Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is a big difference between confessing to acts and finally admitting to what LE presented to him that they knew, and evidence they had found. He had painted himself into a corner by then and there was no choice but to acknowledge what they charged him with. It was just time to change stories again...
As more evidence comes through, more stories will be created, by CW, to 'fit in'.
We have seen this from the beginning, in 'play date' to NUA, and continues from then on, and on.....
Nothing will be believed, it will be the evidence that nails this jerk, not his pathetic stories.

I still believe the original reports of his admitting he killed all of them was what he actually said, and the only mistake was that it was reported by LE and a family member before the actual confession was signed or the final affidavit was written. And before he changed his story after speaking to his father. Jmo

I don't because I think for sure thy would've been in the probable cuase affidavit. No way would that be left out. It's their strongest evidence of probable cause for an arrest, and charges.

Do not sleuth the alleged girlfriend of CW or any affair partners he may have had. We do not have any evidence that anyone but CW is responsible for the murders. Please don't drag other people into the discussion at this time.

He did not confess to killing the children and then change is story to state he only killed his wife.
I don't think we know that, he could have said that to someone else than LE, and changed it later when he found out that it would suit him better, legally, to only have killed her because she was killing the kids.

Last edited:
Well I think the 8" diameter turns out to be about 25" circumference more or less so we're talking about the same measurement, whether or not it turns out to be correct. Seems believable to me (via his report and via the photos posted) that in this model of tank there is a small thief hole at the top, and the larger manway you referred to at the bottom. Also he had the model of the tank for anyone to look up.
Exactly. I’m inclined to believe this guy, due to his experience, and the fact that he had the model number of the tanks.

An 8” diameter equates to just over 25” around. We know that fitting a small child into a space of that size, is doable. Possibly requiring some effort, but completely possible none the less.

We’ll learn more as this case progresses, likely at trial. We can say for certain that he put the kids in the tanks, due to his admission, and the fact that the kids were found in them.

He had limited time, so he would have done it the easiest way posssible.

I want to say, "Oh don't give te defense any ideas." But he's wedded to whatever he said in the interrogation which was undoubtedly recorded.

Absolutely. And either way, it still wouldn't matter if he said SW locked the door on him, considering his behavior afterward of not asking for help/calling 911, and of concealing the bodies. No matter what he said, he's still toast, IMO. Jmo

Exactly. I’m inclined to believe this guy, due to his experience, and the fact that he had the model number of the tanks.

An 8” diameter equates to just over 25” around. We know that fitting a small child into a space of that size, is doable. Possibly requiring some effort, but completely possible none the less.

We’ll learn more as this case progresses, likely at trial. We can say for certain that he put the kids in the tanks, due to his admission, and the fact that the kids were found in them.

He had limited time, so he would have done it the easiest way posssible.

What if he tightly rolled each child up in a sheet or plastic bag? Would that work to get a body through the hole? I don't think we know if the children were bound or wrapped in anything, do we? We're just assuming they were free floating in the oil.

I wonder why he put each child in a separate container. It was a lot of extra work. Or for that matter, put them in the oil tanks at all. He dumped SW's body, why not just leave the kids there as well?

I don't think that he planned out the disposal very well. Seems disorganized to me. I think that he fantasized about killing his family, and something set him off, who knows what...and the reality of the actual follow through was extremely sloppy, and rather frantic.

It came from an Ashley Banfield expert who said that was the diameter. Which was very upsetting to hear but I'm cautious about HLN or any media "experts" because they've been wrong before. Unless he's examined the tanks himself, how does he know for sure.

How do you know, BTW, the diameter? I heard these were CERVI something tanks? I'm not clear. I keep hearing different things.
I saw two different sources, but they might have been referring to the same person, who was familiar with the type of tanks. But I would also like some verification. Were there any other news sources besides CNN? Aren't they usually pretty accurute? Maybe we shouldn't answer that question, on second thought. But I still would like to see clarification.

Sensationalized TV programs that interview “experts” for their opinions based on conjecture.

This is inaccurate. CW’s story did not change.

It most certainly did change. "I have no inclination where my family is.", "She had a play date with a vague person who I can't name." And "I last saw her in bed and the girls sleeping on the monitor when I left for work at 5:27 am" is far different from:

"My wife strangled my kids. So then I strangled her, loaded up the bodies and disposed of them."

His story indeed changed.

I don't because I think for sure thy would've been in the probable cuase affidavit. No way would that be left out. It's their strongest evidence of probable cause for an arrest, and charges.

So I understand, could CW have refused to make any statements until after he had counsel and had his attorney present?

I'm totally ignorant about how this kind of thing works, fortunately!

Does any lawyers know what the process is for a name brand lawyer like Baez to try this case in Denver?

Do they have to get certified in each state prior to representing someone in that state?

Or do they just come in as a 2nd chair lawyer or something?

You would have to pass the Bar Exam in the state in which you were to practice.

I wonder why he put each child in a separate container. It was a lot of extra work. Or for that matter, put them in the oil tanks at all. He dumped SW's body, why not just leave the kids there as well?

I don't think that he planned out the disposal very well. Seems disorganized to me. I think that he fantasized about killing his family, and something set him off, who knows what...and the reality of the actual follow through was extremely sloppy, and rather frantic.
It was stated that he put them in the oil barrels to cover up the smell. I would also assume he thought it was a pretty good place to hide them. Jmo

What if he tightly rolled each child up in a sheet or plastic bag? Would that work to get a body through the hole? I don't think we know if the children were bound or wrapped in anything, do we? We're just assuming they were free floating in the oil.
It’s certainly possible, and we do not know where the bag or bags were found, other than they were at the dump site.

My guess is that had he rolled the kids in trash bags, they would have torn from the friction of sliding them through the hole.

My thinking is that because this whole thing seemed sloppy and rushed, he hadn’t thought that far ahead.

But as you say, we don’t know if the kids were “free floating” or bound/covered, so anything is possible I suppose.

Possible. IMO, any extra steps taken in disposal of these bodies all points to an eerily rational and cool headed person during this time...further pointing the finger at him as sole murderer. Sure doesn't sound like a man who just had his entire life unwittingly and unexpectedly ripped out of his life just an hour beforehand, IMO... Not to mention the "passionate rage" killing he just experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname