Australia Australia - Sydney, Royal Nat Park, poss AsianMale 25-40, bones in checkered shopping bag, Sep'18

So it wasn't a police tipoff but a driver who pulled up.

The skeletal remains were found by a driver who pulled up on the side of Sir Bertram Stevens Drive on Saturday afternoon.

It is believed that the bones had been buried in the park for quite some time before the discovery was made.

Forensic investigators are now working to identify the person, possibly looking at DNA and dental records.

While police found the bones of Matthew Leveson in the same park last year, it is believed the latest discovery is unrelated.
Human bones found in Sydney national park

So it wasn't a police tipoff but a driver who pulled up.

The skeletal remains were found by a driver who pulled up on the side of Sir Bertram Stevens Drive on Saturday afternoon.

It is believed that the bones had been buried in the park for quite some time before the discovery was made.

Forensic investigators are now working to identify the person, possibly looking at DNA and dental records.

While police found the bones of Matthew Leveson in the same park last year, it is believed the latest discovery is unrelated.
Human bones found in Sydney national park
They pulled over at that exact spot to go to the toilet!
Amazing, if they hadn't, that poor person would still be there...:eek:

Channel 9 news- not a child

10 news said ‘in the same park’. (Big difference)
What really is walking distance in a park that is 151-square-kilometre (58 sq mi)
It is about 29 kilometres (18 mi) south of the Sydney central business district near the localities of Loftus, Otford, and Waterfall.

They pulled over at that exact spot to go to the toilet!
Amazing, if they hadn't, that poor person would still be there...:eek:

A toilet break! That’s make you want to **** yourself.
What I could see on the news is that the roadway drops away down to a steep gully/ravine.

It looks to me that someone has stopped and rolled the body down from a car.

Yes I know Royal National Park, not far from where I live. Used to go there in my youth, rowing swimming in the river, bushwalking etc.

Not sure about ML's case, but if they had already found his skull....

Lyn Dawson was up in the Northern Beaches, of course it was possible to drive down to Royal National Park especially if killer was somehow linked to that area. But there were enough parklands up north to dump a body, that would be more convenient.

Anyway fingers crossed some family will get closer to the truth soon.

Royal National Park: Human remains have been found after a body was dumped in a bag. A murder investigation is now underway. The chilling find was made on the anniversary of Matthew Leveson's disappearance. @ebatten7 #RoyalNationalPark #7News
Found in a chequered shopping bag 2.5kms from where Matthew was found
Sorry, I don't know how to copy videos, this was channel7 twitter news

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500