IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's understood that one of the last names Rivera used on official paperwork there was Baena, an alternative spelling of his paternal last name."

From the Daily Mail article

I don't think it's kidnapping because they did not cross state lines. I am thinking maybe the case could go Federal because of CR's immigration status. Does anyone know the law on this?
States have different definitions of kidnapping. In the Heather Elvis case for ex. (South Carolina) kidnapping is detaining someone and not allowing them to leave.

Just an observation...with the recent articles about CR following young women who were walking in or around Brooklyn, it just strikes me as odd that as rural as this area is, that there is foot traffic. I live in a very rural area and it's just something you don't see.

The way I read it is - they are looking heavily into his past.​

I would think they will try to see his past even in Mexico, kinda like the man who was just taken away by ICE while taking his wife to deliver a baby, he was wanted for murder there.

He may not be 24 years old and while he worked on the farm 4 years we don’t know when he actually got here

This is very true. I believe he was following her to make sure nobody would see what he was about to do. I have been followed myself, and it was terrifying. I came home and my bus got into town at 2 a.m. my ride forgot and I had to walk home. Its about a 30 minute walk. My phone was dead too. I walked on a busy street and saw a car turning onto another street. The same car pulled into a large parking lot and waited. It wasnt until I walked passed that it pulled out of thr parking lot. The car then was keeping up with me. I sprinted to the nearest gas station, the car kept passing by. I don't know what the outcome would have been had I not sprinted to that gas station. It's scary to think that these people are brave enough to just follow someone not caring about anything else. It's sickening.
I tend to disagree with this. I don’t believe at this point he had any intention of doing what he ultimately did. I think at that point he is, in a twisted way, hitting on her and somehow thinking he’s going to get the opportunity to talk to her and pick her. “Cruising for girls” if you will.

Can someone please explain the issue that keeps coming up about the tie and why people are offended about it? It’s a bit tacky for court (IMO) but I’m not sure what it has to do with the case? Thanks!

I don't like the tie because of the stars and stripes theme. Like an American flag, and she was killed by and illegal immigrant.

Cornfields don't have an odor. I'm guessing a person would need to be within about 50 yards or less depending on the wind direction to smell a decomposing body out in the open air. Animals can smell from a much further distance.

What about vultures circling over head? Before MT’s body was located, I figured that it might be spotted by seeing birds circling around an area. Question: Given what appears to be miles of plains, without many trees (more crops) obstructing the skyline, can a person stand in a rural neighborhood and see miles of sky? Curious, b/c I have not ever visited or seen Iowa, outside of photos & aerial views

is that the black Malibu in the pictures?
4F5632B900000578-0-image-a-11_1535047471059.jpg

Good question! Is that a Malibu?

The spot on the right does not appear to have planted to begin with. Maybe a turnaround?
I am wondering if that spot was mowed down in the investigation or, like you suggest, a turnaround or something like that.

If it something that already existed, I'm wondering if it was a make-out spot. It certainly would be a dark and private location. Maybe that's how he knew about it?

Total speculation and guesswork on my part.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member