CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us grew up in the 50s and 60s and all we had was broadcast channels. I don't feel we were in any way deprived. CNN isn't available with an antenna. It's a cable network. Their goal is $$$$$

Make no mistake, your local channels have a goal of $$$ also, they just broadcast in a different manner. That is why you see commercials.

Claiming the local news is more reliable because it is 'free' is absurd. If that is where you are getting your info on this case you must have ran out of stuff to talk about weeks ago. If it made a blip on the local news it has been long gone.

Last edited:
I don't believe there was a showdown, per se. I believe he punished her (verbally, or by showing her dead children) and then killed her. She probably never had a chance to speak because there was nothing he wanted to hear. He had already made all of his decisions and his plans. So very horrible to contemplate.
I’m not so sure. I think it’s possible that Shanann gave him an earful that pretty much tore the image he had of himself to shreds. Life as he knew it was about to end, and he was going to be left with a shattered reputation nd pretty much nothing else. I can not understand how he could strangle those children without being in a crazed emotional state. I can’t think of anything else that would take him there. He was fighting for his life in his mind. But I can’t fully commit to that scenario because I think if that happened there would be screaming and crying, and the neighbors heard nothing. I need more information.

I know of a man who had been married for eighteen years and had two teenage children who had his marriage annulled so that he could marry a woman who was six years older than his eldest daughter. His wife, my friend always wondered if that made her children illegitimate in the eyes of the church.

A Catholic annulment does not make children from the previous marriage illegitimate in the eyes of the church.

Hello all -
First post here. I stumbled across WS about 2 weeks ago, while googling information on this case. I spent many a late night reading through your intelligent and insightful posts before deciding to register.

Like many of you, this case has hit me hard. The "WHY?!" and the "HOW COULD YOU?!" This case has made me feel like this could happen to anyone...

With CW on suicide watch, I really hope it is because he is actually feeling remorse and pain for what he has done since he has 23 hours with nothing but his own mind, and not because he's feeling sorry for himself. Though, the latter is probably more likely.

He is a monster he killed his family however I don’t understand why he is portrayed as a non go getter mooching off her

.....because there have been no new details in this case for weeks so many resort to making up negative attributes to add fuel to the fire. Reading some of these posts it seems many were house guests for months because they know each so personally.

Hello all -
First post here. I stumbled across WS about 2 weeks ago, while googling information on this case. I spent many a late night reading through your intelligent and insightful posts before deciding to register.

Like many of you, this case has hit me hard. The "WHY?!" and the "HOW COULD YOU?!" This case has made me feel like this could happen to anyone...

With CW on suicide watch, I really hope it is because he is actually feeling remorse and pain for what he has done since he has 23 hours with nothing but his own mind, and not because he's feeling sorry for himself. Though, the latter is probably more likely.
Welcome!

.....because there have been no new details in this case for weeks so many resort to making up negative attributes to add fuel to the fire. Reading some of these posts it seems many were house guests for months because they know each so personally.
:D

Do you think he got some kind of sick thrill choosing and wearing that shirt? And then being complimented on it?
I read his demeanour (perhaps wrongly) as embarrassment initially actually when he was asked about his T-shirt in that awful interview. Then he just started babbling about it out of nerves. I think he said then that Shanann bought him lots of those types of T-shirts and he loved them, that she ordered them specially. She liked to buy him things and anything he would have put on him that day, she would probably have bought for him, out of love. It's really sad.

ABC News does not use unnamed sources. They disclosed Anthony's name and that they paid for the photos because the public has a right to know that information. That is totally different than paying an unnamed source to obtain salacious rumors which is what AB and People are doing.
Sorry, they did not voluntarily disclose the payments as a disclaimer before airing the photos. The information came to light only during a court hearing into Casey Anthony's need for more defense funds, then they tried to back pedal on the true nature of the payment.
ABC News Under Fire For Payment To Murder Suspect
All the major news gathering agencies have been caught doing it, without it bothering their scruples too much.

Do you think he got some kind of sick thrill choosing and wearing that shirt? And then being complimented on it?

Probably. I also got the impression from him that he would have preferred to continue to talk about how much he liked the shirt and his favorite team rather than talk about Shanann, Bella and Cece.

Make no mistake, your local channels have a goal of $$$ also, they just broadcast in a different manner. That is why you see commercials.

Claiming the local news is more reliable because it is 'free' is absurd. If that is where you are getting your info on this case you must have ran out of stuff to talk about weeks ago. If it made a blip on the local news it has been long gone.
Local broadcast news stations don't pay unnamed sources, either. They abide by the same professional code of ethics.

I read his demeanour (perhaps wrongly) as embarrassment initially actually when he was asked about his T-shirt in that awful interview. Then he just started babbling about it out of nerves. I think he said then that Shanann bought him lots of those types of T-shirts and he loved them, that she ordered them specially. She liked to buy him things and anything he would have put on him that day, she would probably have bought for him, out of love. It's really sad.
He was preening with his thumbs in his hip pockets and a grin on his face!

agree w you Kali. Pre-trial prisoner.
So not even a bible or anything over 23 hours.
Even post Nuremburg trials, Nazi genocide inmates had reading material

Also I don't see how you can commit suicide using a book, if that is given as justification ("personal property.")

It's not easy but you can asphyxiate yourself with paper. It has been done ...
Inmate dies days after swallowing toilet paper

I know of a man who had been married for eighteen years and had two teenage children who had his marriage annulled so that he could marry a woman who was six years older than his eldest daughter. His wife, my friend always wondered if that made her children illegitimate in the eyes of the church.

I am Catholic. I receved an annulment of my two-decade marriage. My children are not considered illegitimate according to my priest and the bishop of my diocese, but I am free to remarry with the blessing of the Church.

ETA - If SW and CW were both Catholic and married by a priest in a Catholic Mass, an annulment would be a very lengthy process, and would need to be investigated by their diocese to see if there was just cause, and then their bishop would have to grant it. They can divorce legally without the Church's blessing, but if either want to remarry in a Catholic ceremony, they would have needed an annulment. (Of course, widowers don't need to worry about that.)

Last edited:
Sorry, they did not voluntarily disclose the payments as a disclaimer before airing the photos. The information came to light only during a court hearing into Casey Anthony's need for more defense funds, then they tried to back pedal on the true nature of the payment.
ABC News Under Fire For Payment To Murder Suspect
All the major news gathering agencies have been caught doing it, without it bothering their scruples too much.
Again, Casey was a named source. They did not claim they obtained the photos from an unnamed source.

I agree. He looked like a little boy whose hand was caught in the cookie jar when talking about the shirt. It was very awkward, but he almost seemed relieved to not have to be talking about SW and the girls. He immediately crossed his arms close to his body when they began to question him more about SW and the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member