Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo I can’t conceive experiments of cutting a hole in a paper and simulating disposing of a child in a tank. It seems as if CW has confessed to this crime. The person on AB have his “could have” “if” the oil “could have been “ at such a level. We will find out the details at the hearing. <modsnipped> There will be court testimony about all of this.
It's hardly a criminal reenactment to take measurements of a child, or see if a paper cut out goes over their shoulders! And not at all appalling! I don't think it is a matter of satisfying a curiousity, either, but rather a way to determine whether or not he manipulated the body, broke any bones, or crammed the children into the small opening which many people view as quite different than dropping them into a tank. It takes a certain type of individual to do this in such a manner. In fact this is part of the charge. Part of " sleuthing," is to try to solve a crime much like an investigator would do. As you said, there will be court testimony in regard to this, so I assume investigators will absolutely address this. To assume or imply that people on this site are abusing children is appalling, not to mention judgemental and unkind. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute, is what CW did considered a "ritual" now? o_O
Did he preform some sort of religious rights over the oil tanks? Say a prayer?
Is he a cult member or something? Is that why some people are sympathizing with him? :eek:
What will his defense come up with next? :rolleyes:
LMAO!!! Oh goodness, we needed a bit of humor Gardener, thank you!
(Cleaning computer screen now, lol!)
MOO

Is he a cult member or something? Is that why some people are sympathizing with him? :eek:
It has been suggested that CW’s body disposal method may have been symbolic, and in some way, loving.

I think he was just trying to get away with murder.

It's hardly a criminal reenactment to take measurements of a child, or see if a paper cut out goes over their shoulders! And not at all appalling! I don't think it is a matter of satisfying a curiousity, either, but rather a way to determine whether or not he manipulated the body, broke any bones, or crammed the children into the small opening which many people view as quite different than dropping them into a tank. It takes a certain type of individual to do this in such a manner. In fact this is part of the charge. Part of " sleuthing," is to try to solve a crime much like an investigator would do. As you said, there will be court testimony in regard to this, so I assume investigators will absolutely address this. To assume or imply that people on this site are abusing children is appalling, not to mention judgemental and unkind. Jmo

Wholeheartedly agree with your post.

And you're right, it does take "a certain type of individual to do this in such a manner".

CW has confessed to being just that type of individual.

imo

Are obstacle courses for kids traumatizing?
No, and as I said yesterday my daughter would have loved to try an experiment like that when she was four. Any activity she could engage in, was a good time according to her. No need to tell a child why you are doing it, and not even one therapy session required. Jmo

Well, it was suggested where he placed the children was symbolic in some way. In exactly what way I have no idea.

It has been suggested that CW’s body disposal method may have been symbolic, and in some way, loving.

I think he was just trying to get away with murder.

BBM-- Me too, MG! I'm not aware of any ritual anywhere in the world that involves shoving children's bodies into crude oil tanks. But maybe CW started something new. After all, he is just misunderstood! :rolleyes: o_O

No, and as I said yesterday my daughter would have loved to try an experiment like that when she was four. Any activity she could engage in, was a good time according to her. No need to tell a child why you are doing it, and not even one therapy session required. Jmo
Haaaa, exactly. My nephew wanted me to measure him after I measured his sister.

Great post @gitana1, Wow!! So many good points.

Do you think there is any chance that CW backs off his original confession that SW killed the daughters? Did he make that confession without an attorney? Is it possible that CW's defense team looks at the total absurdity of his behavior and coverup and decides that SW killed the kids isn't a viable scenario or defense? Or will they double down and go all in on this defense? Is it possible that when the defense looks at all the evidence and case against CW that they might drop that claim?

I feel like he would even be better off with something like, "Thrive made me lose my mind." Or that he "snapped" - even though everything he did following that says otherwise. But if he falsely blames the wife he murdered of killing her daughters, that would make him an even worse person, if that is even possible. Or - I suppose he could be a good person and confess to any truths, but not expecting that from him.

Me too, MG! I'm not aware of any ritual anywhere in the world that involves shoving children's bodies into crude oil tanks. But maybe CW started something new. After all, he is just misunderstood! :rolleyes: o_O
And people from all over the world are talking about him and he cannot understand why?
Because it is so heinous, that is why.
I am sure that he thought that everyone was going to believe his merry tale on the front porch that they had just walked away.

Do we think CW will be advised to shave his beard for trial, assuming it comes to a trial? I do not know what the consensus is by trial attorneys. Does having a beard or mustache on a defendant accused of heinous crimes inadvisable because it can possibly have a subconscious effect on jurors/public? E.g. hiding your facial expressions or looking tougher or less open? Just curious. It is interesting to me all the ways in which a defendant's appearance can be altered to present the most wholesome image possible.

EDITED TO ADD: I know this is hardly critically important, but I saw a pause in the convo here and thought I would ask :)

Me too, MG! I'm not aware of any ritual anywhere in the world that involves shoving children's bodies into crude oil tanks. But maybe CW started something new. After all, he is just misunderstood! :rolleyes: o_O
W
They’re probably going to have to spend the next 20 years in therapy. Talk about a costly experiment.
Hope you didn't put it on SM for all to see! G knows what you'll be accused of... the list could be endless. MBP, OCD, Passive aggressive personality.... murder :);)

Do we think CW will be advised to shave his beard for trial, assuming it comes to a trial? I do not know what the consensus is by trial attorneys. Does having a beard or mustache on a defendant accused of heinous crimes inadvisable because it can possibly have a subconscious effect on jurors/public? E.g. hiding your facial expressions or looking tougher or less open? Just curious. It is interesting to me all the ways in which a defendant's appearance can be altered to present the most wholesome image possible.

EDITED TO ADD: I know this is hardly critically important, but I saw a pause in the convo here and thought I would ask :)
I am guessing he will lose the facial hair and wear his glasses.

Imo I can’t conceive experiments of cutting a hole in a paper and simulating disposing of a child in a tank. It seems as if CW has confessed to this crime. The person on AB have his “could have” “if” the oil “could have been “ at such a level. We will find out the details at the hearing. <modsnipped> There will be court testimony about all of this.

So using a string and ruler to measure a child (the same thing one would do when measuring a child for clothing) is disturbing yet CW placing his children in two tanks of oil and leaving then behind to decompose is not? I measured my own child this morning for the same purpose. She stood still and watched cartoons as I pulled out the measuring tape. I can assure you that there was nothing macabre about it.

I am truly trying to understand this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members