IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a possibility as well, could have been any number of reason as far as we know.
But in this situation, I think it was not to leave a witness. Maybe a panic killing. I don't know if I believe he has escalated to this. I feel that he had bad intentions, but it got out of control when she fought back. I really think he didn't think she would fight as much as she did.

MOO
You could very well be right. Maybe he wasn't thinking straight and didn't think of the consequences being even worse. It's possible. I just don't think so myself. Been wrong before! ( once) ha ha Jk

Oh I know WC's not involved, I believe I was probably the first one here to say he's got nothing to do with it. But that farm was the first point of interest mentioned and remained a point of interest up until CR was arrested. I don't think that's a mistake. Something pinged in that area.

Of course. We know that there was a ping 10 miles SE of Brooklyn because it was reported in the news. We know that because of that ping several farms in the area were searched. WC had the unfortunate circumstance of also having a criminal record.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. We know there was a ping in the area. We know farms were searched. We know that WC is not guilty.

Of course. We know that there was a ping 10 miles SE of Brooklyn because it was reported in the news. We know that because of that ping several farms in the area were searched. WC had the unfortunate circumstance of also having a criminal record.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. We know there was a ping in the area. We know farms were searched. We know that WC is not guilty.
Where I'm going with this is exactly where I started with this: your direct route to and from the cornfield would either mean that this ping didn't happen at all or was off by miles. I don't think your direct route theory is valid.

I think CR wanted a part of the American Dream and this included a girl. He is already a father and for whatever reason that didn’t work out with Iris. Very curious if he was ever abusive towards her.

He also lacks basic social skills and norms that he possibly never picked up (or chose to ignore) while living in the US under the radar.

So really the reason to charge M1 initially, instead of the others that we think will probably be added, would be to ensure that it is a serious enough charge that he does not get out, correct?

The reason this has me stumped is, in the Lucas Hernandez case it seemed to be reversed. They charged her with lesser crimes to arrest her but waited on charging for actually killing him.

In this game you play the strongest hand you can truthfully support at that time, in this case more and better things are forthcoming.

I have the utmost confidence in the State of Iowa and its LE and prosecutatoral staff. And so should all of us!

If this was a planned abduction, sa, murder, whatever - don't you find it odd that he's in plain site driving around in a community where people know him and can recognize him?

Nobody saw him abduct Mollie, no one
Where I'm going with this is exactly where I started with this: your direct route to and from the cornfield would either mean that this ping didn't happen at all or was off by miles. I don't think your direct route theory is valid.

There were five points of interest in the police map. Two of them are on the route directly between the incident location of 1900 385 ave and the body. Unless someone used the "find my phone" app, it's unlikely to get an exact location for the phone location.

For many the ONLY way to hook up is to drive around the small town and hope you find somebody. And in CR's case specifically, he didn't have a lot of other options.

In today’s world people use Tinder, etc. No one drives around illegally looking for chicks anymore. Way too risky and someone like him and would never work. People are aware of stranger danger now. - we know he used Facebook to try and get girls attention. I guarantee he did all his searching online for true hook ups. Or those parties that were mentioned by his conworker.

He saw her, and couldn’t wait to kill and most likely rape her. IMO

Sex doesn't require eliminating a witness.

Rape, on the other hand, is not about sex, it's about power. It may result in murder.
True, and also may be important to note that killers who are sexually motivated don't necessarily rape or sexually assault their victims; the act of total control and murder is what gives them the sexual gratification. Not saying this is the case here, but just something to consider.

I thought a hook-up is where two people want to have sex. That requires mutual agreement.

What is a hook-up where one person wants sex, the other doesn't?

You are right. When people hook up, it mean they are having sexual intercourse. I said CR was cruising for someone to hook up with. Meaning he was looking for someone to have sex with. Of course Mollie would never in a million years be okay with this. Sadly some girls are. Obviously it's worked for him in the past.

There is no hook up when one participant is unwilling. That's called rape.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if CR was lacking in social skills and confidence with women. The mother of his child is only 19 and his daughter is 3. He’s 24 so he was a 21 year old dating a 16 year old.
He is not well educated and may not be very criminally saavy. Looks like a crime of opportunity.
I hope he tells what really happened because his blackout or blocking story is ludicrous.

I believe the defense could easily challenge the reliability of the fitbit data.

ETA: Especially when someone has a pre-existing condition such as asthma.

Why would pre-existing asthma in a confirmed post-teenaged runner invalidate the FitBit HR data?

On scenario might be MT had a HR spike when assaulted, injured she bled out with increasing HR as blood volume decreased until she bled out crashed and died. There are other HR scenarios I could elucidate, but what does asthma have to do with invaliding basic physiologic responses?

Also, I read your earlier post about your experience with Holter cardiac monitoring. I've worked as a cardiac monitoring tech doing exactly that. A FitBit may not be a Holter, but it does report a lot of very basic and informative data to the informed eye. The FitBit data is only one part in the wall of data being built against CBR.

Also, I don't think that Scully is the only FBI agent out there with an M.D. , but that is just MOO.

Last edited:
I'm missing something. Why would anyone think that a jogger is interested in a "hook-up", or that the best way to hook-up is to drive around residential streets in a small town?

This has been mentioned before so I’m only repeating it but I also will second it. People who reside in smaller towns often have a very wonderfully unique way about them that eludes friendliness. Everybody waves at everybody, whether they know them or not (very common at least). I find that a total contract to city life where most people go out of their way to avoid any eye contact whatsoever.

Therefore CR could’ve misinterpreted a beautiful young lady was expressing a true interest in him over something as innocuous as a brief smile and quick wave as she passed by him in her home town.

Why couldn't the suspect participate in community events?
I think he could have participated in community events. Possibly bowling. I'm not sure if there is bowling around there. Maybe. He wasn't in school, so that wouldn't be a good place to find a hook-up. Then, I believe church was mentioned. That's a better place to look for something more serious than a hook-up for obvious reasons.

In today’s world people use Tinder, etc. No one drives around illegally looking for chicks anymore. Way too risky and someone like him and would never work. People are aware of stranger danger now. - we know he used Facebook to try and get girls attention. I guarantee he did all his searching online for true hook ups. Or those parties that were mentioned by his conworker.

He saw her, and couldn’t wait to kill and most likely rape her. IMO

You really think people are using Tinder to meet people outside of highly populated urban areas? I’d be very surprised. I think that’s a city thing.

I thought a hook-up is where two people want to have sex. That requires mutual agreement.

What is a hook-up where one person wants sex, the other doesn't?
I think it can mean " get together" in a nonsexual way too. A few years ago one of my daughter's friends fathers and I would always hang out and talk when the kids played at the lake or pool. He was always saying maybe we can " hook up" sometimes and go to the beach. ( lake) I always assumed he was talking about a play date. With children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member