Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing he put the girls in the oil to destroy any evidence that would prove he murdered them.
The theory presented by the expert on AB was interesting, that with the relatively low output of the oil well pumps that fill those tanks, it could be 3 months before the tanks were filled. Not sure if that was before both tanks were filled, or just one. So would it have been 6 months to fill both tanks, or 3 months? IE does each tank get filled by a different oil well pump, or are there 2 pumps feeding that tank farm. (anyone know?) If he specified that detail, I missed it.

Last edited:
Like what reason would he not want her with the kids? Other than not fitting in the 8" hole? And running out of time for a proper hole to bury her in?
Exactly. It likely took far more effort (and risk) to bury her in a shallow grave, as opposed to putting her in those tanks.

The opening size would explain that.

Imo I’m uncertain as well so I like to hear theories . I was wondering if they were apart from the mother because he did not want them with her for some reason.

IMO and with all due respect, he likely buried them apart from the mother because his plan was to cram SW into the crude oil vats too. But that would mean he'd need to use the bigger opening with a lot more bolts, so he stashed her body temporarily in a shallow grave for animals to eat, figuring out he'd have enough time to dispose of her corpse alongside baby Niko, the unborn son he murdered, into a more permanent grave. His plan was messed up by NUA because she alerted LE before CW could finish with his sloppy, DESPICABLE plan. MOO!

Last edited:
To be honest I would advise even an innocent person to ask for a lawyer before being questioned.
I have to 100% agree.

Because on the First 48. Some people actually talked their way into heavy charges but I seen their situation as actually being misconstrued via the information I seen on the show.

So its always best to ask for a lawyer first.

Imo I’m uncertain as well so I like to hear theories . I was wondering if they were apart from the mother because he did not want them with her for some reason.
What's your theory on this? What reason do you think he would not want Bella and CeCe with Shanann? Or with each other for that matter. I like to hear theories too.

It seems to me a man whose wife was barely 4 months pregnant, with a baby HE supposedly encouraged her to have, wouldnt have repeatedly been asking for a separation(nor have gotten her preg to begin with). It is an extremely disgusting thing to abandon the pregnant mother of your very young children. I think appearances, and what others think of him is VERY important to him. I wonder if he asked for a separation, before that fateful nite, perhaps even suggesting an abortion...? And what if she decided to leave him;maybe its one of the reasons why Bella was gonna go to a different school. Because maybe she was moving out and taking the kids to stay with a friend/alternate living arrangements, where the new school was closer. NA knows a whole lot more than what we know and perhaps thats why she was quick to be suspicious and concerned. Ill bet SW and CW were perhaps arguing and discussing things by text both while she was in NC and AZ. Maybe she told him her plans and it enraged him that she was gonna both go thru with the pregnancy AND leave HIM. Perhaps he wanted to cause a miscarriage that nite in some way and it spiraled out of control. These theories sounded much more coherent in my head so i apologize if they sound lame, lol. Ive read and followed about 95% of these threads and im forever behind.
MOO

So true. Very telling imo.

Yup, CW is cold and callous. IMO, death rituals are primeval.

Animals perform them - elephants mourn and bury their dead by covering with leaves. Its been documented that ravens will stay with a dead partner and mourn them too.

When our beloved pets have died, Mr. Mouse and I have buried them next to their friends who have passed before -- because in some instinctive/primitive way, I'm hoping they will be companions in the after-life, even though I am not religious and consider myself agnostic. In my grief I was afraid that my recently deceased pet would be cold, hungry, scared, lost -- even though rationally I knew they were dead and could not feel those things.

Death and burial is solemn and important, for humans and certain animal species.

The fact CW disposed of his children's bodies in such a hideous, thoughtless way makes me ill. He discarded their lifeless little bodies as though they were garbage and his only thought was to cover his OWN rotten hide.

It seems to me a man whose wife was barely 4 months pregnant, with a baby HE supposedly encouraged her to have, wouldnt have repeatedly been asking for a separation(nor have gotten her preg to begin with). It is an extremely disgusting thing to abandon the pregnant mother of your very young children. I think appearances, and what others think of him is VERY important to him. I wonder if he asked for a separation, before that fateful nite, perhaps even suggesting an abortion...? And what if she decided to leave him;maybe its one of the reasons why Bella was gonna go to a different school. Because maybe she was moving out and taking the kids to stay with a friend/alternate living arrangements, where the new school was closer. NA knows a whole lot more than what we know and perhaps thats why she was quick to be suspicious and concerned. Ill bet SW and CW were perhaps arguing and discussing things by text both while she was in NC and AZ. Maybe she told him her plans and it enraged him that she was gonna both go thru with the pregnancy AND leave HIM. Perhaps he wanted to cause a miscarriage that nite in some way and it spiraled out of control. These theories sounded much more coherent in my head so i apologize if they sound lame, lol. Ive read and followed about 95% of these threads and im forever behind.
MOO
All of that is just as valid as any other theories we ponder here. I always wonder if the AP just didn't know about the pregnancy and CW was between a rock and a hard place trying to placate her, and his supposed love of his own family. Which pushed him towards the edge. IE his own decisions.

Yup, CW is cold and callous. IMO, death rituals are primeval.

Animals perform them - elephants mourn and bury their dead by covering with leaves. Its been documented that ravens will stay with a dead partner and mourn them too.

When our beloved pets have died, DH and I have buried them next to their friends who have passed before -- because in some instinctive/primitive way, I'm hoping they will be companions in the after-life, even though I am not religious and consider myself agnostic. In my grief I was afraid that my recently deceased pet would be cold, hungry, scared, lost -- even though rationally I knew they were dead and could not feel those things.

Death and burial is solemn and important, for humans and certain animal species.

The fact CW disposed of his children's bodies in such a hideous, thoughtless way makes me ill. He discarded their lifeless little bodies as though they were garbage and his only thought was to cover his OWN rotten hide.
Yes sadly. Well said.

I wonder why he put each child in a separate container. It was a lot of extra work. Or for that matter, put them in the oil tanks at all. He dumped SW's body, why not just leave the kids there as well?

I don't think that he planned out the disposal very well. Seems disorganized to me. I think that he fantasized about killing his family, and something set him off, who knows what...and the reality of the actual follow through was extremely sloppy, and rather frantic.

I still think he planned on burying them all together but it was taking too long to dig the hole because of the soil conditions. The hole he dug must have been very shallow if the fitted sheet had become visible within 4(?) days. Did he get to the location around 6am? How far is it from his work site and did he have to be there by a certain time. If so, he probably didn’t want to be late because that could look suspicious and he sure didn’t want that. Maybe he was running out of time and while he was frantically digging and not making much progress and feeling desperate he suddenly came up with the idea of using the oil tanks. I don’t know why 2 different tanks. I think the murders were premeditated and he was determined he wasn’t going to be caught. It’s the only explanation I can think of for doing such a despicable thing to his own daughters. IMO

Last edited:
Respectfully, nondisclosure of the autopsy reports is not limited to impacting future jurors, but also to prevent tainting witnesses that have not yet been interviewed, and protecting the defendant's rights to a fair trial. In the Watts case, the defense may very well agree with the prosecution's motion to seal the reports from the public until trial. Only time will tell as both the prosecution and defense wait for the autopsy reports.

Agreed. I have just been saying I’ve never seen them argue re: tainting the jury before...

We will find out soon enough :)

Per the affidavit, the Detective was requested to the home on Monday by Officer Coonrod and they both observed "the bed in the master bedroom had been stripped of its bedding, which was lying on the floor" and that prior to his confession (on Wednesday), the drone search spotted a sheet that matched the top sheet and several pillow cases that were found in the kitchen trash "early that day."

That would lead me to believe that the sheet and pillow cases were found in the garbage earlier that day, on Wednesday.
these are the loose ends he still had to clean up when he was unexpectantly disturbed.

no doubt he would have put sheets on the bed and remade it.

so so so good!!!!!

It came from an Ashley Banfield expert who said that was the diameter. Which was very upsetting to hear but I'm cautious about HLN or any media "experts" because they've been wrong before. Unless he's examined the tanks himself, how does he know for sure.

How do you know, BTW, the diameter? I heard these were CERVI something tanks? I'm not clear. I keep hearing different things.

When they first showed the location of the tanks, I did a little research and found diagrams of similar sized crude oil tanks outlining the features and measurements. I don’t know for sure if the tanks were exactly the same size, but the manhole measurements were 18”-21”.

When they first showed the location of the tanks, I did a little research and found diagrams of similar sized crude oil tanks outlining the features and measurements. I don’t know for sure if the tanks were exactly the same size, but the manhole measurements were 18”-21”.
From the AB interview of the expert (which I don't know if is true, but anyone can look up the model, assuming the tanks weren't modified by the CO oil co.)
"WILLIAMS: Yes. So, yes, these are very standard designs. So looking at the tanks, this is the old design standard. So it has the 8-inch port on top which is really just to take a measurement of the tank level. So you really don`t look too hard down that hole. It`s not much you can see. And then on the bottom it`s a standard design. You have 64-bolt 2 foot by 3 foot rectangular port on the bottom, but your tank has to be completely drained out to be able to take that off otherwise you`ll leak oil all over the place."
Also he specifies "WILLIAMS: API 12 f, API 12 f tank."

OOPS wrong link. This should work: CNN.com - Transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members