Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO
I can. I’d bet my life on it.

If I drop a ball, I know that gravity is the reason that it is falling.

If a guy dumps the bodies of his children in oil, buries his wife in a shallow grave, and goes on tv to coldly and repeatedly lie about it. I know that he did these things because he is a murderer.

No ma'am. This is quite false. Shanann Watts is not a suspect.
Does this mean that LE will not investigate CW claim that SW killed the children? Hmmm.

I have a hard time understanding how a man (or woman) could/would admit to killing their pregnant spouse and not just admitting to killing the children too? Why not? He's already a murderer. So this makes me believe there could be truth to his story. Yes, I've followed the threads, no I'm not blaming the victim, I just want to say out loud, here, why I am in the 'wait and see' camp. Everyone saying how much SW is/was a wonderful loving mom and wife, yes, she certainly appeared to be. And he appeared to be a loving father and husband too. Until this. So what really happened? We will never know. IMO. Bad things.

I believe that all we have to go by are SW's social media posts saying that he did. I wouldn't trust a word that passes through his lips, so we may never know.
We also have the Thayer's interview. (Near the end.)

"Shanann and I were going to get our nails done or something one day and she told me that Chris that night before told her that he wanted another child and she was all on board."
Close friends of Shanann Watts horrified they welcomed accused killer into their home

Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO
Well, when we only have the word of a proven liar who is trying to save himself, I don't give him much credence.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how they show a guy became so enraged by his wife's murder of their kids that he killed her but second later was suddenly protective of her reputation.
Any person, normal or not, would be depressed about spendng their life in prison.
He is banned from the commissary, can't have a tv or anything to read in his jail cell and is only allowed 1 hour/day in a room where he can make calls and talk to his lawyer. No access to the internet would break me down fast.

I think he might take a plea.
But I'm not sure that the DA would offer one or accept it unless Shanann's family agreed to the plea.

Prosecution has the heavy burden of showing that the reports should be sealed - can’t just allege it’s in the public interest without showing some specific, unusual circumstances that the legislature could not have anticipated when the law was drafted.

There’s not enough information in the original motion, court wants to review the reports in camera and hear both sides’ arguments before deciding.

On another note - I am quite surprised there haven’t been any public requests (media, etc) to view the reports...

Me too. Maybe the rest of the world isn't as interested in this case as us.

He is banned from the commissary, can't have a tv or anything to read in his jail cell and is only allowed 1 hour/day in a room where he can make calls and talk to his lawyer. No access to the internet would break me down fast.

He didn’t think that he would face the consequences for killing his family?! He’s an idiot

You'd think his family would want to avoid a trial. It wouldn't be so much fun to go out of your house to the grocery store if your son was on trial for mass murder of people all smaller and weaker than he. All being his family. IMO
ETA I don't think his family believes him any more than the cops do. IMO

Last edited:
You'd think his family would want to avoid a trial. It wouldn't be so much fun to go out of your house to the grocery store if your son was on trial for mass murder of people all smaller and weaker than he. All being his family. IMO

If his family thinks he's telling the truth you would think his family wouldn't want him to make a plea bargain.
jmo

They usually don't.

Family annihilators don't typically think through the end result -- potentially being arrested -- instead focusing on "the immediate need and gain of the moment," Garrett said.
When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'
Exactly. You don’t give multiple tv interviews in which you tell lie after lie, unless you believe you can get away with it.

It takes incredible arrogance to believe you can do this, just like it takes incredible arrogance to believe you can get away with multiple murders.

He dreamed of being free. Ironically, his dream will lead to his nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1