CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
it might also be being with someone where acceptance is felt - with someone that has a consistent paycheck which can allow a calmer existence than paying for a lexus he does not care about

he was fine and and happy in an old truck and some shorts

did not seem like he was into expensive clothes furnishings cars
How do you know this? You don't think it's possible he got a taste of the good life and wanted to keep it going, maybe with a new woman and no kids?

it might also be being with someone where acceptance is felt - with someone that has a consistent paycheck which can allow a calmer existence than paying for a lexus he does not care about

he was fine and and happy in an old truck and some shorts

did not seem like he was into expensive clothes furnishings cars

Yeah, he definitely was not into the finer things. That's why he signed away his responsibility to a 400k dollar home on his 60k a year salary. Because he definitely did not care about that sort of thing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (I could not post enough eye-roll emojis to convey how stuck in the back of my head my eyes have gotten from reading this crap)

“IMAGINE. Meeting someone who wanted learn your past not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be loved.” (that was a while ago!)

can you imagine the total devastation shock and horror to learn that someone who did all that for you is leaving you and has another woman

the possibilities.........
Or the post could be her imagining what that would be like since she didn't have that with Chris.IMO

One fact that I haven’t seen mentioned (and forgive me if it has been) CW is twice the size of SW. If he came into the room while she was strangling their baby girl all he would have had to have done would have been to whack her extra hard, and she’d go flying across the room.
Absolutely. Knock her off the kid, call 911...anyone honest wouldn't think of killing her (AND THE FETUS), forgetting about whether or not the kids were dead, dumping them in garbage sacks (IMO) and driving over some 40 miles to the crude oil tanks. Whole thing stinks to high heaven, sometimes I just wish there was a button to push, just like I did in the Jessica Lundsford case and that evil who lied about how "she liked" being molested and buried her alive. Just a nice little button to shoot them into space

This bothers me a lot too. We do know women who seem to love their children in public and on SM that kill them.
I’m going to try to be open-minded as a juror should be ...
She has said herself that she was ABUSIVE to CW in the beginning of their relationship. I hear a hard tone in her voice during pregnancy reveal that sounds on edge and he does act strangely - maybe even fearful?
I keep hearing him say in interview, “This has got to stop!” I think he means a lot more by that statement - maybe the excessive spending or even her tendency to become abusive when she doesn’t feel well... (her words not mine)
BUT, it always comes back to ... throwing those babies in a oily, dark place ... my mind can’t go there no matter what really happened in that house. He went into a dimension that I can’t enter when he decided and acted upon that plan.
So if anyone could explain to me WHY he would do that to his children who were supposedly murdered by their mother, I will reconsider my conviction that he killed them all.
r

Where were those words of hers?

If you go to SW FB and type in videos you can see videos of Shanann and not scroll, there is great videos there and show a small glimpse of what a beautiful soul SW was and is. Sweet video of Bella on 10-28-2016

What if this is why the prosecution is charging it as a first degree murder charge? There is a lot we don't know and I do believe, like everyone else, those bed sheets will play into it. I didn't really look at the sheets until every one started mentioning them.
I'm certain the prosecution has a multitude of evidence proving the murders were premeditated. I think the most damning evidence that may prove premeditation could be in the electronic communications between CW - SW, and CW - mistress, SW - her friends and family.

Without knowing those, it's really hard to tell if they had that emotional conv that morning, or if Shanann knew about the affair, or what was his exact motive (although I think he just tired of his wife and the kids and wanted to start a new life).

From what we know though, I think he strangled Shanann(sleeping) in the bed. And most likely she was wrapped in the fitted sheet and carried to the oil field.
There's no reason why the bed was stripped otherwise.

Then he may have carried two dead babies in the top sheet to the kitchen where garbage bags were stored. After transferring them to the garbage bags, he casually threw away the top sheet in trash can.

Cariis, this is a simple answer.

He knew it could be proven that he killed his wife. The evidence would be there. His DNA under her fingernails. His prints around her neck. That could be proven.

But after dumping his babies in oil, which I fully believe was done intentionally to erase evidence, he believes there won't be evidence of who killed them.

So why not say his wife did it?

This guy isn't a complete imbecile (dunno why people keep saying that), however, he's also not the sharpest tool in the shed. I remember watching a show where a former DA made a comment: "Murderers are idiots". Even when they think they can't be caught, they can be. And they'll lie and lie and lie, even when the evidence proves they're responsible. It wouldn't be the first time someone would lie about killing one person but not another (and it later proven they killed both). His confession is meant to give him a defense. Instead of being a cold-hearted monster who killed his girls and his wife, he can be the hero who killed the murderer of his children by telling this lie.

And if there's anything I've learned with pathological liars, they do tend to put truths in with their stories. It makes them more believable.

Well said!

Respectfully, if you:
I don't have any evidence that he did kill them and you don't have any evidence that she didn't. IMO
aren't going to answer my questions from the last FEW days (or anyone else’s that I’ve read here), for me/us to see your side, please do not address me any longer.
It is not up to ME to provide you proof, the charges speak for themselves. If YOU want reasonable doubt, then you prove it. Period.
I do not need to show you any proof. It is up to the DA side to for reasonable doubt. I digress.
I’ve stated continuously, as have many, we are open to entertaining your “side” as WS admins and WS has advised us to do (this isn’t their first case, come on).
But, NONE of my questions have been answered, nor do I see anyone else’s being answered in a mature, sourecable response.
IF this is the DA’s strategy to use as a test, I pity you and your team, you have a long haul.
Period.

Do we know ANYTHING about him, really? Other than Shanann’s praises? Do we know if he’s ever been married before? Ex-girlfriends? What he was like BEFORE he married SW and Colorado? Any links to family or friends supporting him or his innocence, saying he snapped, or saying he would NEVER kill his precious daughters?
Please provide link if so...
This question came up last night and yes, there are a couple of statements - one from a friend of 4 years, I think, and another from one of his high school teachers. The articles should be in the media thread, which is linked on page 1. :)

I really do not understand why someone would admit strangling the life out of their wife , dumping his kids in disgusting oil ,and tossing his dead wife in a self made grave, while admitting to an affair has a heap of motivation to lie about the rest.

You are right... and he doesn’t seem to realize that his affair will be a significant factor for jurors.
He clearly doesn’t watch crime shows.
Lately as I watch my crime stories I have noted that most are convicted because they were having an affair - seriously it’s like the nail in the coffin for jurors whether they are innocent or not. The phrase, “being a cheater doesn’t make him/her a murderer” is rarely, if ever, heard by a juror.
So for those “criminally minded” individuals who are researching - if you plan to murder your spouse - don’t be dating someone else when you do it.

And what we need to ask is how a man who is passionate enough to lose control and commit a homicide due to love and grief, how would that same man:
a) React immediately after when it comes to whetherhe calls 911 for help or rushes to the lawn screaming.
b) Treat the bodies of his dead children (again, call police? Look for signs of life? Scream for help? Dispose of them and how?)
c) Be able to resume normal activities hours later like going to work.
d) Discuss with LE what happened (either by telling the truth or lying)
e) Interact with neighbors and friends
f) Interact with the media
g) Discuss his murdered children (by calmly and with a composed, stoic face and dry eyes, state and spell their names and blithely discuss not knowing where they are, or by gnashing his teeth, crying, screaming nor trying to harm himself?)

For a man passionate and fierce enough in his love for his children and the pain of their deaths that he throttled their killer to death, he calmed down and got over it incredibly quickly.]

==================================================

I would not call 911 after murdering someone

do we have any facts about his work behaviors -- the only data we have is a report by the folks he was staying with that he was very very distressed 9 - which to them apparently indicated he had some involvement

one cant hide profound grief about where he put his kids -- that is what eveie4ndtly he cared about most - was getting his kids out

he gave them the locations a lot earlier than we imagine - they were there quick

people who are pretending not to be first degree murderer cant fall apart on tv -- they must (like the thousands before him ) feign not knowing what happened.

Pretty SOP for a murderer

How do we know that? and Why were some posts deleted and not others? Her account on FB is now a legacy account and was soon after she was found. According to Facebook legacy rules...

Your legacy contact can't:
  • Remove or change past posts, photos and other things shared on your timeline.
  • Read your messages.
  • Remove any of your friends or make new friend requests.
  • Add a new legacy contact to your account.
What is a legacy contact and what can they do? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook
An account is not made into a legacy account until the family requests it. Any family member can log into it before then.

How does everyone know the layout of the house? ie - the couch and loft area and bedrooms? I'm sorry if this really obtuse - but I get pretty behind because of kids and work!

His plan would have worked much better if he had managed to take her to the oilfield site in her car, still alive, and stage her suicide after "she" killed the kids and put them in the oil tanks. But there's just one problem with that: how would he get home?

I think CW put each girl in a separate oil tank because he wanted to dissipate the decomposition smells between two oil tanks. It took a lot more time and effort to put them in separate tanks then to put them in one tank. It was a deliberate decision he made and one that he had to have considered well in advance of the crime. Also, with one child in each oil tank, less chance of blockage or anomalies in the tanks JMO.

CW could not have been panicking too much because he took the time to put the girls in separate tanks. He had enough where with all to think that part through so I don't buy he was overcome with grief and snapped.

You might be right. I'm still confused about whether or not the kids were in bags in the oil, as someone said they were. Anyway if they were in bags they would float, and probably the tanks would be emptied from the base (?) and the bodies would just keep floating. He probably knew whether or not the tanks were active, inactive, ready to be filled, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224