IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that would give me pause about him being a serial killer is that he seems to have been in one place for a long while and maybe with limited transportation access ?

The Dailymail says the work at Yarabee was only seasonal so maybe he hopped around. They have a terrible reputation that is deserved, but there reporting on this case has been fantastic right from the start.

Some people yesterday suggested the crime was so sloppy it could have been his first, but I don't really see that. He waited and picked the most deserted spot on her run and nobody saw a thing. Nobody saw him grab her or saw him disposing of the body, and he wasn't on LE radar at all. I would be very surprised if this was his first serious crime.

Sounds like he was able to go right back home like nothing happened, which is pretty insane to think about.

You are comparing a killer to a dairy farm. Really.

Sleuth his parents while we are at it and threaten them too - they made the choice to have children. Also his school teachers. The guy that sold him the car.

I'm not sure what civilization looks like but I know what it doesn't look like.
Only Cristhian Bahena Rivera is responsible for Cristhian Bahena Rivera's murder(s).

I find it interesting that a defense attorney is trying to drag politics into this heinous crime. He seems to making a bad situation even worse for his own client. Did the court appoint him? Does anyone know?
Politics will be an issue no matter who the lawyer. Just watch the news.

I doubt it would matter if he knew. He didn’t want to date her.
Yes, that is obvious, you're right.

But it does take a bit more guts (for lack of a better word) to attack someone's girlfriend, knowing the boyfriend and his brother live right up the road, ykwim?

This is speculation anyway. I don't know if he knew anything about Mollie. Just struck me as something I hadn't considered before. Maybe he did know the bf was out of town.

IDK. jmo

Says a lot when some people here start referring to people as "what." I have a feeling they may have more in common with killers who also see victims as things. MOO

Right. Like it or not, migrant workers (illegal or here on work visas) are a major part of the agricultural industry, and it benefits every single person in this country. Because of the back breaking they are willing to do for the meager wages they are paid, our meat, dairy, and produce is affordable. There is no need to dehumanize people who are willing to do jobs that most of us wouldn’t do.

Not a chance imo. He is playing the system and he had found an attorney just swarmy enough to help him. Officer of the court where defense attorneys goes it used to be they bent or omitted and stayed just inside the lines of truth. But now a days - I just don't know... time will tell where Mr Richards goes. I think we all need to be very mindful and alert. I fear his attorney is truly attempting to use the media to scapegoat his client.

The mainstream media needs to do their job to fully vet a story, hold firm to reporting the truth and not spin or editorialize and at the very least if they do editorialize they need to tell us they are! This will prevent a swarmy defense team from using media stories as fodder to help a criminal escape justice. IMO

My local news covers Iowa and they are doing an excellent job covering this case. There is no way CR is going to "escape" anything. I do question why his 3-year-old child was in the courtroom. That isn't in her best interest, imo.

Yes, that is obvious, you're right.

But it does take a bit more guts (for lack of a better word) to attack someone's girlfriend, knowing the boyfriend and his brother live right up the road, ykwim?

This is speculation anyway. I don't know if he knew anything about Mollie. Just struck me as something I hadn't considered before. Maybe he did know the bf was out of town.

IDK. jmo

I think he knew. And I think that was why he chose that particular night.

True, but even changes in behaviour, moodiness, nervousness, following the story, borrowing a different car, etc. Maybe she didn't live with him. Not sure that has been confirmed.
That's true. We don't really know the nature of their relationship, how often they saw each other.

Good questions. Hard to believe he was running along side of her and she didn't widen the gap considering she's a trained runner. I think it's possible he passed her with his car, parked, got out of his car, hid, and ambushed her as she was jogging by.

I agree this could have happened. he could have hid in the corn field.

Mollie Tibbetts investigation: Chevy Malibu seen in surveillance video not registered to suspect Rivera, source says
The owner wouldn’t be liable as they would have been unaware that the car was being used in a crime. Even then I don’t think there’s a law that implicates owners, as accessory crimes (before and after) cover that, and that person has to be aware that a crime occurred or was going to occur.

If they loaned it knowing he had no license they could be responsible. It’s loaning without verification. And I did it once unknowingly. I ask anytime I loan anything motorized.

Yes, I think he will plead out if possible....I think there’s too much evidence against him.

His defense attorney today didn't seem like he'd go with that at all (even though I personally would prefer that outcome), but in any case, doesn't the prosecution have to offer the deal? I find that idea rather unlikely if they believe they have plenty of evidence to convict him of 1st degree and get LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss mustang