Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be handy? A lamp, a kids chair, ...? Main point is he is much bigger and stronger. He had options.

He had a 'panic button' on his alarm system. Much like Oscar Pistorius, he never used that panic button, even though he claimed to be fighting for his life.

He could have screamed bloody murder, to get the neighbors involved. If they could hear Dieter howling, they'd hear a father screaming about his dying children---if he wanted them to.

I have no problem with him attacking his wife, IF she was strangling the baby. But she was pregnant with his son. So why strangle her to death, when he had other options?

I was responding to what would a woman use because people were saying that they would take care of their child. I am wondering what an average woman, not a muscular man would. That’s obvious. I don’t have anything in my bedrooms. But I like stripped down so not a good judge

However, we do know, he never called 911 for help, never pressed the panic button, never screamed for his neighbors to help, never had a loud enough fight with her to get anyone's attention.

And we do know that strangling an adult takes several precious minutes of time. And it said that she was 'actively strangling' the child. So the child was still potentially able to be revived. So if just those few facts are correct, he didn't place the priority on his child's revival but placed it on revenge against his pregnant wife.

Even if they add in more facts, the few that we do know are pretty damning. The child was still potentially able to be revived, and he did not call for medical help to make that happen. There is no way that he did call for help and it didn't make it into the confession.

And there is no way that he could 'know' the child was beyond help, if his wife was still actively strangling the child. A baby can look deceased and still be able to be revived in cases like this.
Children being revived and recovering without Ill effects is a fairly common news story. Usually it's a drowning or an accident, but the outcome is the same. So, why didn't he try to save the children? Easy answer; he killed them!

Did he originally tell LE where the bodies were or did they find out first and confront him with it? I missed that part. Did they find the sheet first and then question him about it before they looked in the tanks?
If memory serves, he did not "confess" until after the drone footage and bedsheet were seen near what looked like a shallow grave. I do not know if they had already gone to the grave site, but I believe he knew his goose was cooked because they had located the approximate site of the remains and he would be the only culprit, given the locked up house and security camera footage he already knew he was dealing with...it certainly did not seem like a conscience come clean, IMO.

Well these tanks have standard sized man holes and from what I found, they were 18” to 21” diameter. I’m not sure where the 8” diameter came from.
Wow, if this is correct, the last few threads, about 8 inch diameter, had us, down the 'garden path'.
Hope you have evidence, as this will change my thoughts, of CW's horrid actions in manipulating the bodies into the openings.

Well, the problem is that he is not a medical professional, and he doesn't have oxygen tanks, or a defibrillator, or any experience with unresponsive victims. he had no credible way to make the decision that his unconscious child was beyond help.
Recently in Chicago a presumed dead victim on the street sidewalk had a sheet placed over him by the emt and police while they tried to help other alive victims.

30 minutes to 40 minutes later the dead guy started moving because he wasn't dead. They rushed him to the hospital where he then died from his injuries I think.

So my point is. I wonder if the last child had oil in her lungs because she was still unknowingly alive and the prosecution doesn't want that information out. Idk

I was responding to what would a woman use because people were saying that they would take care of their child. I am wondering what an average woman, not a muscular man would. That’s obvious. I don’t have anything in my bedrooms. But I like stripped down so not a good judge
Desperation and adrenaline make powerful weapons.

I bet he's going to try something like that. That would be a disassociative fugue state and from what I've been told people in such states can't remember their names, addresses and history.

He knew where he worked and talked calmly with NUA and LE the next day and worked hard to conceal everything.

It doesn't fit.
Jodi Arias' hired psychologist testified that she created an alternative universe (also mentioned she disassociated from her crime, iirc) as a defense mechanism. So she was able to laugh, giggle, lie after the murder.

The prosecutor countered with one question - Sir, that alternative universe means nothing more than a lie, right?

Bam!

However, we do know, he never called 911 for help, never pressed the panic button, never screamed for his neighbors to help, never had a loud enough fight with her to get anyone's attention.

And we do know that strangling an adult takes several precious minutes of time. And it said that she was 'actively strangling' the child. So the child was still potentially able to be revived. So if just those few facts are correct, he didn't place the priority on his child's revival but placed it on revenge against his pregnant wife.

Even if they add in more facts, the few that we do know are pretty damning. The child was still potentially able to be revived, and he did not call for medical help to make that happen. There is no way that he did call for help and it didn't make it into the confession.

And there is no way that he could 'know' the child was beyond help, if his wife was still actively strangling the child. A baby can look deceased and still be able to be revived in cases like this.

I kept thinking about those terms that were used; "actively strangling," wondering what benefit it could serve CW to say "actively," vs stumbling in on SW with the girls already dead.

And then I thought about what benefit it would serve CW to introduce the image of him viewing the active strangling through the baby monitor, vs. seeing it in person.

I can't help but wonder if he might have told LE during the confession that SW had locked the door, preventing him from helping his children. And that maybe he felt the need to say "actively" and "through the monitor" to support his claim that she was the one who killed the girls. Complete speculation, and I don't believe it would've been true for a second. Just thinking out loud on potentially filling that gap in the affidavit on what CW might have said to LE leading up to him "ultimately" strangling SW. Jmo

Maybe someday we'll see what he said before vs after he talked to his father.
I still believe the original reports of his admitting he killed all of them was what he actually said, and the only mistake was that it was reported by LE and a family member before the actual confession was signed or the final affidavit was written. And before he changed his story after speaking to his father. Jmo

Wow, if this is correct, the last few threads, about 8 inch diameter, had us, down the 'garden path'.
Hope you have evidence, as this will change my thoughts, of CW's horrid actions in manipulating the bodies into the openings.
IMO, it is simply the best available educated guess (by an expert on AB show) we have been shown. But also IMO I do not see how it should change whether the evidence points squarely at him at the sole murderer we know of to date.

Last edited:
I kept thinking about those terms that were used; "actively strangling," wondering what benefit it could serve CW to say "actively," vs stumbling in on SW with the girls already dead.

And then I thought about what benefit it would serve CW to introduce the image of him viewing the active strangling through the baby monitor, vs. seeing it in person.

I can't help but wonder if he might have told LE during the confession that SW had locked the door, preventing him from helping his children. And that maybe he felt the need to say "actively" and "through the monitor" to support his claim that she was the one who killed the girls. Complete speculation, and I don't believe it would've been true for a second. Just thinking out loud on potentially filling that gap in the affidavit on what CW might have said to LE leading up to him "ultimately" strangling SW. Jmo
IMO: He saw "actively strangling" so it would fit a rage/passion downgrade of the murder of his wife and unborn child and on the monitor so as to create a tiny bit of leeway that it sparked the rage...but not in time to "save" the child (did not happen in front of him - had to run to room and "discover" deed was done).

Last edited:
Well these tanks have standard sized man holes and from what I found, they were 18” to 21” diameter. I’m not sure where the 8” diameter came from.
Where did you find this? The people familiar with the specific oil barrels they were found in were the original source for this. What other source did you find? Are you sure you are not thinking of the holes near the bottom?

Well, the problem is that he is not a medical professional, and he doesn't have oxygen tanks, or a defibrillator, or any experience with unresponsive victims. he had no credible way to make the decision that his unconscious child was beyond help.
CW needed NO special knowledge or eqipment to dial 911, push the panic button, or scream for help! As a loving parent (read all the numerous posts on all the threads) he had every reason and need to believe his unconscious child could be helped! It's beyond amazing what loving parents have done. It's beyond belief what he failed to do.

Sorry. I disagree. The article you linked to was all about how the proposed legislation to seal autopsy reports of children and the request to seal autopsy reports dealing with police shootings would enable government cover ups when it comes to homicides involving or in some way connected to government officials.

The article specifically states that in those situations sealing records could actually cause substantial injury to the public interest while the standard for not allowing release is preventing such substantial injury.

Yes, I think the legislation is definitive enough that it will be an uphill battle to keep the results sealed until trial. As I have stated.

But let's compare. How does a purported "ongoing investigation" of a homicide four months AFTER the defendant has been already charged, represent a possible substantial injury to the public if the report was released, but not wanting to taint witnesses or future jurors, wouldn't?

I don't see much difference. And you still haven't answered how an ongoing investigation is something the legislature couldn't identify prior to drafting the legislation.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one - it isn’t something to be argued, this is just my own personal experience. I have no doubt that yours is different.

This. That's exactly what I want to know.

Because they will interview you for hours to clarify information during your confession.

So was that just a basic summary statement by him or by them?

In a recent trial, (van Breda) the accuser stated in Court, the Interview (on paper) was not, as he had stated.
The accuser, even stated, he doesn't use such wording.
By the way, the accuser was found GUILTY.:)

But CW was a lot larger than SW, would not have needed a shoe to hit her with, just shoving or pulling her by all her hair, jumping on her, elbows, punching, whatever. Not necessarily a weapon needed. I know you were talking about being in that situation as a woman, but you'd have to make the man much smaller than the woman to equate to what might have happened in this case. Anyway, as another poster mentioned (sorry I have forgotten who) it seems obvious to many of us that even if it started as he said, he was much more intent on killing her than saving anyone else.

It came from AB's interview with an engineer or expert of the type of tank involved. It was discussed a lot at the first part of thread #33.
Yes, what is the source for the bigger size? Maybe poster is referring to the other holes, with 64 bolts, on the bottom, which would require the tanks to be drained and filled back up again?

I am wondering, if this info is incorrect: the openings being much larger.
If only 8 inches, CW will forever be remembered for this horrid disposal of his kids: worldwide.
In Court, he will be an outcast.
He will be heckled for the remainder of his existence.

To be honest, I think that his own defense team finds this particular defendant repugnant. I noted their body language during the initial hearing, it seemed to me, that they were leaning away from him, turned away. Not too chummy or any other way teams act with their client.

They probably need to work on this for his trial. It would be painfully obvious to the jury that CW disgusts his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph