Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per affidavit, I wonder what CW "walked downstairs for a moment" for? If it was for a glass of water, there were washrooms upstairs to get water from. If his claim is true, what did he go downstairs for?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
I think that's a difficult question to ask. I wander around my house without a reason, there doesn't always have to be one. CW could have needed a breather or maybe Dieter needed to go to the toilet.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

You're not alone, Tippy. <modsnip - personalizing>. Hugs. You're not the only one with reasonable doubt at this moment, subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not alone, Tippy. <modsnip - personalizing>. Hugs. You're not the only one with reasonable doubt at this moment, subject to change.

You are so sweet @flourish - thank you!
giraffe-smiley.gif

Personally I wouldn't get water from the washroom, I'd go downstairs to get cold water from the fridge that was filtered.

At this time in this case, we don't know why he went downstairs or if he even did. Perhaps it just gave him time for the explanation for how he was down there and one of the children died?

O/T... for those that are fifty-five years old or older.

This comment was so in memory of Archie Bunker memories as to the differentiation of city water coming into the house, but it is different in every room. He would not drink out of the bathroom faucet either. This post just reminded me of that episode and I had to laugh.

It will be hard to present a defense without taking the stand but it can be done.

He made statements in the interrogation which the prosecution is absolutely going to present to the jury. So the defense won't have to put him on the stand to say his story of what happened. It will already be there for them.

Then they will likely put on witnesses from his family to talk about how horrible and abusive SW was to him. That's my gut.

After that, they can put on an expert like the did in the casey anthony case to discuss how "everyone processes grief differently."

I feel the odds are good we won't get another jury who thinks doing things like partying wildly and getting tattoos and burying, smiling, lying and concealing, are "expressions of grief".

But that's how they can present a defense without Watts saying a word.
I think with all the evidence and his admission the jury will find him guilty on all counts. It will probably boil down to DP or LWOP for CW. He will probably never see the outside world again and will sit in his cell reading fan mail like Jodi Arias and making sure he doesn't drop the soap at shower time. (Sorry, but this is how I see it.)

Last edited:
I think that's a difficult question to ask. I wander around my house without a reason, there doesn't always have to be one. CW could have needed a breather or maybe Dieter needed to go to the toilet.
That could be true Pally but I question why CW went downstairs at that particular moment if they were having an emotional conversation.

Here is the bench that I am sitting on.
Many years ago, I discovered my child dead in her cot. There probably were many things that I could have been fearful that I had done which led to her death, but I did not think of any of those things.
I started CPR and then knew that I had to get outside help, so I ran into the neighbours house with her while I continued CPR and she rang the emergency number.
It never occurred to me to cover up her death because I might be blamed.

So sorry for your loss...

Yes, CW accused SW of strangling the babies. IMO there's a big difference between strangling and slaughtering.
(jmo, moo, imo)

Slaughter== the brutal or violent killing of a person

Strangling==squeeze or constrict the neck of (a person or animal), especially so as to cause death.

I don't see a big difference between those two words.

Yes, CW accused SW of strangling the babies. IMO there's a big difference between strangling and slaughtering.
(jmo, moo, imo)
So if his mistress husband came in and killed his mistress and CW grabbed the gun and killed her husband.

Do you think he would have called the police or proceeded to dispose of both bodies?

I honestly think he would either call the police or run out of the house.

But I doubt he would dispose of the bodies in a self defense case. Jmo Tippy.

We weren’t discussing the defendant, this was in reference to the father being called by the prosecution.

Oh shoot I just got confused. I wasn't following the original stream.

Yes. Defendant can't be called. Father/Grandfather can. I don't believe he will be called by the prosecution.

Two reasons. One, they will have him on video, more than likely,
talking with his son. And that won't be hearsay, because they won't be offering it for what the dad says, but what the son says. But dad's statements will offer context for the sons's admissions.

Two, I predict his family is going to be just as aggressively defensive of him as the Colemans, Josh Powell's dad, scott Peterson's family, Jason Young's mom, Neil Entwistle's parents and in the recent case in Nebraska of the doctor who murdered a little boy and some former colleagues in revenge for being fired, the doctor's parents who defiantly and angrily refused to believe the mountains of evidence of against their son and who were aggressively contemptuous of any who dared to say he was guilty.

(I believe he just got sentenced to death).

I really don't think they will want to put any of CW's family on the stand.

I have no idea how or why one's opinion needs to be "argued" when the discussion is about a crime and the possibility of guilt or innocence of CW. Opinions often change based on more relevant information being released. We don't even know the cause of death for any of the victims. SW may have suffered a heart attack for all I know. JMO
Why post anything at all if you don't want feedback? That's the fun of posting here, I can have a topic supposedly well thought out in my mind, and after posting it find out that others have insight. Otherwise I should probably just wait until the trial.

OT- if I’m “following” posters, wouldn’t I get an alert when they post? Nothing has been showing up for me for a while on any of the posters I’ve been following :confused:
We don't really follow individual posters on WS -- we can only exclude posters if we don't want to see their posts.
You should get notified thru your email anytime anything is posted to a new thread you are following IF, when you decide to watch a new thread, you click on "Watch Thread," (located at the top of each thread page).

After you do that, you will get a selection option -- you should select "and receive email notifications." Then you will get notified that there has been a posting on that new thread. -- you only have to do the "Watch/select" once per thread.

When a new thread is created (mods close Thread 22 and open Thread 23), you will link to the new thread and do the "Watch/select" operations, and you are good for that thread.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

Totally agree Tippy, and I’m sorry you feel that way.
What fun is it if we all have the same opinions? IMO some have become quite vitriolic against those who dare to post differing opinions.

Oh shoot I just got confused. I wasn't following the original stream.

Yes. Defendant can't be called. Father/Grandfather can. I don't believe he will be called by the prosecution.

Two reasons. One, they will have him on video, more than likely,
talking with his son. And that won't be hearsay, because they won't be offering it for what the dad says, but what the son says. But dad's statements will offer context for the sons's admissions.

Two, I predict his family is going to be just as aggressively defensive of him as the Colemans, Josh Powell's dad, scott Peterson's family, Jason Young's mom, Neil Entwistle's parents and in the recent case in Nebraska of the doctor who murdered a little boy and some former colleagues in revenge for being fired, the doctor's parents who defiantly and angrily refused to believe the mountains of evidence of against their son and who were aggressively contemptuous of any who dared to say he was guilty.

(I believe he just got sentenced to death).

I really don't think they will want to put any of CW's family on the stand.
Thanks. Yeah, I was wondering why you believed that the father wouldn’t be called, but that makes complete sense with your reasoning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member