Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had small kids I'd suggest going in with the neighbors and getting a renta clause who visits both houses. That way the Daddies will be visible, and kids in the other house might be seen which always brings up a little competition between kids. Or both families meet them together. The little ones will do what the big ones do, and none will be faced with a weird looking guy who sounds like Dad.
That’s a really good idea and would probably make it more fun/ less scary having other children there. That’s sad, “Daddies will be visible” Daddies should be the most important men in a child’s life, the “protector”. If only that was always true.

Respectfully IMO just as there is no reason to proclaim that SW murdered her children just because the man who murdered her & dumped her & her daughters' bodies in an oil field said she did. She hasn't been charged with anything. He has been charged with all of it.
Respectfully, we don't even know the cause of death. I think it would be incredibly difficult to charge a dead person with a crime but not so difficult to accuse them of it. JMO

My perception of CW has nothing to do with Scott Peterson or his behaviors and actions.
Scott Peterson is being used as an example of how an unassuming man, can kill those close to him. These guys have a lot of parallels:

No known history of violence
No criminal record
Well liked
Affairs
Unemotional in tv interviews
Manipulators
Liars

They both put on a facade, and they both killed and dumped their pregnant wives.

It would be a serious ethical violation to leak something that was said in camera. It is considered outside the court record and certainly not in the public record. In day to day litigation it usually comes up when someone makes a claim of attorney-client privilege and the other side disputes it. The judge alone will decide if the communication or document is privileged after the parties argue it in chambers.

Leaking something that was said during an in camera discussion could result in sanctions against the attorney personally or the judge finding the person in contempt of court. You could even risk a mistrial because of misconduct. The vast majority of attorneys do take their duties seriously, even in very high-profile and contentious cases.
I’m guessing that COD for all 3 is strangulation because C.W. would be even stupider than I think he is if he lied about how he “witnessed” CeCe being strangled. If there was a different COD, CW would be instantly guilty, caught in yet, another lie. And if strangulation was the COD, what is the State worried about? In what way would it not be in the public interest to know? They all died somehow. What they have to prove is who did it. How does strangulation affect that?

Respectfully, we don't even know the cause of death. I think it would be incredibly difficult to charge a dead person with a crime but not so difficult to accuse them of it. JMO
You’re right. It’s not difficult to accuse a dead person of a crime, like what we are seeing with SW here.

She was a victim, buried in a shallow grave, and her lying husband has accused her of strangling her children.

Some people are buying what he’s selling.

Scott Peterson is being used as an example of how an unassuming man, can kill those close to him. These guys have a lot of parallels:

No known history of violence
No criminal record
Well liked
Affairs
Unemotional in tv interviews
Manipulators
Liars

They both put on a facade, and they both killed and dumped their pregnant wives.

I understand, I'm not using Scott Peterson to come up with my perception of CW.

I don't think that Scott Peterson or McDonald had anything in their pasts to show who they really were until they murdered their families. And many others.

Yeah. We've repeated the list over and over and over.

There's a new one practically every week by the way. A pastor out of Canada murdered his wife and two little girls recently. Not a hint of trouble. Nice family man and daddy.

Over and over we see these cases with not one sign of what's to come.

One of the reasons people have mentioned as to why this keeps coming up is because it's such a scary thought that you or your kids can be married to someone capable of such seemingly sudden and shocking violence, so people simply become desperate to prove it can't happen to them. So the victim is blamed. If we can blame the victim we can distance ourselves from the possibility of such horror in or own lives.

I see it repeatedly in all sorts of homicide and accidental death cases.

For example, every single instance of a child drowning or being killed by an animal or dying in a freak accident like in a revolving restaurant, or at a waterpark, there are hundreds of posts online about "It sad but..." and then solidly blaming the parents or victim for what happened.

Family annihilator men usually are one of four types
Self righteous*feels someone specific is the blame for family demise like spouse and usually call or tell them of their plan
Paranoid*feels outside threat danger to family like the government
Anomic *feels disappointed by external event like loss of job
Disappointed *feels let down by his family deserted
Most murders are by white men in 30’s no criminal record.
I do not see CW as any of those types,
Not self righteous - he was not blaming SW for demise he was in another relationship ready to IMO move on
Not paranoid - not a gun collecting man isolated with family in a cabin thinking government is coming
Disappointed- not deserted or disappointed again moving on in current relationship
Anomic - was not disappointed by loss of job that he felt was affecting his status.
Women that kill children
Types
Actively psychotic ex post partum depression
Death unplanned ex dui wreck
Child not wanted ex Susan Smith
Warped reality thinking they would be better off dead
Revenge on spouse * example husband leaving her
Did SW seek revenge on her spouse ?

When mothers kill kids, twisted altruism may be factor, experts say
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK
Death of the Watts family - Wikipedia
The case has been connected in the media to the crime of "family annihilation". According to research, people responsible for killing their families tend to be white males in their 30s. Most of these crimes occur in August, before school starts, which may delay detection and investigation.[6]

When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'
Family annihilators "are driven to kill their family for a number of reasons," Garrett said. "Many times it's for financial problems. And the belief is that men, in particular, will kill their family because they have lost their ability to support them. And it gets into the male ego identity.

In a vast majority of family annihilation cases, Garrett said, the suspect either commits suicide or confesses.

"Like anybody else that commits some horrible, horrendous act, and they do it based on emotion and immediate need or gain," after arrested, he or she confesses because "they see the reality of what they're facing" and often creates an "alternative version of what happened."

But we have been shown again and again where men with none of these issues have murdered their families. SP came across as a loving husband who was looking forward to the birth of his child, yet he murdered his heavily pregnant wife and weighed her down with cement and threw her body in the ocean.
Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO

Why would you think that ? I have not seen any indication of change in either prosecution or defense team . I saw several fundraisers SW family has done for travel for the trial and I understand that . It seems CW family has lost grandchildren , a daughter in law and as a result their son. I am not sure if you mean it against his family by using The odd choice of words “precious son” to my knowledge in the media they have been silent.
I think CW's family might be perfectly happy with the P.D. handling this case. JMO

I like your post. I like to believe that if I had children, I would believe like you. I hope CW's parents and his family are there for him, not exactly defending him (how could they?) but rather, just loving him as their son. Whatever happened that night or morning is not defensible, IMO, even if what CW claims happened is true. Still, murder is murder. In addition to four lives ended, two sides of extended family have been shattered.

If this was my dad, and I had done this atrocity, my dad would be there with me for every hearing. He'd be crying his eyes out, but I'd know he was there. And he'd be telling me to tell the truth, and pay for my actions. (And it would kill him.). I feel so sad for both sides families and friends.

What I've seen is that people from families like yours don't typically do things like this. Sometimes but not always.

Because if they truly felt they had unconditional love and would have unlimited support from a functional family, no matter who they revealed themselves to be or what they did, they may not have felt they had to resort to murder to change their life.

Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO
Or, since I believe that LE has a tight case, and that no one else has been charged with anything, and since he is clearly a weak shell of a man and a cowardly liar, then yes, of course he is a family annihilator. Right up to when/if other evidence shows up. Until then......IMO

Last edited:
Jumping off your post -

IMO

I disagree that it's "hasty" at all. Some of us have been researching pretty steadily and have been comparing to multiple various cases.

That's not a knee jerk reaction. That takes time, thought and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pigg7457