Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. Whether he planned to murder his entire family or not is what I wonder. In some ways, these videos lead me to believe he did. He had his story and appears confident in telling it; they vanished. He has no inclination where they are, blah, blah. Did he come up with those things off the cuff or had he been thinking about what his story would be for some time? What do you think?

BBM
I don't think it was premeditated(lay terms speaking). Probably they were bickering via text messages. Once she opened the door: verbal argument, physical struggle, SW strangled by CW.
Can't figure out when/why the girls were killed as well. MOO MOO MOO

I

it Was in my knowledge off the hairdresser interview friends with SW she knew divorce (separation) was impending . Imo she knew that but not about the affair so that caused her anger moo . Why kill them if you are moving on with someone else that is ridiculous to me? Imo no life insurance motive either . She was losing more than he would . She would lose financial stability , insurance on herself , part of her business if he was recruited under her , her house . She could have been desperate
I see it differently. She did it before by herself. When they started dating she owned her own home. She would be able to stay at the home IMO and would get child support for all 3 kids even if they had 50/50 custody. He would most likely be the one to leave the house and still need to be paying some of the bills. I feel with her personality she could have gotten a decent 9-5 job that offered insurance. She has been through a divorce before. We are all different though so you just really never know. MOO

Interesting indeed. The psychologist in this video says what jumps out at him is how good CW is at lying and that he's thought through it (his lies) and is not stumbling over his words. (Paraphrased)
MOO
(Only on page 3, trying to catch up) But.. wow, very interesting.

Their rooms were on the other side of the loft and although @thesaint labeled the rooms "Bella" and "Cece," he/she provided a disclaimer the first time this was posted that we don't know for a fact those could not be the opposite.
View attachment 147932

Thanks much! And now the stomach turning starts again. IMO the girls were deceased before she got home. I think he laid in wait for her and when she came up the stairs he attacked, thus the phone in the couch cushions of the loft...there's no other logical reason (that I can think of) for the phone to be there other than it fell in there during a struggle. She likely had it in her hand as she went upstairs, I always take my phone with me. I would think that if the girls were alive when he was killing her there would've been much more commotion that would've been heard and possibly a messier crime scene. I also don't think he would've chanced the kids possibly intervening or making it harder to follow through with his plan. They were, in his eyes, the easier ones to kill physically so he did it first (IMO). I think he used the sheet to carry SW out and decided to throw the top sheet and pillow cases away because if she was found those sheets are evidence and tie the crime scene to the home.

IMO, just like other family annihilators he didn't think through to consequences, I think he only thought about the act and being free of them. I think he feels zero remorse for the devastation he's caused and only feels bad for himself for being caught and possibly facing the death penalty.

I don’t think anyone is debating whether or not he lied in his TV interview. Hopefully we’ll have some new information soon to discuss, as I feel we all are beginning to beat a dead horse, so to speak.

Of course, we all agree that he lied. But one of the most interesting things seems to be his lack of grief and sorrow, given that he had allegedly just watched his babies strangled to death before his eyes. Wouldn't we expect that he would be severely grief stricken?

Last night there were some posts about the size of the "manholes" on the tanks, I can't remember the specific term. A few people mentioned the circumferences, ie 24" or 36". Just to clarify, we're not talking about diameter here? For example 24" circumference is the distance around the electric kettle on my counter, 23" is the distance around my head with a thick scarf on and 35" is the circumference around the outside of one of those 5 gallon water bottles (carboy) I just happen to have in my office. Not saying we're using the wrong measurements, but no way he could stuff, IMO, any human body down the 24" circumference hole. Even the 36" circumference hole would not allow a person to enter it, unless compacted lengthwise or dismembered. The 36" circumference hole would be very tight for even a child, I'd think, and maybe, depending on when he killed them they might already be in full rigor mortis (?).

True. Makes me wonder about the other option, that people have discussed. Apparently these tanks have a lower door, which a person can enter, which is where they go to clean out the tanks? Is that correct? Could he have placed the girls from there, somehow?

They released just enough evidence in the affidavit to show probable cause for the arrest. Anything else will be held for trial. I can’t see any reason why they would release text messages before the trial. I’d be surprised.
I don't think I was debating the release of txt messages... but thanks.

all I could find that you had posted were these two on sep 11

1)
"No immediately visible signs of foul play ( Monday- LE)
No immediate arrest ( only the BOLO Tuesday 7am)
A dog howling c. 4am ( welfare call by neighbour)

What we have, at the moment, all leads to the same scenario. There was no big fight in the small hours.
IMO"
Another post..2)

"Dieter, Watts's dachs circa 4am Monday"

I still cannot find anything to confirm 4 a.m. anywhere. (And now folks are saying it was 5:15)

Let me head to the media threads cuz this is bugging me.
I can't find any specific date, either, and a search on this forum on "wellness check" brings up over 100 posts! I really doubt it was in the wee hours of Monday morning (i.e., between SWs arrival home at 2am and CWs leaving at 5:30am) because that'd mean the police were there before he left to check on the dog, around the same moments the murder(s) took place, and so I'm thinking it must have been the next morning - i.e., 4am Tuesday? CW slept at home that first night (Monday) and then Tues he slept at the neighbor's home.

Yes, for all we know he had a plan in place, but something triggered him to move faster.

My theory is that they had 'an emotional conversation' and his wife said ' Fine, go be with your new ho, I am taking the girls to my friends in the morning, then we are going back to NC...I'll text ya where to send the child support...'

I think all his plans went out the window because he had an immediate deadline now. Once she left him, he would not have any access to making up the 'she just walked away angry' theory anymore. If she was safely in her parents home, he'd have no access to implement his plans.

So he was forced to strike that night. JMO
Aw @katydid23, the voice of reason, lol. Thank you for your logical perspective. According to CW, that's exactly what she told him she was going to do - go to a friend's house. IIRC, he claimed that was the last thing she said. Interesting timing, don't you think?

Now, why would anyone choose to believe his ridiculous story that she strangled her girls when we have it from his own mouth that she was going to take them to a friend's house that day? Seriously folks, are we really just supposed to buy this claim that she up and changed her mind and decided to just kill them instead? Better take that to Craigslist, I'm sure not buying it.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
I see it differently. She did it before by herself. When they started dating she owned her own home. She would be able to stay at the home IMO and would get child support for all 3 kids even if they had 50/50 custody. He would most likely be the one to leave the house and still need to be paying some of the bills. I feel with her personality she could have gotten a decent 9-5 job that offered insurance. She has been through a divorce before. We are all different though so you just really never know. MOO

After Niko born and split all the assets acquired after marriage. Child support and spousal can be quite hefty I know some men struggling to pay bills and take care of themselves after the support is deducted. I thought someone said on the thread the house in CO was in his name?

Last edited:
I think it's interesting how people can watch the same interviews and see them completely different. I see absolutely zero confidence from his interviews. I see CW as scared, jumpy and stressed out. jmo

So you think he was scared , jumpy and stressed. Why wasn't he grief stricken, considering he'd just seen his wife strangle his little girls?

Those feelings that you described, fright, nervousness, stress, all have to do with HIS SITUATION---his fears are all about him not getting caught. No emotions evident concerning the loss of his children. JMO

@dixiegirl1035 said:
I keep hearing about the dogs wailing at 5:15 am. I've never seen that documented at that time. Does anybody have a link or is this a rumor that is getting legs?

I have never seen a time. I don't know where 5:15 came from, but I sure could have missed it.
Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed
On the day the family disappeared, however, the barking was different.

I do not believe the timestamp of 5:15AM fits any of the published information about the dog bark and/or requested wellness check for the dear dog. I recall the neighbor's account on live TV, and it corroborates with the print news that she reported the dog, but nowhere was the hour given. It also doesn't follow that she'd call in a report at 5:15AM, but more likely when she believed the family was away from home, and dog was unattended. Snip from the repor above:

...On the day the family disappeared, however, the barking was different.
“It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.”

BBM
I don't think it was premeditated(lay terms speaking). Probably they were bickering via text messages. Once she opened the door: verbal argument, physical struggle, SW strangled by CW.
In the 3, 5, or 7 minutes it takes to strangle someone, you don't think he had time to consider whether or not it would kill her?

Of course, we all agree that he lied. But one of the most interesting things seems to be his lack of grief and sorrow, given that he had allegedly just watched his babies strangled to death before his eyes. Wouldn't we expect that he would be severely grief stricken?
Yes it’s really weird after watching so many times his half truths about her was really about him.

Actually 4 kids once Niko born and split all the assets acquired after marriage. Child support and spousal can be quite hefty I know some men struggling to pay bills and take care of themselves after the support is deducted. I thought someone said on the thread the house in CO was in his name?
4 kids ??? Did I miss something. I looked up their house before we even knew she was deceased. And 100% house in both names. I was the first one to post the link to their home.
I have 2 kids with my ex and when we did have 50/50 custody he had to pay me a little over $300 a month and I make more money than him. I now have sole custody and its over $900 a month, by the way I have never seen a dime. Maybe due to he's in prison now :)

BBM
Only it seems (?) shoes off at door, purse and such on counter, suitcase by stairs.
So far for me- Ambushed around the 4am mention but I am also considering the girls already dead, then she puts stuff down to check on them, then he gets to her as/or before she has checked on them.
Still a fencing match going on in my head over this case.

4 kids ??? Did I miss something. I looked up their house before we even knew she was deceased. And 100% house in both names. I was the first one to post the link to their home.
I have 2 kids with my ex and when we did have 50/50 custody he had to pay me a little over $300 a month and I make more money than him. I know have sole custody and its over $900 a month, by the way I have never seen a dime. May due to he's in prison now :)
Thanks, Im sorry your right I meant all of them. My boss was near by it through me off. Lol

I know if *I* was accused of a committing a crime with my hands and I knew I didn't do it, I'd be chomping at the bit to give up my handprints to prove my innocence. But that's just me.

IKR. He is saying 'SHE strangled those babies, NOT ME'------so the state asks for his palm prints and he says ' 'show me a good reason why I should give then to you.' Such an obvious clue, in my opinion, that he has a lot to hide.

True. Makes me wonder about the other option, that people have discussed. Apparently these tanks have a lower door, which a person can enter, which is where they go to clean out the tanks? Is that correct? Could he have placed the girls from there, somehow?
Well I'm nearly positive they have a lower door, I believe someone posted that they had to drain the tanks to get to the girls. And it just seems logical that they would have to have access from the top and from the bottom to clean the tanks. Also I've seen here in some article that the tanks were full of oil. I don't know if the tank design differs a lot. Remember we did see that one video of a hole up on top that entered a ladder down into the oil But that hole, IMO would have to be larger than 36" circumference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member