Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unbelievable that I keep seeing articles now where the perp is being talked about as a good normal person.... That's all out the door ...I'm sorry it is unacceptable this is happening...All I see is that he stole her life.... he needed to hear her screaming death agonies...I am horrified to think of what was going through her head if she was conscious at any point.. He is a murderer and nothing will ever change that fact..

the ppl who are saying that are likely in disbelief. you would be too if a family member did something terrible like this.

Would Mexican authorities cooperate if the FBI requested info re: any arrest records CR might have in Mexico?

If CR does have a record of crimes against females in Mexico, could that come in at trial, do you think, or would any evidence of prior bad acts be ruled prejudicial?
Didn't he come here when he was still a minor? Could a minor record from another country even be used in our courts?

Didn't he come here when he was still a minor? Could a minor record from another country even be used in our courts?

That's what I'm wondering...I'm thinking juvenile records can't be used when trying people as adults, but IMO he likely displayed aberrant sexual and/or violent behavior toward females as a juvenile. Maybe one of the attorneys on our thread can speak to this?

Well I am sure they are going to use her now for the investigation but after all is said and done if she is an illegal she will have to
go back to her hometown in Mexico. Is she illegal too? So maybe that is why she looks so stricken.

The reason she was there with the kid is because it garners sympathy.....ohhhh he is a loving father blah blah.
I said in an earlier post many pages ago that Aaron Hernandez baby mama did the same thing and everyone was in an uproar about it. And now she either just had another baby or due any day so she did not waste any time and loving Aaron has been dead how long? Yes, she brought the little daughter into the court but it did not work. If anything it made her look like an idiot for doing it.
I'm sure you're right but I think it smacks of some sort of child abuse. My goodness this little girl could even be a daddy's girl! My biggest fear as a child was that my daddy might be taken away from me! And it was completely unfounded! It was just that I loved and needed him so much. I would never take my young child to court to see her daddy in shackles with murder charges against him! Not ever! And If I couldn't find a babysitter then I wouldn't go either. My child's welfare comes first period!

It makes sense. The medical examiner would have been able to determine the measurements if the weapon used to kill her. Otherwise LE PROBABLY KNEW FROM OBSERVATION WHEN viewing the remains she had been stabbed. The ME takes exact measurements. And sometimes impressions.

After over a month of decomp, sometimes all that's left is a partial skeleton. (Hannah Graham) They can still decide the cause of death is multiple sharp force injuries by examining and taking Xrays of the bones.

It says they swooped in minutes of the report.
---------------------------------------------------------------
This states FBI were waiting outside the driveway. (The house is a few yards from the driveway). [At 3:40pm]

Can someone answer why LE would have needed results of autopsy before securing warrant to search the property? Didn’t they have enough just cause to search CR’s residence beforehand... after confession/body/etc?? For possible weapon & other incriminating evidence that might be located at the tailor/house?

I think it very possible Mollie knew CR or was acquainted with him. I doubt she ever considered his "legal" status. It sure wouldn't have crossed my mind at her age.
I really am coming around to see this as well. When we were all throwing around theories of how she could possibly run into someone who was familiar with Brooklyn but not necessarily living there I had suggested that Casey's appeared to be the only quick stop in town for say bottled water of energy drinks for Mollie and for him possibly dinner if they sell fast food or even frozen food. Given there wasn't much going on in that town I can see where Casey's could be kind of a place you would run into friends as they stopped in for something. Might have a brief chat in the parking lot before going your seperate ways. If he did like her for real, he may have felt totally awkward around her and didn't pull his lover boy game on her which frankly would lead her to be more open to talking to him in the future. There is no evidence anywhere that they did not have multiple encounters before that day. Just brief crossing paths nothing special, which would lead him to think he possibly had a chance. This makes more sense to me then him out flying into a rage for a simple rejection. Her threatening to call the cops on him made it crystal clear that whatever fantasy he may have had about her, she was NOT on the same page with him. One girl described him as short tempered and explosive. I could see how a person with these character traits would react very badly if he in fact was smitten with Molly.

Would Mexican authorities cooperate if the FBI requested info re: any arrest records CR might have in Mexico?

If CR does have a record of crimes against females in Mexico, could that come in at trial, do you think, or would any evidence of prior bad acts be ruled prejudicial?
INTERPOL is an International Law enforcement agency that works with police from different Countries. I believe it’s an International database for crime. But no clue if there are records from the little village in Mexico where CR is from not if they even do any type of extensive types of investigation.

After over a month of decomp, sometimes all that's left is a partial skeleton. (Hannah Graham) They can still decide the cause of death is multiple sharp force injuries by examining and taking Xrays of the bones.

But do we know that there’s a month of decomposition? For all we know, she could have been held captive for a while and killed only 2 weeks ago.

I really am coming around to see this as well. When we were all throwing around theories of how she could possibly run into someone who was familiar with Brooklyn but not necessarily living there I had suggested that Casey's appeared to be the only quick stop in town for say bottled water of energy drinks for Mollie and for him possibly dinner if they sell fast food or even frozen food. Given there wasn't much going on in that town I can see where Casey's could be kind of a place you would run into friends as they stopped in for something. Might have a brief chat in the parking lot before going your seperate ways. If he did like her for real, he may have felt totally awkward around her and didn't pull his lover boy game on her which frankly would lead her to be more open to talking to him in the future. There is no evidence anywhere that they did not have multiple encounters before that day. Just brief crossing paths nothing special, which would lead him to think he possibly had a chance. This makes more sense to me then him out flying into a rage for a simple rejection. Her threatening to call the cops on him made it crystal clear that whatever fantasy he may have had about her, she was NOT on the same page with him. One girl described him as short tempered and explosive. I could see how a person with these character traits would react very badly if he in fact was smitten with Molly.
I think he was striking out with all the other ladies/underage girls and so he decided to get violent and take what wasn’t his.

Has CR been living in Iowa the entire time he's been in the US?
An article I posted said CR had come to the US shortly after his 16th birthday. Work was hard to find in his town, and his aunt and uncle lived in Iowa. So he came to the US and "settled" in Iowa. I'm assuming that means he may have lived in other areas first, but it's not stated that he has lived anywhere other than Iowa.

That's the biggest issue for me - LE really didn't have much at all previous to viewing the video. They did a great job once they had the footage, but without it I'm not sure the case would have progressed very quickly.

I’m still baffled that they didn’t have it earlier. Or did they?
Did we ever find out what the early question about a black car was about?

I'm sure you're right but I think it smacks of some sort of child abuse. My goodness this little girl could even be a daddy's girl! My biggest fear as a child was that my daddy might be taken away from me! And it was completely unfounded! It was just that I loved and needed him so much. I would never take my young child to court to see her daddy in shackles with murder charges against him! Not ever! And If I couldn't find a babysitter then I wouldn't go either. My child's welfare comes first period!

Of course but that is how you and I look it. Unfortunately many children are used as pawns today, divorce is a biggie and the kid always gets the short end of the stick. Do you really think those mothers care???
I could never in my wildest dreams do that but many can and do.
I think small children like that should not be allowed in especially when it is a parent all chained and cuffed. Again do you really think those mothers care? CR's defense might have even suggested it but she could have said no way will I do that to my kid,,,,but there she was.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't say LE was waiting outside the house, as was stated upthread without a link, but rather:

"The agents, from the FBI's Omaha, Nebraska, Evidence Response Team, arrived just after [the autopsy] was released by Iowa law enforcement...Two unmarked cars arrived on the property shortly afterward to assist with the search."
There is actually a video of this somewhere. A local cop in a SUV is videoed moving the Road Closed sign in order for the Omaha team to come in with their white van. He then places the Road Closed sign back and heads up the driveway to the farmhouse.

It says they swooped in minutes of the report.
---------------------------------------------------------------
This states FBI were waiting outside the driveway. (The house is a few yards from the driveway). [At 3:40pm]

Mollie Tibbetts Murder — FBI Raids Suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera’s House – Thefeedcorner
They weren't waiting for the A.R., they were waiting for State LE to release the property so they could execute the search warrant. LE found her body and knew what was in the autopsy report before it was released to the public. Omaha is a 3+hour drive from Brooklyn. The FBI or Homeland Security may have discovered evidence that the owner knowingly employed illegals through a network such as the one uncovered in Minnesota and Nebraska earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim