once rebuffed) but I agree that even had she been “nice” about it, he still would have done what he did. He 100% had a premeditated plan, in my opinion. I think he knew her normal route and that’s why he’s seen driving back and forth. He knew where she’d be and he knew where the secluded area was, he picked the perfect spot.
I do think he’s gonna crack and tell the truth, I guess we’ll see.

Hot mic on right now

It is. 1900 385 ave is mentioned on the warrant. The CCTV seems to come from Boundary and Middle str. The two locations are 1.2 miles apart. We don't know the significance of the 1900 385 ave location, and I think it's a mistake to assume that Mollie ran a mile out of Brooklyn, suspect running beside her, and then he dragged her a mile back to his car.
Thank you for the reference. I was sure she did not run that far. Will be interesting to see why they used that address.

Sorry I think I missed this. I know they stated it was near the area of Boundary and Middle streets, but do they have the actual abduction on tape and how does 1900 385th avenue come into play?
Investigators were provided video Thursday or Friday last week from a resident's home surveillance system that briefly captured Tibbetts jogging July 18, the night she was last seen. It also showed Rivera's black Chevrolet Malibu passing through the same area two or three times around the same time that evening, Mortvedt said.

After that, "it took hours upon hours of reviewing it" before they could connect the vehicle to Rivera. Investigators finally spoke with him late Monday and he led them to Tibbetts' body in the early morning hours Tuesday.
Investigator: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death 'hadn't come across the radar' until Monday

The poster misstated the known facts. LE has not stated the actual abduction was captured on video.

“Rivera then panicked and he got mad and he 'blocked' his memory which is what he does when he gets very upset”

So, he’s acknowledged having black outs due to extreme anger previously. If I were an investigator, I’d be exploring what other things may have may have occurred as results of these “episodes” now that he opened the door.

Just a quick note that this happens in people with severe PTSD. I have a few friends that have had this occur and it is very disturbing to them. Something will trigger them and they think they are in a whole different situation. They'll wake up on the floor or outside their house not knowing what is going on. So it is a thing. I don't know enough about his background or childhood to say if it is valid. I do remember one child I worked in a treatment center with who had been raped by his uncle and he would suffer blackouts and get violent with us. He was 9 at the time, so fairly easy to restrain, but I often wonder where he is now. He was a great kid otherwise, very sweet and shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann