Australia Australia - Sydney, Royal Nat Park, poss AsianMale 25-40, bones in checkered shopping bag, Sep'18

Does anyone know any other shop types (apart from bargain stores) that sell these Hong Kong shoppers? (I can finally call them something other than “big plastic tartan bags” thank you Jennifer17!)

When I looked on the internet, Byron Camping is another shop that sells them ... so maybe some camping outlets?

I would think these bags are so cheap and ubiquitous, it would be hard to trace the source. Unless it is a rare design. They are reusable too, so need not be bought first hand.

The design and any tags would hopefully be researched to see if there’s even a slim chance of tying the bag to the victim or perp, even a list of retailers.

In a classic case of mentally burying the lede, I just remembered reading that the person who discovered the bag, noticed a discarded number plate first, right?

*Edit*

Double checked and yes.

Last edited:
Human bones found in Sydney park

Seven News reports the bones were discovered “dumped in a bag”. The motorist is believed to have spotted a license plate in the bushes before noticing a large, checkered bag. Inside, police say, there were a collection of bones.

Mark Leveson, the father of Matthew Leveson, was visiting the bushland where his son was buried 11 years ago on Saturday when police told him they had discovered bones.

He told Seven News he hopes another family gets closure.

FYI the bag being discussed here is called the "red white blue bag" by the Hong Kong locals. Whether that is indeed the design in this case remains to be seen..

Red-white-blue bag - Wikipedia

Thanks for this link!

I was just mulling over whether a body could skeletonise within one of these, or if these are remains that have been transported from a different location, like an initial burial site.

Due to the discovery being reported as “bones” and not “remains” or “body” (plus initial questions of whether they were animal bones), I doubt clothes were present.

The wiki says the bags are considered relatively durable, except those damn zippers. But durable enough to have a body skeletonise inside and survive a considerable amount of severe weather at the Park?

I was just mulling over whether a body could skeletonise within one of these, or if these are remains that have been transported from a different location, like an initial burial site.

Due to the discovery being reported as “bones” and not “remains” or “body” (plus initial questions of whether they were animal bones), I doubt clothes were present.

Just thinking of another case, little Khandalyce Pearce was just bones and clothes by the time she was discovered in a suitcase at the side of a road (almost 7 years after her murder).

Does this mean they found a second bag with remains ?

Going off this article alone, I believe the timeline is:
Saturday 22/09 - Police called to roadside discovery of bones in the afternoon
Sunday 23/09 & Monday 24/09 - Two day search by police, when bag was found containing more remains.

Looking at other news reports, the media was alerted to the discovery around 6:20 am on Monday 24th September - and vary in reporting whether it was the member of the public or the police who found the bag.

Here's the NSW Police media report from Monday:

An investigation is underway following the discovery of bones in Sydney’s south at the weekend.

Officers from Sutherland Police Area Command were called to Sir Bertram Stevens Drive in the Royal National Park, after bones were found just after 4.45pm on Saturday (22 September 2018).

A crime scene was established at the scene overnight, and a co-ordinated search of the area began yesterday (Sunday 23 September 2018).

The remains have been sent for forensic examination to determine if they are human or otherwise.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or Crime Stoppers NSW. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.

Here's an image from Channel 7 showing... I don't know? The bag? Police tape around tarp covering the bag? Channel 9 also have this same image, apparently from a helicopter, maybe even a police helicopter.

3ea1c394fc2bc6d43fdb8090f501f529

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back