Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

Christine Blasey Ford Reaches Deal to Testify at Kavanaugh Hearing

many clients who had been witnesses to the alleged assaults who went to schools in the same general areas, adding: "These house parties were widely attended. I’m representing multiple individuals that have knowledge of this.

Michael Avenatti claims to have evidence of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct

Gov. Hogan rules out state police investigation of Kavanaugh allegations; Montgomery County police not investigating

Gov. Hogan rules out state police investigation of Kavanaugh allegations; Montgomery County police not investigating

Hogan spokeswoman Amelia Chasse said the state police are free to investigate all matters that fall under their established guidelines. Chasse said to use the state police to investigate such a matter would be going down “a very dangerous and slippery slope.”

“The governor has never used the state police to pursue investigations at his personal whim,” she said.

A county police spokesman, Officer Rick Goodale, said the department would not investigate the matter unless it received a formal complaint. The police department on Monday released a statement saying it had not received a request from an alleged victim or attorney to investigate Kavanaugh.

The county state’s attorney’s office declined to comment except to say no charges have been filed in the matter.

The Montgomery County Police Department says they have not received a request from any alleged victim or victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Montgomery Co. Police: Accusers have not requested investigation into Kavanaugh

Montgomery County police: No word from Christine Blasey Ford about Kavanaugh investigation

Montgomery County Police Department says it hasn’t heard from Christine Blasey Ford about probe

She never filed a complaint. I doubt she will, if she was going to she would have before coming out.<jmo

I also don’t think she will because as I believe this is a made up story, if she files a complaint and he is charged and she is found to be lying then she could and should be charged w/ filing a false complaint and possible defamation of character.

Jmo

I’m on the fence as to whether she’ll show up thursday.

next post you can read the questions easily.
Dn0mJm8WsAAX2kI.jpg:large

Fox interview really has backfired as those who knew Kavanaugh during that time say he was heavy "belligerent" drinker. Also Steve Kantrowitz on Twitter said Kavanaugh as a freshman at Yale told him then that he was not a virgin.
Now he is really coming across as a liar which many suspected. We don't need a liar and accused sex predator on Supreme Court to take us back 100 years by taking away women's rights. Trump has told over 5000 lies while in office and was accused by almost 20 women of sexual assault--he would defend such a person.

Last edited:
This is horrible. I can relate. I was 13. I went to the bathroom in a house where I was invited to watch tv and eat popcorn. When I came out I was shoved against the wall and pushed into a bedroom. I got away only because I kicked and bit and fought. I cannot tell you the day. I cannot tell you the address. I CAN tell you the name of the person and the year and that it was summer. He is dead now. I never talked about it for fear of shame and blame.

Fox interview really has backfired as those who knew Kavanaugh during that time say he was heavy "belligerent" drinker. Also Steve Kantrowitz on Twitter said Kavanaugh as a freshman at Yale told him then that he was not a virgin.
Now he is really coming across as a liar which many suspected. We don't need a liar and accused sex predator on Supreme Court to take us back 100 years by taking away women's rights. Trump has told over 5000 lies while in office and was accused by almost 20 women of sexual assault--he would defend such a person.

Most likely if anything is going to stop his nomination it will be the lies. I hope the hearing doesn't turn out to just be a pacifier, but I don't have high hopes. Sexual assault should not be treated in this circus-like atmoslphere.

OT ... Bill Cosby just got sentenced 3-20 years in prison for sexual assault.

Kavanaugh accuser asks Senate to limit press access for hearing

Coverage is one of a number of issues Ms. Blasey Ford’s lawyers are negotiating with Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Blasey Ford asks Senate to limit press access for Kavanaugh hearing

Michael Bromwich said in emails sent Tuesday afternoon that he was requesting access for three “robocams,” three specific wire services, photographers from the Associated Press, Reuters and one unspecified service, and a pool reporter for newspapers and magazines. In a follow-up email he specified that the robocams should be operated by “the CSPAN TV pool,” and said he also wanted space for a radio reporter.

Those emails were among several seen by The Washington Times detailing the tense negotiations between Ms. Blasey Ford’s team and committee staff.

Gotta say, I don't blame the opposition for trying because, due to judicial appointments, our country really is going to be fundamentally changed over the next generation.

And I love it❤️

What do you mean by “opposition”? Are you suggesting that if someone doesn’t support Kavanaugh for SCOTUS they’re immediately on the “other team,” whatever that means?

I vote Republican, for example.

Er, but I won’t be voting Republican. My upcoming state elections are too important. My hyper-red district actually went to Bernie in the primaries, which is unheard of. My hope is we’ll have a Democratic state Governor by this time next year.

I can’t stand that this confirmation process has been made into such a polarizing, extreme left/right issue. It shouldn’t be. It’s kinda ridiculous, tbh. It’s a no-brainer that the hearings continue with the judiciary committee, imo. Air out the room, so to speak.

What happened to our middle ground?

To reason and logic?

To diplomacy?

I'm looking forward to hearing from Michael Avenatti's client(s).

One thing I've observed about him during these past months is that he delivers what he promises, and that his clients' allegations (thus far) have been supported by evidence.

I think the proverbial doo-doo is about to hit that big ol' fan, so some folks better get ready to duck.

This is horrible. I can relate. I was 13. I went to the bathroom in a house where I was invited to watch tv and eat popcorn. When I came out I was shoved against the wall and pushed into a bedroom. I got away only because I kicked and bit and fought. I cannot tell you the day. I cannot tell you the address. I CAN tell you the name of the person and the year and that it was summer. He is dead now. I never talked about it for fear of shame and blame.

I’m so sorry, @frisson. My mom related a similar story to me the other day. She’s in her mid-70s and hasn’t talked about it since it happened in high school.

The son of a prominent citizen of a neighboring town asked my mom out on a date. He seemed well-respected, star athlete, good grades. On the way to pick up her friends for a blind double date to the local Dairy Freeze and then a football game, he instead drove her out to a country road and tried to rape her.

She fought so hard that she kicked out two windows in the car. She doesn’t remember kicking out the windows — she remembers the horror and anger at the realization of what was happening. My mom was 5’4, all of 100 pounds.

He was so mad, he threatened to leave her there. She dared him to, just so she would “have” to explain to her dad how she got home. He had ripped her dress. She lost a shoe. She was bruised and disheveled.

He drove her home.

She managed to get to her bedroom and start changing into her pajamas before her mom and dad had the chance to see her clothes. She was terrified that people would know she was sexually assaulted. That she would have a “look” to her. She was terrified. She said she felt ashamed.

She just told her parents the date was lousy and never told anyone.

Until she told me, her daughter. I could tell it was painful for her to talk about it.

She was attacked over half a century ago.

Some things in our society haven’t changed at all, it seems.

Huge hugs to you, @frisson. Thank you for sharing. I hope it brings you some comfort. Personally, the experiences shared here have helped me feel less isolated.

The senate judiciary is not equipped to deal with this. Why didn't they just agree to bring in the FBI and let them sort it out? It's what they do. It would have benefitted all parties.

It's turning into a blood bath.
-jmo

I agree with you 100%. It’s a dumpster fire.

Allowing the FBI to look into it is “standard practice.” It happened with the Anita Hill / Clarence Thomas hearings, too. And her biggest issue wasn’t “proving” that he sexually harassed her. I mean, it became clear he behaved inappropriately. But that wasn’t her issue. She just wanted his “whole character” discussed before the vote.

And it was.

He was approved.

A Timeline Of Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill Controversy As Kavanaugh To Face Accuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member