Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @DexterMorgan
surrender-smiley.gif

I don't know if this changes your mind at all, but especially in the evening and morning when I am on my tablet, I don't even see who is the poster of the post I am replying to. Unless I purposely scroll over to the left to see, and sometimes I recognize the style or the signature. Even on the PC with my eye sight often the avatar column is off the monitor, ie with the page enlarged.

You shouldn't stop posting. Besides I'd miss your forget me nots.

Respectfully, people disagreeing is not ridicule.
I have seen people ridiculed and mocked for their opinions before. In fact, it has happened to me so I know exactly how it feels. All you need to do is hit report. The poster was put on timeout for three days when it happened to me! It was a welcome relief. If anyone feels they are being mocked, they should report it right away. The mods are very good at keeping posters in line and will remove the offending post asap. Jmo

Ma'am I just stated the exact opposite of what you claim. I stated that reasonable minds will differ. Which is a saying that means that people with reasonable minds can have different opinions and come to different opinions.

So I am saying you have a reasonable mind as do I.

You know I really I try my best to be as respectful as possible of other people's opinions and though I am blunt at times I sure try to not be rude.

P.S. I've actually felt in the minority myself here in the face of an onslaught of posts criticizing and casting aspersions on the character of a dead woman. Those have seemed to outweigh the number that feel she was a normal wife and mother.

My apologies - I took that wrong and I very much appreciate the clarity.
It's an emotional case.

The prosecution usually has to prove the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt on all charges.

So the defense doesn't have to say anything.

But but but but but but................

With CW's scenario; Nobody will believe it off bat.

So he will probably have to take the stand and explain himself. Because expert testimony on his side can only offer so much if the defendant is not willing to get up there and show or tell some type of renactment of that nights events that will corroborate his defense expert statements jmo

And I truly doubt he will want to get up there and do that in front of his dad, family and friends. Jmo.

Good point! I wonder if maybe he suspected the baby wasn’t his ! That could explain a lot
I posted the original video with the CW "um um" mumbles and someone suggested CW was minimizing the fact that SW was pregnant by mumbling softly and not reacting because CW didn't want the AP to know SW was pregnant and that he knew SW was. I thought that was a great point.

I have seen people ridiculed and mocked for their opinions before. In fact, it has happened to me so I know exactly how it feels. All you need to do is hit report. The poster was put on timeout for three days when it happened to me! It was a welcome relief. If anyone feels they are being mocked, they should report it right away. The mods are very good at keeping posters in line and will remove the offending post asap. Jmo
Thanks @MsBetsy - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen the ridicule and I'm not just making it up. LOL

The prosecution usually has to prove the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt on all charges.

So he will probably have to take the stand and explain himself. Because expert testimony on his side can only offer so much if the defendant is not willing to get up there and show or tell some type of renactment of that nights events that will corroborate his defense expert statements jmo

And I truly doubt he will want to get up there and do that in front of his dad, family and friends. Jmo.
I will be SHOCKED if Chris Watts takes the stand!

He'll have to be truly hardened, even more than I think he is already, to get up there in front of his family and basically the whole world to give out that story and then undergo cross examination. Are there any particular rules in CO regarding televising criminal trials?

In actually don't think they will call him at all.

The original post said...
No one can force him to tell the truth, but the prosecution can, and likely will, call him as a witness. Hopefully he does the right thing.

My question @gitana1, you said you don't think they will call him at all.

But in my understanding, they cannot call him at all?

Since you said you don't think they will call him, what circumstance would they call him and be able to put him on the stand? As you must think there must be an alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictoriaAnn1122