Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is banned from the commissary, can't have a tv or anything to read in his jail cell and is only allowed 1 hour/day in a room where he can make calls and talk to his lawyer. No access to the internet would break me down fast.

I think he might take a plea.
But I'm not sure that the DA would offer one or accept it unless Shanann's family agreed to the plea.
CW is in a county jail, not prison. I doubt there are any restrictions on how often or how long his attorneys can meet with him. If he's not suicidal, I'm betting he's being treated just as the others in jail. JMO

But his family doesn't want to see him executed.

I think more about the toll a trial would take on Shanann's family. Her dad crying at the press conference and hearing was so painful to watch.

Everything her brother, Frankie, does makes me teary-eyed--trying to stay strong for his dad and support him during the hearing. His posts about his love for Shanann and the girls. His posts updating us about Dieter and how Dieter's adjusting are just so touching.

The crying people at the funeral was truly heartwrenching. Shanann's cousin was crying her eyes out.

Does this mean that LE will not investigate CW claim that SW killed the children? Hmmm.

I have a hard time understanding how a man (or woman) could/would admit to killing their pregnant spouse and not just admitting to killing the children too? Why not? He's already a murderer. So this makes me believe there could be truth to his story. Yes, I've followed the threads, no I'm not blaming the victim, I just want to say out loud, here, why I am in the 'wait and see' camp. Everyone saying how much SW is/was a wonderful loving mom and wife, yes, she certainly appeared to be. And he appeared to be a loving father and husband too. Until this. So what really happened? We will never know. IMO. Bad things.

From what I understand, if what he says is true, his charge would change to a lesser charge? @gitana1 correct?

CW is in a county jail, not prison. I doubt there are any restrictions on how often or how long his attorneys can meet with him. If he's not suicidal, I'm betting he's being treated just as the others in jail. JMO
"Under Close Watch Protocol, Watts spends 23 hours a day in his jail cell, where he sits in protective custody. He does not have a cellmate.

Guards must check on Watts every 10-15 minutes to ensure his well-being and must make visual contact with him. Additionally, Watts is not allowed the same privileges as other people at the jail, including no access to weights, reading material and television.".........."One hour per day, he is allowed to leave his cell; he is taken to a small room where he is allowed to shower and make phone calls to his family or to counsel. The room — known as the “hour out room” — is not occupied by any other prisoners during the time he is there. He is also not allowed any commissary privileges." Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources

If his family thinks he's telling the truth you would think his family wouldn't want him to make a plea bargain.
jmo
True. The family members of murder suspects usually believe in their innocence.

In fact, they tend to believe it more times than not.

They will also attempt to convince the public of the same, with online campaigns and tv interviews.

What I've seen is that people from families like yours don't typically do things like this. Sometimes but not always.

Because if they truly felt they had unconditional love and would have unlimited support from a functional family, no matter who they revealed themselves to be or what they did, they may not have felt they had to resort to murder to change their life.
I’m not sure what you are implying are you referencing Bella and Cee cees paternal grandparents ? Why would you state CW family is not functional ? I’m astonished that there have been so many references to his family on this thread. Imo no matter what I feel or theorize about SW or CW, I would never place blame or insult any of them. This is a tragedy and imo his family are victims as well. Are you saying they are to blame for this?

I’m not sure what you are implying are you referencing Bella and Cee cees paternal grandparents ? Why would you state CW family is not functional ? I’m astonished that there have been so many references to his family on this thread. Imo no matter what I feel or theorize about SW or CW, I would never place blame or insult any of them. This is a tragedy and imo his family are victims as well. Are you saying they are to blame for this?

No.

They will also attempt to convince the public of the same, with online campaigns and tv interviews.
Why is this thread becoming an assault of family members ? I have seen zero indication ads or otherwise to even suggest anything you are saying.

Why is this thread becoming an assault of family members ? I have seen zero indication ads or otherwise to even suggest anything you are saying.
I was responding to a comment about the family possibly believing him. I was saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. This is in no way an assault, as it is common and understandable.

I think perhaps they try to convince themselves their family member is innocent because the alternative is too much to bear. If they accept family member is guilty then they have to admit to themselves that they went wrong as a parent, family member. Not saying that they are in anyway to blame but if my child committed murder I would be asking myself how I bought up someone capable of doing the unthinkable. I would blame myself, even though the only person responsible is the person who committed the act.

You’re right. It’s not difficult to accuse a dead person of a crime, like what we are seeing with SW here.

She was a victim, buried in a shallow grave, and her lying husband has accused her of strangling her children.

Some people are buying what he’s selling.

Yes, exactly. And while it is impossible to charge a dead person with a crime, it is pretty inconceivable that the state of Colorado would proceed to charge CW with a crime they had reason to believe was committed by SW, dead or not.

They would not need to accuse her or charge her, they would simply drop those charges against CW.

If I had small kids I'd suggest going in with the neighbors and getting a renta claus who visits both houses. That way the Daddies will be visible, and kids in the other house might be seen which always brings up a little competition between kids. Or both families meet them together. The little ones will do what the big ones do, and none will be faced with a weird looking guy who sounds like Dad.
Or have Santa come down the chimney, eat cookies, drink milk, leave toys and presents, go back up the chimney all the while the children are sleeping. (according to my home video)

Maybe times have changed and now Santa really knocks on people's front door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea