IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what LE threw at him the night he was brought in. His "story" is ridiculous but I'm thinking he had to shape a story to fit what he felt LE knew. He was cornered and figured the only way out is to say I don't remember the actual crime itself.

Possibly other than locations where CR’s vehicle was definitely sighted, it’d be a horribly poor investigation team who would bleet out or even hint about things they learned through the course of their investigation to an accused during an interview. That’s exactly what leads to false confessions and is totally contrary to Interrogation 101. I don’t think we want to believe that occurred because if it did, his statement would not be worth the paper it’s written on.

ETA. My apologies bravo, if your post was from several hours ago. I think I maybe was reading a very early page:)

If you are interested in meeting girls, you go where the girls are. Who cares if they went to your high school or not?

My daughter and her friends used to go to skateboard tournaments and surf competitions, and guess what---they didn't like skate boarding or surfing.

And what is all this cultural difference talk? Why was he so intent on finding a young woman who was not in his community or culture? What is that about? He wasn't looking for a girlfriend ?

What was his intent?
If I'm at a homecoming game and some guy starts talking to me, he better have a reason for being there other than to scope out girls. If he isn't a student at one of the schools, a teacher at the school, a parent of a student at the school who is either playing or in the audience somewhere, or there with friends who are students/alums, then I'm going to think he's weird, and I will excuse myself to disappear going to the restroom. He could probably lie about being a student or teacher, but if he is a parent or is there with friends, then I would want to meet them.
I think the cultural element might have been about why he went after MT. The idea is that maybe he was looking for something different than what was in his own community. Whenever I've run into Spanish speaking co-workers, they are always in a group of other Spanish speaking people. I never see them hanging out with English speaking people, even when some of them can speak English well if they so choose. So, if he was going after someone like MT, he wasn't going to find her within his own community and he may have felt awkward in hers.

If his intent was to try to hit on or seduce random girls in the area, than why aren't we hearing from all these girls in the Brooklyn area who he hit on? It doesn't sound like it's something he generally does. Someone would have noticed. He set out on this particular night to find someone, probably hoping to see Mollie again since he had just seen her the night before. This was deliberate, imo

I have no idea if CR suffers from any mental disorders. I dunno what was going through his mind. The LE even said for whatever reason he decided to approach her that night. If he has sociopathic tendencies then all his intent could be was to succeed at whatever comment/seduction whatever he had planned. I have known plenty of people like this that just randomly harass women just for the sake of getting praise. Its sick and I don't agree with it, but what happens with these sociopaths is when they don't get praised they somehow act violent and then anything can happen from that point.

What does that have to do with the abduction and murder of Mollie though?

It feels like people are sympathizing with the killer and blaming the victim. 'Poor guy wanted to meet a white woman but didn't feel comfortable any other way but by stalking from his Malibu. And when he finally gets up the nerve to speak to her, she rudely shuts him down. He is so humiliated and also afraid of her calling police, so he has to kill her. ' Sorry but it really bothers me the way this is trending now.
Wow. I have not seen one indication whatsoever that anyone here is victim blaming. The killer is victim blaming by saying she made him mad, but certainly no-one on here is suggesting that. Trying to get inside the head of the killer is exactly what investigators do to solve a crime. If anything, that is all I see people doing here. Understanding the way he operates give us clues we can use to figure out what happened. Not saying we all think we know better than detectives, but I think we are all here because we are interested in crime, and want to see that justice is served.

Between a sworn affidavit, which if a LEO lies upon in its application he could lose his job, and a TV interview in which the LEO is being deliberately evasive with no chance of criminal penalty; I can't believe you are seriously going to ask me which I believe? I want you to go back and watch the last 45 sec, and note how much his nose grows! As LE you are free to lie to, or misdirect what you say to a reporter, but as LE you dare not lie to the court! That's how you become a security guard! Thanks, but I'll stick with the arrest warrant application info.

By all means please do. I will state that it is an assumption, as I don't believe LE had confirmation one way or the other at the time of the Affidavit of TOD.

That is how assumptions start and morph into what could be a false "fact".

Last edited:
Wow. I have not seen one indication whatsoever that anyone here is victim blaming. The killer is victim blaming by saying she made him mad, but certainly no-one on here is suggesting that. Trying to get inside the head of the killer is exactly what investigators do to solve a crime. If anything, that is all I see people doing here. Understanding the way he operates give us clues we can use to figure out what happened. Not saying we all think we know better than detectives, but I think we are all here because we are interested in crime, and want to see that justice is served.

Totally agree. All we are doing is trying to go in his mind and figure it out. I know plenty of people who are sociopaths and for them the smallest victory pleases them. It could be anything ! Such as x amount of girls looked in their direction that day. However, with the smallest praise if all of a sudden their praise is then destroyed by whatever reason they go into a tantrum and sometimes become violent. I think thats exactly what happened here.

I have no idea if CR suffers from any mental disorders. I dunno what was going through his mind. The LE even said for whatever reason he decided to approach her that night. If he has sociopathic tendencies then all his intent could be was to succeed at whatever comment/seduction whatever he had planned. I have known plenty of people like this that just randomly harass women just for the sake of getting praise. Its sick and I don't agree with it, but what happens with these sociopaths is when they don't get praised they somehow act violent and then anything can happen from that point.
I do believe there is a good chance that psychological tests will reveal some type of narcissistic Personality Disorder or perhaps Anti- social Personality Disorder , but we are talking about a killer here, not just an average guy trying to pick up girls. It's not necessarily true that if they don't get praised they somehow act violent. If Mollie had praised him, do you think that would have satisfied his ego and he just would have gone along his way? Not all "psychopaths" are killers. But many killers certainly do have Anti- Personality Disorder. It is what enables them not to feel empathy for the victim, not feel shame about what they have done, and to feel a sense of gratification from carrying out the crime.

I do believe there is a good chance that psychological tests will reveal some type of narcissistic Personality Disorder or perhaps Anti- social Personality Disorder , but we are talking about a killer here, not just an average guy trying to pick up girls. It's not necessarily true that if they don't get praised they somehow act violent. If Mollie had praised him, do you think that would have satisfied his ego and he just would have gone along his way? Not all "psychopaths" are killers. But many killers certainly do have Anti- Personality Disorder. It is what a enables them not to feel empathy for the victim, not feel shame about what they have done, and to feel a sense of gratification from carrying out the crime.

I have no idea I do not know what his intent was. I have seen sociopaths whose goals are as little as a girl saying hello back to them, or a girl touching them on the shoulder. Then more crazier sociopaths want the whole nine yards. Without knowing his intent its hard to lock in one theory over another. Point is every sociopath I have seen lives in a world where they think they are gods gift to society and everything they want to happen happens and they feel no empathy to what their actions result into, because its never their fault.

Nobody is justifying anything. They're saying small-town rural Iowa in 2018 is not California decades ago. It's not really possible to explain it, you have to experience it.

Excuse me then, if I am missing the point. You all seem to be saying it was OK for him to drive around, catcalling to random women, and then going up to them, physically, because of the 'cultural divide.'

It seems like people are implying he had no choice but to do that because he didn't feel comfortable doing it the socially acceptable way. That's just how it is coming across to me.

My point is that there are many many options he could have used to try and meet women. He didn't need to follow them and confront them physically, and throw them into the trunk of his car.

I forgot how old he was when I made that post yea that wouldn't fly well to have a 24 year old hitting on 16-18 year olds at a high school game.

In a small town like that, I bet there are dozens of women in his age range in the stands. Everyone goes to the games, not just high school girls.

I forgot how old he was when I made that post yea that wouldn't fly well to have a 24 year old hitting on 16-18 year olds at a high school game.
We know he is 24, but honestly the older I get the younger these kids (or anyone under 30) look to me. I might think he is a student, especially if he shaved first. It's not like he has gray hair or a sign on his forehead that says he's 24. Of course, it being a small town, the locals might have known he was older.

I have no idea I do not know what his intent was. I have seen sociopaths whose goals are as little as a girl saying hello back to them, or a girl touching them on the shoulder. Then more crazier sociopaths want the whole nine yards. Without knowing his intent its hard to lock in one theory over another. Point is every sociopath I have seen lives in a world where they think they are gods gift to society and everything they want to happen happens and they feel no empathy to what their actions result into, because its never their fault.

Given the aggressive way he went about it, I'd say he was more of a predator than he was looking for someone just to say hello back at him.

Right, and just because he might’ve had limited opportunities to socialize, that’s not grounds for murder. And furthermore we can’t possibly know that if Brooklyn had umpteen social opportunities for CR, Mollie’s (alleged) murder by CR would’ve been prevented.

In a small town like that, I bet there are dozens of women in his age range in the stands. Everyone goes to the games, not just high school girls.

I just think with how small the town is people know who he is and someone is hitting on high school girls at that age without being seen as a weirdo is near impossible.

I’m interested to know if he actually admitted to it after reading this

From the arrest warrant under General Probable Cause

Defendant Implicated:

03-Admission/Statement

09-Near Scene of Crime

13-Caused Personal Injury

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

WOW, great find!!!!!! I am NOT worthy to be on your thread (as I type this I am on my knees, on the floor)! "Caused personal injury" could be enough to support a predicate felony of assault with a deadly weapon and/or felony battery (or whatever they call it in Iowa). As the affidavit was done after discovery of the body, it is possible that ME on gross preliminary exam found definitive indication of sharp force trauma on the body AND maybe the clothes. Cuts in clothing could give an indication of where to look for traumatic injury on body!

At this point, just put a fork in CRB's butt, because he's done!

MOO

Between a sworn affidavit, which if a LEO lies upon in its application he could lose his job, and a TV interview in which the LEO is being deliberately evasive with no chance of criminal penalty; I can't believe you are seriously going to ask me which I believe? I want you to go back and watch the last 45 sec, and note how much his nose grows! As LE you are free to lie to, or misdirect what you say to a reporter, but as LE you dare not lie to the court! That's how you become a security guard! Thanks, but I'll stick with the arrest warrant application info.
Sad Deal. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to go with a "no" on Dunkin' Donuts, as that's where the po po hang. lol

>>no disrespect to LE. They are *amazing*

As someone who spent 19 years in CA, then 8 right after, in Iowa, it's a sharp divide between the races. That's all I'm gonna say.

oh yeah, I agree about the popo in Dunkin. lol

So please help me understand the point people are making with the cultural divide in small town Iowa. How does that affect this murder?

Is the point being made that he had no other way to meet white women other than to follow them randomly and run up on them?

If his intent was to try to hit on or seduce random girls in the area, than why aren't we hearing from all these girls in the Brooklyn area who he hit on? It doesn't sound like it's something he generally does. Someone would have noticed. He set out on this particular night to find someone, probably hoping to see Mollie again since he had just seen her the night before. This was deliberate, imo

I totally agree. This driving around that night wasn't about 'meeting girls' across the cultural divide. It was a deliberate attempt to hunt one down, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500