CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at him in the courtroom I thought he looked miffed.
I would have thought he would have or should have looked ashamed.

He did look miffed! He looked really put out & angry.

And he pulled his lips in, kind of biting down and kept them that way. Trying to not speak out? I need to look up non verbal cues to see what's up with that.

And, when his defense team was talking to one another , having to stand and lean over him to whisper--- there was no flinching , drawing away or even trying to make eye contact with either of them. Almost like he was ignoring them altogether.

If the death penalty is on the table, I bet he would plea out.
They have 63 days from arraignment to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Going from memory here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but the arraignment was 8/21, so we should know at the very latest by Tuesday, October 23."

ETA: This should probably read "they will make the decision by Oct. 23."

Last edited:
Friends, I know I read somewhere that CW deleted his SM accounts a week before the disappearance of the family. Is there any truth to this? Is it from a reliable source?

If this is the case, then that seems like some evidence of premeditation.

That's what worries me about waiting so long for trial-- he has too much time to try to think up ways to justify his horrendous crimes; worse yet, he has too much time to truly start to believe his own fabricated story.
That doesn't matter. The prosecutors are building a case against him, and whatever CW is thinking up in jail right now doesn't matter much to the prosecutors. They are gathering evidence - and if they gather enough and present the case well, he'll be convicted, whether he came up with some new story or not. Evidence will convict him. jmopinion

Of course, he could always come clean and tell the truth. I always wish that would happen.

jmo

Friends, I know I read somewhere that CW deleted his SM accounts a week before the disappearance of the family. Is there any truth to this? Is it from a reliable source?

If this is the case, then that seems like some evidence of premeditation.

Unless it was because his dilly-dallying around was getting too public.

I have color night vision baby monitors, you could not see a child blue, a child 'looking asleep, being asleep, moving in their sleep' yes, but that kind of color at night, no...even during the day, but don't know what monitor they had.
Ditto - we have an elaborate camera system in my inlaws house as we are caring for them in the older years. During the day it is color, at night it is grey. He didn't see blue. And really, how quickly does someone turn blue?

I haven't read through all the threads because it's a lot, but can someone lay out all the evidence that SW might have killed the children? Is there anything in her behavior that could tend toward that?

I don't see any evidence that she would have killed the children.

The 'motive' that CW gives, for her doing so, seems very unlikely. He says that he tells her at 4 am or so, that he wants a separation. And so she immediately goes to the girl's room and brutally strangles each one.

But SW had just taken her girls on a 6 week vacation, WITHOUT CW. And they had a wonderful time. SW has a very close supportive family, lots of close friends and team members, her own source of income, and was totally invested in her babies.

And if they separated, she was not going to 'lose' the kids. She had a fairly good chance of moving back to NC and having them much of the time with her and her family back home.

I see no reason that she would instantly resort to brutal violence, against her two precious baby girls, whom she doted on and lived for. It doesn't ring true for me at all.

SW was not the one that wanted to 'be free' from the responsibility of children and family life. That was all CW, IMO.

Yup. I just can't for the life of me fathom him thinking he might get away with this.......Putting dead bodies (that cadaver dogs will hit on) in a work truck that has GPS. It does make one wonder if he didn't think this thru.
It might not of had GPS but they can track cell phone pings from what I heard quickly so I am assuming it came from cell phone pings. Or maybe a coworker saw him or someone at that ranch saw him drive through that gate there's some interesting people listed on the witness list that could possibly be a witness to something like that

I don't see any evidence that she would have killed the children.

The 'motive' that CW gives, for her doing so, seems very unlikely. He says that he tells her at 4 am or so, that he wants a separation. And so she immediately goes to the girl's room and brutally strangles each one.

But SW had just taken her girls on a 6 week vacation, WITHOUT CW. And they had a wonderful time. SW has a very close supportive family, lots of close friends and team members, her own source of income, and was totally invested in her babies.

And if they separated, she was not going to 'lose' the kids. She had a fairly good chance of moving back to NC and having them much of the time with her and her family back home.

I see no reason that she would instantly resort to brutal violence, against her two precious baby girls, whom she doted on and lived for. It doesn't ring true for me at all.

SW was not the one that wanted to 'be free' from the responsibility of children and family life. That was all CW, IMO.

(And might I add this post is coming from the queen of experience in following parental homicide cases, imo. Katy only has almost 50,000 posts and has followed these types of cases regularly since 2011. She is queen of the hinky meter, imo.)

I'm still torn between these theories:

1. She came home, they fought, she killed the girls, he killed her and then freaked.
2. She killed the girls as part of a murder-suicide, but he stopped her and killed her and then freaked.
3. He killed them all, and was planning to kill himself and then backed out.

Rare for a sociopath to kill themselves. Too much narcism. Imo he planned the whole thing out and like most sociopaths; thought he would never get caught. His smile in the videos says it all

The theory that she killed the girls (I almost can't even type that) is ludicrous. If that had happened-he would have called 911. Not dumped his babies in oil tanks. IMO the only person that would dump those beautiful babies in oil is the one that killed them. A true sociopath.

Yup. I just can't for the life of me fathom him thinking he might get away with this.......Putting dead bodies (that cadaver dogs will hit on) in a work truck that has GPS. It does make one wonder if he didn't think this thru.
Or 1) cleaning the truck was on the list of things to do "later," or 2) he didn't consider it risky because the bodies were in bags and/or wrapped in a sheet. ?

That's what worries me about waiting so long for trial-- he has too much time to try to think up ways to justify his horrendous crimes; worse yet, he has too much time to truly start to believe his own fabricated story.

No worries. There is no justification.

Looking at him in the courtroom I thought he looked miffed.
I would have thought he would have or should have looked ashamed.
Agree. I see annoyance and zero remorse. Just po'd that he was caught. Thank goodness for NUA.

Deep breath = Impatience. IE: Let's get this over with.
Biting lower lip = Worried, Anxiety. IE: They got me.

Last edited:
They have 63 days from arraignment to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Going from memory here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but the arraignment was 8/21, so we should know at the very latest by Tuesday, October 23."

ETA: This should probably read "they will make the decision by Oct. 23."

In case anyone else wants to keep track of the court docket.
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Attachments

• 0E72F726-1448-4B6A-ADD1-A844D10F5D3D.jpeg
    0E72F726-1448-4B6A-ADD1-A844D10F5D3D.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 41
The only reason why I don't think this can be the case is, SW would have checked on the girls, as they slept. I know when I come home and my kids are asleep, I have never, not ever, not once, gone right to bed and not checked them, as in went into their rooms, looked at them asleep and THEN gone to bed..

That said, maybe not every one does that..it was late, she was tired and she was pregnant. But, I just still can't see her not looking in their rooms and they were gone or deceased then CW strangled her as she was confused from the sight of no girls in bed, or deceased girls in bed..(sorry for the TMI) its all so grim and unfathomable..

I always always check the monitor and make sure she is ok and breathing etc. before i go to sleep. Our monitor detects breathing and crying etc. my child is a super light sleeper and opening a door will wake her- then it’s a cry fest for hours! But if I discovered she wasn’t in her room or she wasnt moving or twitching etc. oh I’d bust up in that room in a heart beat and the husband would have some explaining to do!!!! Poor SW if she did know about her babies before something happened to her. This is just unfathomable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms