IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must feel he can lessen the charge or something. He changed lawyers for whatever reason. I am not sure what kind of case the defense will try, but CR has a sworn statement saying he dragged and carried her body (not confirmed to be dead or alive at that point) then left her in a cornfield after he buried her with cornstalks. She was most likely dead during all this, but even if she wasn't he left her to die and didn't tell anyone.

For someone that was so quick to confess why even bother dragging out this case when theres <1% chance he wouldn't get life in prison with that confession.

Theres something missing here.
He changed lawyers because even he knew the first one was a buffoon. No big mystery there.

I do wonder if LE had reason to believe death occurred prior to her body being placed in the truck, in which case that’s not kidnapping.

Depending on the number of “multiple injuries”, it may be a path of less resistance to prove premeditated intent rather than time of death or a plot to kidnap.

And this is the way a defence case grows as it could just be abuse of a corpse...but felony assault and battery (or whatever it's called in Iowa) could be a predicate felony supporting the charge of Murder one, if stalking MT prior to the assault (even for a very short period of time) does not support premeditation on it's own. I would love to know just how much digital tracking info On Star can provide for the GM Malibu, layered on top of CBR's cell phone tracking data, on top of MT's digital track. It all comes together....

As far as CBR is concerned, put a fork in his butt 'cause he's done! One way or another.

Thanks to everyone for posting here. I'm thinking of Mollie's loved ones and holding them in my arms.

I still can't spend too much time back in this thread since this case was politicised by certain individuals, but do appreciate those of you who can stick it out.

I would not be surprised if CR was lacking in social skills and confidence with women. The mother of his child is only 19 and his daughter is 3. He’s 24 so he was a 21 year old dating a 16 year old.
He is not well educated and may not be very criminally saavy. Looks like a crime of opportunity.
I hope he tells what really happened because his blackout or blocking story is ludicrous.
Wanted to update and correct this post. I found a New York Times article that states IM (the gf of CR) graduated in 2016 one year ahead of MT. So she’s 21 now. Still, she was young but I didn’t know how to edit and wanted to correct my error.

While the use of the word “miracle” may have been a misused word, I don’t think it was ever meant to offend anyone. I do believe the miracle this person is speaking of Is that CR didn’t have to tell anyone where MT body was but for some reason he did and thank the heavens for that so her sweet family could bring her home and give her a proper burial. MOO.

I see no miracle, only someone who thought he'd gotten away with it, was then confronted with a line of questioning that we can't see into but was likely compelling to someone who didn't see it coming, and was then motivated to give up the location of his victim's body. He's not a nice guy for that. He's the guy who dumped her there and then got caught and had few if any options.

Since they knew he did it, pretending he had no idea where she was would have only increased the pressure on him.

The story he told is part of the record. With not much else to go on, we can only discuss what might have happened, what parts of his story might be true or not, and the rest is known only to LE and Mollie.

@ Snoopster It seems like a lot of the political talk has quieted on the thread.

That's because Admin made it hard to find, at least this morning. Again, I welcome all of you folk from the right hand side of the Standard Distribution curve to the thread. And the beer and cat food are on top of the dishwasher, hope you can reach it.

Three of those are holidays rather than community events, probably noted just for reference. One is the high school homecoming, which likely wouldn't be appealing to someone who's not in school, didn't graduate from that school, and probably isn't a fan of American football. Two of those dates are a weekend race, not the sort of place you go to pick up chicks. And the remaining date is trick-or-treat night, another dud for meeting women.

Sorry, Brooklyn really isn't a happenin' place.

I would disagree, in some ways.

If he wanted the chance to meet new young ladies, then these community events are great opportunities.

High school football games are full of young adults, and college gets, not just HS kids. It is fun, people are happy and cheering and nice to everyone around them. And they tend to go get a drink after the game...

It doesn't matter if he went to that school or likes American football, if his goal is to meet women.

Weekend races---I bet lots of women attend, just for chance to meet guys.

Trick or Treat night---PERFECT place to meet single moms, who are looking for men. If he took his baby there, and gave his ex-gf the night to go party with adults , she'd love it. And he and his baby would meet lots of new women.

But the sad truth is , he was not looking for a new girl friend. He was hunting for a victim, in my opinion.

It makes sense to me that she might have had her phone in her hand when he approached her, as she might have been concerned about a car that passed her, a mile back, was now following her an a country road devoid of homes and people.

Your comment made me think of mollies mother (I believe it was her mother or a close relative that said this) making a comment about her having a contraption of some sort she wore on her arm when she ran. Something similar to what I pasted below. iphone armband - Google Search:

Then she wouldn’t of had her phone in her hands at all.

Your comment made me think of mollies mother (I believe it was her mother or a close relative that said this) making a comment about her having a contraption of some sort she wore on her arm when she ran. Something similar to what I pasted below. iphone armband - Google Search:

Then she wouldn’t of had her phone in her hands at all.
True. The armband was missing, so assumed on MT. However, the affidavit said CR stated she grabbed her phone and threatened to call the police. It's his story, but it's possible she did have the phone in her hand.

While the use of the word “miracle” may have been a misused word, I don’t think it was ever meant to offend anyone. I do believe the miracle this person is speaking of Is that CR didn’t have to tell anyone where MT body was but for some reason he did and thank the heavens for that so her sweet family could bring her home and give her a proper burial. MOO.
I can't imagine that anyone is offended.

I do think that he did have to give up her location to relieve the pressure being put on him and not have LE on his tail day in and day out. He had almost 5 weeks. Obviously he wasn't motivated prior to that. I'm sorry he didn't allow her to have a burial until it suited him.

I would disagree, in some ways.

If he wanted the chance to meet new young ladies, then these community events are great opportunities.

High school football games are full of young adults, and college gets, not just HS kids. It is fun, people are happy and cheering and nice to everyone around them. And they tend to go get a drink after the game...

It doesn't matter if he went to that school or likes American football, if his goal is to meet women.

Weekend races---I bet lots of women attend, just for chance to meet guys.

Trick or Treat night---PERFECT place to meet single moms, who are looking for men. If he took his baby there, and gave his ex-gf the night to go party with adults , she'd love it. And he and his baby would meet lots of new women.

But the sad truth is , he was not looking for a new girl friend. He was hunting for a victim, in my opinion.
I agree. If he was looking for a girlfriend, those would be good places. Walking the farm's dog in the park might have also worked, if they would have allowed him. Or, he could have gotten his own dog. Lots of girls would have stopped to pet the dog, and he could have taken that opportunity to chat them up. But, he was either in a one-sided relationship or was looking for a victim.

I can't imagine that anyone is offended.

I do think that he did have to give up her location to relieve the pressure being put on him and not have LE on his tail day in and day out. He had almost 5 weeks. Obviously he wasn't motivated prior to that. I'm sorry he didn't allow her to have a burial until it suited him.

I agree with you.

Spot on. I was just talking to a girl I work with about men who have sent her unsolicited and unwanted pics of their genitalia. I don't get it, is that ever a successful approach? Just because it doesn't make sense to me and doesn't seem like a very successful approach doesn't mean it's not happening.

SN, it was a picture of his "junk" , and a lot of people of both sexes are now doing this. I don't know how well this method works today, but back in the day I heard the discussion that you could blow $100 bucks buying 1 girl dinner and whatever, or you could buy 30 to 50 girls individual drinks, thereby maximizing your effort to hook up. Or, alternatively, you could just stand at the end of the bar licking your own eye brows till somebody takes you home. I don't know, whatever works for you, but it pays to advertise!

Three of those are holidays rather than community events, probably noted just for reference. One is the high school homecoming, which likely wouldn't be appealing to someone who's not in school, didn't graduate from that school, and probably isn't a fan of American football. Two of those dates are a weekend race, not the sort of place you go to pick up chicks. And the remaining date is trick-or-treat night, another dud for meeting women.

Sorry, Brooklyn really isn't a happenin' place.
Spot on my friend. Prior to this case the last time I was in Brooklyn was to look at a house when I considered moving there. I spent an hour “downtown” seeing what the town had to offer, then called and cancelled my appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member