Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
They usually don't.

Family annihilators don't typically think through the end result -- potentially being arrested -- instead focusing on "the immediate need and gain of the moment," Garrett said.
When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'
I don't think he spent much time thinking about the consequences either. But I do think he planned this murder, at least in the days or even weeks leading up to the actual day. He was described as being distant by not just Shanann but by others as well. He deleted his FB account. I think he was trying to distance himself from her and the girls while she was away from him and it showed when he was around them the last week when he joined them in NC. The deletion of his FB may have been his way of putting his old life behind him. He was seeing another women, perhaps telling her that his wife had left him when she was away for 5 weeks. I think he killed the girls before she got home that night, to avoid confrontation, and killed her soon after she arrived home. Her suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs. She must have needed something out of it that night, but it was never even brought up stairs...

But we have been shown again and again where men with none of these issues have murdered their families. SP came across as a loving husband who was looking forward to the birth of his child, yet he murdered his heavily pregnant wife and weighed her down with cement and threw her body in the ocean.

One thing I've noticed in cases like these, is that the killer has come up with a "perfect plan", which they believe no one will ever be able to figure out and prove anything, and will let them carry on their life as they'd prefer to live it. IMO they only commit the murder because they have convinced themselves they'll get away with it.

That's in contast to many other murders that are committed in haste, or under intense emotions, that police can much more easily solve.

I really wonder if there was a moment, and when it was, that CW thought to himself: gee, these oil tanks would be a perfect place to hide a body.

And how much does having that 'perfect plan': whether it's staging an accident and letting yout child die in a hot car (Ross Cooper), getting your best friend to stage a break-in that results in your wife's death (Mark Sievers), hiding your wife's body in your home's secret septic tank, 'the perfect place to hide a body, the previous owner said' (Ian Stewart), how much does having the possibility of that plan in mind, encourage the killer to go ahead and do it?

Are these people, in part, strongly attracted to the idea of carrying out this secret plan and getting away with it? Is that part of the motivation: "I could do this: wouldn't I be the clever one, then. I could fool them all." A kind of power trip.

I don't believe CW thought his family let him down, or that he's anti-social with rage, anger management and resentment issues. There was no known acts of domestic violence patterns and I don't think CW acted out with revenge. jmo
Do you think he just wanted to be free from his own flesh and blood and his wife so he decided murdering all of them was the most logical answer?

CW is in a county jail, not prison. I doubt there are any restrictions on how often or how long his attorneys can meet with him. If he's not suicidal, I'm betting he's being treated just as the others in jail. JMO
His being placed on suicide watch may also be to assure he doesn't harm himself or do what Israel Keyes did, with a guard sitting right outside the door. No one wants to see this guy escape justice, imo.

I wish that we had more of a post/reply stack. I see posts in quoted by other posters replying but struggle to find the original post.

Anyway, thanks @Baby butterfly and the doctor who mentioned Selena Gomez for cluing me in about having Lupus and being in the sun.

@Tippy Lynn , you cracked me up with your post about staying silent. :rolleyes:

"This has to stop" makes me think the time SW spent doing Thrive and that SW was on the phone to "her people" +videotaping really bugged CW.
It was all an illusion
"Under Close Watch Protocol, Watts spends 23 hours a day in his jail cell, where he sits in protective custody. He does not have a cellmate.

Guards must check on Watts every 10-15 minutes to ensure his well-being and must make visual contact with him. Additionally, Watts is not allowed the same privileges as other people at the jail, including no access to weights, reading material and television.".........."One hour per day, he is allowed to leave his cell; he is taken to a small room where he is allowed to shower and make phone calls to his family or to counsel. The room — known as the “hour out room” — is not occupied by any other prisoners during the time he is there. He is also not allowed any commissary privileges." Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources
I don't believe undisclosed sources who are used in click bait stories. CW has the right to be treated the same as others in jail awaiting trial. JMO

member: 98584"]Or have Santa come down the chimney, eat cookies, drink milk, leave toys and presents, go back up the chimney all the while the children are sleeping. (according to my home video)

Maybe times have changed and now Santa really knocks on people's front door?[/QUOTE]
Well that would definitely be less expensive. I was thinking of when I was about 6 and the neighbors had santa drop by. Seen by us kids right through our dining room window. I was so envious.

I don't think he spent much time thinking about the consequences either. But I do think he planned this murder, at least in the days or even weeks leading up to the actual day. He was described as being distant by not just Shanann but by others as well. He deleted his FB account. I think he was trying to distance himself from her and the girls while she was away from him and it showed when he was around them the last week when he joined them in NC. The deletion of his FB may have been his way of putting his old life behind him. He was seeing another women, perhaps telling her that his wife had left him when she was away for 5 weeks. I think he killed the girls before she got home that night, to avoid confrontation, and killed her soon after she arrived home. Her suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs. She must have needed something out of it that night, but it was never even brought up stairs...
Hi MsBetsy! Nice to see you. :)

I definitely think he had thought about it before. I waver on how much planning he put into it. I need just a tiny bit more. Still pre-meditated, however. MOO

Why would you say they would not resort to murder if they had a functional family ?

First, I'm very careful with my words. I greatly appreciate it if people would not misconstrue them. I did not say "they would not resort to murder if they had a functional family."

I use words like "typically", "sometimes", and "may" because absolutes are rare.

However, in general, that's what I've seen with past cases. Mark Hacking is an exception.

Of course his family descended on the hospital room in which he had retreated claiming he was suffering a mental break and they urged him to do the right thing and confess. He did. He's serving life in prison now.

Generally, from what I've seen, family annihilators have a sense of dread about appearing as less than perfect. Of the mask slipping. Of loved ones seeing them in compromising situations like affairs, or leaving a very pregnant wife, etc.

I've read a lot about some of these types including psychological exposes on some of these men.

And I've formed an opinion as a result.

I've seen certain patterns at play when it comes to their families of origin.

But does that mean the families are to blame? Absolutely not.

Millions of people come from less than functional families and don't commit atrocities. And sometimes people commit atrocities but come from decent, law abiding families with good parents who did their best. Like the recent Florida school shooter.

Regardless, I feel beyond a reasonable doubt that CW committed first degree murder against his Shanann, Bella and Celeste. I believe he walked up the stairs determined to end their lives and did so.

I believe he had full agency and made that decision on his own.

I believe that except in rare cases like Andrea Yates, for example, people are responsible for their own actions and when they decide to commit crimes they are the only ones to blame.

It was all an illusion

I don't believe undisclosed sources who are used in click bait stories. CW has the right to be treated the same as others in jail awaiting trial. JMO
I believe undisclosed sources if two things are true:

The publication has a strong track record in regards to accuracy.

The reporter has the same.

If he is under “close watch protocol” it isn’t because he isn’t being treated fairly. It’s because the circumstances call for it. I certainly believe they do here.

It was all an illusion

Not really, nor did a recent political celebrity and he wasn't even charged with 5 1st degree murders. Don't you think CW would probably not be around other guys when he is up for murder of 3 and 4 year old babies and desecrating their tiny bodies? Just a thought. IMO.

Last edited:
Or have Santa come down the chimney, eat cookies, drink milk, leave toys and presents, go back up the chimney all the while the children are sleeping. (according to my home video)
Maybe times have changed and now Santa really knocks on people's front door?
The thing about Santa is, yeah, sometimes some kids are scared, maybe they had a few behavioral issues that Santa wouldn’t approve of, and they don’t feel worthy, but when they open all those toys that Santa leaves for them on Christmas morning, they are all blissfully happy, and Santa is their hero.

Imo there’s a distinction of hate of a crime and trying to understand the events that led up to it. We know CW strangled his wife and we know he put their bodies in an oil tank and shallow grave. At this time I see publicly any indication of a plea to murdering his daughters, in fact it goes against his statement . IMO we have zero actual evidence this was planned ahead. In fact we have the contrary . We have both SW and CW never charged with violent behavior before. We have a timeline of events starting at 4 am futting their daily schedule , we have evidence left undisturbed and we have a delayed flight that not only gave him ample opportunity to clean scene but put him at risk if NU would have walked in at 2am with SW.

Why is this thread becoming an assault of family members ? I have seen zero indication ads or otherwise to even suggest anything you are saying.
Or have Santa come down the chimney, eat cookies, drink milk, leave toys and presents, go back up the chimney all the while the children are sleeping. (according to my home video)

Maybe times have changed and now Santa really knocks on people's front door?
If you don't have a chimney, parents have to come up with a different way for Santa to get inside the house.

Why would you say they would not resort to murder if they had a functional family ?

I think it’s reasonable to talk about potential triggers. Like you said, SW may have had triggers based on subjective social media data.
Why is it off limits to talk about the family of the person that confessed to assasinate his pregnant, tired, ill-feeling wife, load bodies in his truck and do the rest of unthinkable things??
Based on your subjective assumptions, his family is fair game

CW is in a county jail, not prison. I doubt there are any restrictions on how often or how long his attorneys can meet with him. If he's not suicidal, I'm betting he's being treated just as the others in jail. JMO
IMO most of us here are aware he's in county jail, not prison. It has been published multiple places that he is not allowed reading material, etc. and is only allowed out of his cell 1 hour a day for a shower & phone calls to family & lawyer. As to whether he is allowed more time with his lawyer, I can't speak to that & I have not seen that published anywhere. @gitana1 @Mrspratcher @Amandaaa @Alethea can any of you shed light on whether he would be allowed more time with his council?

Wouldn't it be something if SW pressed record on her phone and hid it in behind the pillow and it captured the murder(s)?

If SW remotely sensed that something may have been off, I wouldn't be surprised if she, feeling an escalating argument ensuing, thought to open the voice recording app on her phone to give her some sense of protection.

Who knows what story CW had ready for her upon her arrival. But whatever it was, it could have seemed non-threatening enough at first in order to ensure SW wouldn't phone for help or attempt to exit the home.

And if the girls were killed before she got home, IMO CW's self-preservation mode could have been in full effect, and could have started out as a conjured emotional argument initiated by CW in an attempt to distract SW, throw her off from finding the girls, and bolstering his willpower to fatally harm SW.

ETA: JMO.

I think perhaps they try to convince themselves their family member is innocent because the alternative is too much to bear. If they accept family member is guilty then they have to admit to themselves that they went wrong as a parent, family member. Not saying that they are in anyway to blame but if my child committed murder I would be asking myself how I bought up someone capable of doing the unthinkable. I would blame myself, even though the only person responsible is the person who committed the act.
Or just maybe they believe their son is innocent in the murders of his children and that he was provoked by SW's actions. After all, his family members were actually around the couple when the cameras weren't rolling. JMO

Imo there’s a distinction of hate of a crime and trying to understand the events that led up to it. We know CW strangled his wife and we know he put their bodies in an oil tank and shallow grave. At this time I see publicly any indication of a plea to murdering his daughters, in fact it goes against his statement . IMO we have zero actual evidence this was planned ahead. In fact we have the contrary . We have both SW and CW never charged with violent behavior before. We have a timeline of events starting at 4 am futting their daily schedule , we have evidence left undisturbed and we have a delayed flight that not only gave him ample opportunity to clean scene but put him at risk if NU would have walked in at 2am with SW.
I still think it's possible something happened after CW and the girls got home
from the birthday party. A tantrum or wetting the bed or soemthing and CW just
blew his stack. He already must have been stewing about the plane being late
and SW having to take a trip so soon after returning from NC.

But... the internet woman who has come forward (the Chick-fil-A hookup who resembles SW) said CW choked her during sex and that makes me think he was planning this for a while.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Post #3 from Gitana1
I am posting the evidence we know of again as some have asked. If anyone has other evidence to add please copy and add.

Evidence of triple murder:

1. Dad claims he saw a blue child on a baby monitor at night.

2. The coincidence of two people, unrelated by blood, both reacting to something in a short span of time by losing their minds and committing homicide, defies reason.

3. The coincidence of those same people both committing homicide in the exact same manner -strangulation- is unlikely.

4. A father passionate enough with love for his children, to kill at the sight of them being harmed, would be desperate beyond reason to save them. But:
a. Dad failed to call 911 to try to save his children. Even if he thought they were beyond help, a parentslove is so intense they will desperately and irrationally try for help that will never come.
b. There is no account of him throwing off the mother and working desperately to revive them or resuscitate them. Hell, total strangers have performed CPR on a child's corpse in rigor. (Cooper Harris case). But a passionately loving dad didn't even try in this case?

5. The dad failed to call 911 after killing his wife in a supposed fury of emotion.

6. Dad also failed to run screaming onto the lawn for help or in anguish.
In cases of such Greek tragedy magnitude either 5 or 6 usually comes into play.

7. This entire scene - the "emotional argument", the vicious strangulation of two children, the father witnessing the incomprehensible and reacting with murderous fury and anguish - all of it was totally silent. Except for the poor dog howling that night. How do we know? Because the houses are in close proximity and neighbors mentioned hearing nothing but the dog the next day IIRC.

8. CW did not scream or wail in anguish so great that it caused him to murder his wife. Not one report of such sounds.

9. CW supposedly lost his mind in grief and anguish. However he regained it in moments in a manner that does not comport with a true mental break. In cases we have seen where people lose it and commit murder, they are typically either wailing on the lawn and to 911 operators or they are in an apparent psychotic state- not lying about what happened, not covering it up, not able to function normally at all. See thumbnail of Julie Schenecker as an example of what this looks like. Police interview Julie Schenecker after kids found dead

10. CW, after such an insanely, horrific Greek tragedy of a scene, calmly loaded up the bodies of his wife and children in order to conceal their deaths and dispose of them. We know this because a neighbor stated she witnessed him leaving. (No reports of wailing and she said, IIRC, the truck drove normally. So no veering, spinning of tires or other signs of lack of composure). And it's apparently on video.

11. CW, a man passionately in love enough with his kids to erupt in murderous rage when they're harmed, did not attempt to give them a burial that comports psychologically with the love and bond parents have with their kids. Death Rituals Reported by White, Black, and Hispanic Parents Following the ICU Death of an Infant or Child
A Global History of Child Death

12. Instead he dumps them in two separate vats of oil. Not together. No way to commemorate their lives. Concealed. Discarded. In a manner that veers from any known traditional burial rite of any kind.

13. CW went to work and monitored the ring video of his house. After the horrific Greek tragedy he just endured. He went to work. And monitored the video of his front door.

14. CW left a few voice messages and sent some texts to the wife he knew was dead, thus calmly concealing what happened.

15. CW calmly called SW's friend after she came to the door and he saw her on the ring video. He asked what was going on. We know this because he stated as much and this is corroborated by the friend.

16. CW rushed home - blowing stop signs and with beating heart, according to him- when CW came to the house and expressed alarm. The first time we have heard of a hint of emotion on his part since the horrific murders of his kids supposedly by his wife and his heat of passion killing of her, occurs when he the authorities are about to get involved.

17. CW cooly lied to the friend about where SW was supposed to be that day and why she wasn't at home. After he lost his mind the night before. He is calm and able to work to conceal those events.

18. There is not one hint of brief reactive psychosis or drug induced psychosis in CW's demeanor and behavior since 5:15 am the morning of the deaths, nor the next day as he gives calm and detailed interviews to the media. His pupils are normal. He is not slurring speech. He does not have a vacant stare. He exhibits no delusions or paranoia. He is not showing emotional lability. (I'm no expert in psychology but have seen a few psychotic people due to psychotic breaks or drugs and it's easy to research).

19. CW shows no anguish, depression, grief, concern, sadness or despair during his stoic media interviews, despite having supposedly been so deranged by his passionate love for his kids that he killed their attacker. His eyes are dry. Not red. No signs of puffiness from weeping. His face is smooth and calm. He looks well rested. No bags under his eyes. He smiles. He grins. He smirks. All with the knowledge that his insane wife savagely murdered his precious babies causing him to lose his mind with anguish. And with the knowledge that the people he loved so fiercely it caused him to kill, are rotting in separate vats of oil.

20. CW calmly and continuously lies to the media about the whereabouts of his dead wife and dead children.

21. CW systematically works with LE to track down his wife and kids. Brainstorming. Supplying numbers and addresses. Calling people. All the while knowing they are dead and decomposing.

22. CW is questioned and lies about having an affair. A motive in many murders of wives.

23. SW was pregnant. (A circumstance present in vast numbers of murders of spouses or parents by men).

24. Some people and report that CW seemed distant with his wife and kids in the weeks leading up to this monstrous event.

25. CW was not hospitalized for any reason after this tragedy.

A couple of things from the CO model jury instructions:

D:01 DIRECT AND CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE—NO DISTINCTION

A fact may be proven by either direct or circumstantial evidence. Under the law, both are acceptable ways to prove something. Neither is necessarily more reliable than the other.

E:03 PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE, BURDEN OF PROOF, AND REASONABLE DOUBT

Reasonable doubt means a doubt based upon reason and common sense which arises from a fair and rational consideration of all of the evidence, or the lack of evidence, in the case. It is a doubt which is not a vague, speculative or imaginary doubt, but such a doubt as would cause reasonable people to hesitate to act in matters of importance to themselves.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/Supreme_Court/Committees/Criminal_Jury_Instructions/2017/COLJI-Crim 2017 - Final.pdf

If SW remotely sensed that something may have been off, I wouldn't be surprised if she, feeling an escalating argument ensuing, thought to open the voice recording app on her phone to give her some sense of protection.

Who knows what story CW had ready for her upon her arrival. But whatever it was, it could have seemed non-threatening enough at first in order to ensure SW wouldn't phone for help or attempt to exit the home.

And if the girls were killed before she got home, IMO CW's self-preservation mode could have been in full effect, and could have started out as a conjured emotional argument initiated by CW in an attempt to distract SW, throw her off from finding the girls, and bolstering his willpower to fatally harm SW.

ETA: JMO.
Maybe SW was recording the "emotional conversation" to use as evidence during a divorce trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member