IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen a case like this, though? I'm not familiar with one? Anyone? Where the Miranda Warning won't hold water because the recipient had some sort of belief?
I feel like whenever you go to another country and break laws, it shouldn't matter whether you are aware of those laws or not. Schwarzfahren is Schwarzfahren. I feel like it should be your responsibility to know the laws and your rights. I do not believe you should be able to claim ignorance of your rights or the law. He had access to a public library. Also, if he can use his phone to trace routes he traveled or pinned locations, then he had the ability to use that phone to learn his rights and responsibilities. I sure hope he can't say, "Well, they told me this, but I was afraid of that" and somehow his confession gets thrown out. I really hope they can find enough evidence to pin him without using the confession.

bbm

I'm still sticking with the possibility that CBR believed, because of his experiences and rumor growing up in Mexico, that the rubber hoses would come out if he did not tell LE what they wanted to hear, which was as much of the truth that he could tell, along with the location of the body. I am still waiting to see a move by the defense to invalidate CBR's Miranda on a cultural milieu grounds rational. Meaning that CBR was incapable of believing that he had a right to non-self-incrimination or the right to legal counsel, no matter what LE said to him.

CR would have had to be under arrest or detained (in custody) for Miranda to be an arguable issue. LE informing CR they have video of (him driving and following MT in) the Chevy Malibu might have been the catalyst that led to CR cooperating. I'm guessing LE did not arrest CR until after he led them to MT.

Good morning! I worked on something last night. :)

First of all, here is a good article explaining cell tower triangulation.

Cell Tower Triangulation – How it Works

I also found a map of cell tower locations (red balloons), and added possible cell ranges for some of the towers that could have been pinged along the straightest route from 385 and 200 south to 460 and east to the cornfield.
*I'm estimating the range sizes based on general information because I don't have specifics.

Map Key:

*Blue Line - CR's possible driving route

*Orange circles - small circles are the tower I'm referencing, large circles are the possible ranges, and these are the towers CR would have driven through first heading south on 200.

*Yellow circles - small are the towers being refereneced, large are the ranges, and these are the towers CR would have driven through going east on 460.

*Red squares are the 430 point of interest from LE map, and the pig farm.

Bear in mind, I'm considering two towers being pinged at once since the route seems mostly to be even between towers. This may not have been the actual case. Also, in reality each range is divided into sectors, which would have narrowed the overlapping area even more, but I don't have that information, either.

IMO, if CR was driving east on 460, almost to hwy 21, just north of the pig farm, the farm very well could have been within the triangulated range. Most of the areas searched near Guernsey are probably in range. JMO

By no means am I an expert. Please correct me on any of it!!

Attachments

• mt18.PNG
    mt18.PNG
    419.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
That is the confusion. There are posters saying it was just fine and normal for him to drive around looking for a girl that night.

So that is where my confusion comes in.

I don't think he was driving around looking for a date. I think he was a predator looking for a victim. Which is why I think it is irrelevant to point to the cultural divide which made him feel to uncomfortable to ask a woman out on a date. JMO

Hi katydid23. This conversation came about with some posters thinking Mollie was his specific target. That he had stalked her, learned her jogging route and laid in wait for her to come along. Others think he was on the prowl for a hook up and it could have been 'any girl' that night.

Either way, there was no cultural divide at play. CR was out looking for sex regardless of race, creed, religion, etc. May he rot in hell.

SharonNeedles posted in last thread that he could not understand why Mollie would run to a desolate area. Words to that effect. IMO that road was part of Mollie's usual run and again Blitz attack. She had no idea what was to come. There was no conversation etc. etc.

Hi katydid23. This conversation came about with some posters thinking Mollie was his specific target. That he had stalked her, learned her jogging route and laid in wait for her to come along. Others think he was on the prowl for a hook up and it could have been 'any girl' that night.

Either way, there was no cultural divide at play. CR was out looking for sex regardless of race, creed, religion, etc. May he rot in hell.

The cultural divide argument was only relevant when discussing why he didn't attend community events such as football games, school dances, etc instead of stalking people.

SN, it was a picture of his "junk" , and a lot of people of both sexes are now doing this. I don't know how well this method works today, but back in the day I heard the discussion that you could blow $100 bucks buying 1 girl dinner and whatever, or you could buy 30 to 50 girls individual drinks, thereby maximizing your effort to hook up. Or, alternatively, you could just stand at the end of the bar licking your own eye brows till somebody takes you home. I don't know, whatever works for you, but it pays to advertise!
It does seem that something that might be offensive in one generation will be perfectly acceptable a generation later. I don't understand this scenario, but I have heard of it being done.

I have no idea if CR suffers from any mental disorders. I dunno what was going through his mind. The LE even said for whatever reason he decided to approach her that night. If he has sociopathic tendencies then all his intent could be was to succeed at whatever comment/seduction whatever he had planned. I have known plenty of people like this that just randomly harass women just for the sake of getting praise. Its sick and I don't agree with it, but what happens with these sociopaths is when they don't get praised they somehow act violent and then anything can happen from that point.
I think I misunderstood your post. In your other post you said you know many psychopaths I thought you were talking about people with an actual (clinical) diagnosis. That's why I said not All are violent. I thought maybe you lived in a halfway house or something to know ALL these people! Now I see you are just talking about people with Narcissistic Tendencies. Yes, I am familiar with these types of people, I have one on my family. He is always right, always has to be in the limelight, and if you dare disagree with him he will call you argumentative and give you a big, lengthy lecture. So yes, I understand what you are saying.

If killer was simply looking for something to do and meet up with girls he had a car. Drive to the nearest town that offers more. However I don't think this was who he was and what he was about. There was an article speaking to killer keeping to himself. Seems he was comfortable being out and about as gal who was home visiting and knew Mollie ran into him when she was missing.

I think I misunderstood your post. In your other post you said you know many psychopaths I thought you were talking about people with an actual (clinical) diagnosis. That's why I said not All are violent. I thought maybe you lived in a halfway house or something to know ALL these people! Now I see you are just talking about people with Narcissistic Tendencies. Yes, I am familiar with these types of people, I have one on my family. He is always right, always has to be in the limelight, and if you dare disagree with him he will call you argumentative and give you a big, lengthy lecture. So yes, I understand what you are saying.

Yes, exactly the second part of what you just said.

To even suggest that he was motivated because he was lonely for a girlfriend and unfamiliar in the wooing style of our culture is preposterous. He stalked her, chased her down like a dog, dragged her to his car, put her in the trunk and drove away. At some point, he stabbed her to death and then dragged her body into a corn field where he covered her in corn stalks.

If this poor, pitifully awkward lonely young man just wanted to meet her and flirt, good intentions would have him leaving her alone when she made it clear she wasn't interested. He had ill intent from the beginning.
No excuses for what he has done. Zero.
Working in a community very closely w many illegals I will say in my experience they do have a sense of self entitlement in a way that they are very pushy. Alcohol magnifies the pushy behavior. With the ladies. They ask you questions about your personal life others don’t and expect answers. If you aren’t interested in them they want to know why. They are very forward. It shocked me at first. I learned to nip it in the bud. I say no espanol.. lol Showing up repeatedly after contact is a huge problem and is taken as flirtation. I work w a young lady that is legal from Mexico and very traditional. She verifies a lot for me when I have questions. It’s hard to explain and I am not being ugly at all I am only sharing what I see and live on the job. At times I do think it’s the language barrier as they don’t always know the right words to use. But they do know right from wrong yes no. That’s universal. It’s my firm opinion some believe they are superior to women and get violent when not obliged. When it came out what happened to Mollie I was shocked and sickened because it seems so exactly right on. Makes me so sick. Again just my experience and opinions. The other 90% I see are very kind hard working people. Just don’t say anything about ice. Universal word as well lol
Happy Friday y’all . RIP beautiful Mollie.
I believe he targeted her after she didn’t oblige him. Cat calling etc.

Last edited:
Good morning! I worked on something last night. :)

First of all, here is a good article explaining cell tower triangulation.

Cell Tower Triangulation – How it Wor
I also found a map of cell tower locations (red balloons), and added possible cell ranges for some of the towers that could have been pinged along the straightest route from 385 and 200 south to 460 and east to the cornfield.
*I'm estimating the range sizes based on general information because I don't have specifics.

Map Key:

*Blue Line - CR's possible driving route

*Orange circles - small circles are the tower I'm referencing, large circles are the possible ranges, and these are the towers CR would have driven through first heading south on 200.

*Yellow circles - small are the towers being refereneced, large are the ranges, and these are the towers CR would have driven through going east on 460.

*Red squares are the 430 point of interest from LE map, and the pig farm.

Bear in mind, I'm considering two towers being pinged at once since the route seems mostly to be even between towers. This may not have been the actual case. Also, in reality each range is divided into sectors, which would have narrowed the overlapping area even more, but I don't have that information, either.

IMO, if CR was driving east on 460, almost to hwy 21, just north of the pig farm, the farm very well could have been within the triangulated range. Most of the areas searched near Guernsey are probably in range. JMO
Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member