CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not victim bashing to point out that someone has a mental issue. Stop perpetuating the myth that mental health is something to be ashamed about.
Mental health isn’t something to be ashamed about but it’s still irresponsible to diagnose someone over the internet based on a SM picture. SM is not an accurate depiction of anyone’s life.

Plus, people give us stuff all the time. I'm forever having friends drop by with bags of their kids' clothes that no longer fit.

Social media is such a microcosom of real life. It's a tiny part of who people really are. We might be able to get a feel for that person, but none of it is in context so IMO it's not really fair to make definitive statements about someone's personality or mental health (or even their physical health).

Right. Saying, "I wonder if..." is far different from from saying, "This proves she..."

It’s probably because there was no (or little) evidence that a crime had been committed at that point. Police did search the house that afternoon, but found no sign of foul play. At that point, Shannan having run off with the kids, must have been seemed plausible.
It’s probably because there was no (or little) evidence that a crime had been committed at that point. Police did search the house that afternoon, but found no sign of foul play. At that point, Shannan having run off with the kids, must have seemed plausible.

I guess I think the police would think it odd her purse and cell phone were still there.

Guy who AB had on last night is meeting with detectives as we speak.

Was that on HLN G? So he didn't go on the show and met with LE instead

Only asking cause his first posts, some days ago, said that LE had contacted him some time ago, he called them the "authorities". ( obvs I can't post the screenshots as it is against ToS)

Editor for People Magazine talking, says a police source told him CW was having relationships with both men and women.

PME also said investigators believe what the male lover is saying, he also said they have not uncovered anything so far that would be inconsistent with what the male lover has been saying.

I can't blame any of CW's sex partners for not wanting to make their names known given that they would become subject to doxing and threats. CW is likely a sex addict in the same vein of Ross Harris, having indiscriminate sex with any willing partner. Like RH, we will probably discover during trial that his sexual addiction had been escalating in the weeks leading up to the murders.

I think the co-worker will turn out to be female and that it's very possible had become serious about her. So his desire to be with her and not wanting to pay spousal and child support were his primary motives, imo.

Someone yesterday mentioned this and I think they’re on to something. If Chris had an affair or more than one, he very well could have contracted an STI or something more serious, IMO. I wonder if an AP gave an ultimatum that he needs to tell Shanann about that or they would. Covering up the double life makes the most sense to me as far as motive, IMO. Killing them was so desperate, especially when it appears that he was a genuinely good guy and dad. (As shown through no one coming forward to say otherwise at this stage)

Was that on HLN G? So he didn't go on the show and met with LE instead

Only asking cause his first posts, some days ago, said that LE had contacted him some time ago, he called them the "authorities". ( obvs I can't post the screenshots as it is against ToS)

Saw those too. Maybe the guy on the phone with AB is a different guy?

It's not victim bashing to point out that someone has a mental issue. Stop perpetuating the myth that mental health is something to be ashamed about.

Uh yes it is! In that context it is. It would be bashing to say with zero evidence, that a victim had Alzheimer's or a brain tumor or any other condition you have no basis for diagnosing, especially when you use that condition to try to make inferences about why she was killed or whether the perp's story is true!

Further you can't "point out that someone has a mental issue" without proof. Not on this site.

And such inane "evidence" of a mental health issue?

I can't blame any of CW's sex partners for not wanting to make their names known given that they would become subject to doxing and threats. CW is likely a sex addict in the same vein of Ross Harris, having indiscriminate sex with any willing partner. Like RH, we will probably discover during trial that his sexual addiction had been escalating in the weeks leading up to the murders.

I think the co-worker will turn out to be female and that it's very possible had become serious about her. So his desire to be with her and not wanting to pay spousal and child support were his primary motives, imo.

According to all the Thrivers, Shanann was making the big bucks, so she would have had to pay him.

This is a direct quote from Ashleigh Banfield: Police confirm to Steven Heling that CW was in relationships with both men and women.

Steven H. Is the senior writer for People Magazine.
Yes, but is this man giving interviews one of the partners? That's what I want to know. Has that been confirmed?

Sorry if I'm not caught up with info. I had a spell of closet envy to recover from.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member