Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different models of oil tanks in different oil fields. They’re not all the same. AB’s Professor guest said the field that C.W. chose to dispose of his family has the “Standard API12F tank design” oil tanks, and that particular model has an 8” opening on the top. Whether he’s right or not is another story.
BBM
Sigh... so much confusion.

It's quite confounding because anyone could see that earth had been dug up there. Even if he managed to move her later. And it would take a while to do. Why not just dump her on the side of the road somewhere in a ditch?
Yes, dug up earth would remain obvious after moving her and likely would leave scents for dogs...I don’t understand how he thought work was a good place unless he could get them all in tanks And using a truck with gps if he did not disable it.

Last edited:
lol - the red mark on his neck did look like a hickey.

If it was, can you imagine thinking about being intimate with him?
A creepy old man kissed me in the lips. I live where they air kiss in each cheek, But he snuck a kiss. I was sick about it for months. I did not like the guy in the first place. Dirty old man.

The thought of cuddling with CW. Horror show

I strongly believe that they would have been found in due course.

I think that LE would have been on to him right away, and would have followed his phone data, GPS, video evidence, and things I’m not even thinking of, right to those tanks.

I agree with you. I think at some point in the past, he looked at those tanks and the seed was planted.

I agree that LE would have been on to him right away. LE is always going to look very hard the husband, but also, his behavior during his media interviews was very squirrely and I imagine he was acting even more strange when LE was asking him tough questions and catching him in lies.

Control IMO. He thought he had a handle on the situation even though her plane was late. Get to work on time, act normal, and he would know if anyone was anywhere near the temp burial site. A ditch is too much of a wild card. I don't think he considered anyone noticing the earth had been disturbed anytime soon.

Then after work in the dark he could go back and gather up his dead pregnant wife, the sheet, bag, collect her things from home. Garbage day was Tuesday, so 24 hours later a ton of evidence could have been in a landfill. Then he could prepare to start telling people that she deserted him and took the girls.

I shudder to think of what his plan was to do with Shanann after work, if Nickole hadn't sounded the alarm. Especially if he was determined to fit her in an oil tank, too.
I think there are oil wells all over the Denver area, some producing more oil than others. And those that do produce more oil, require more maintenance. CW’s chosen oil field only produced 200 gallons per month, and I think that means it was left untended to for long periods of time. I think C.W. knew this, and for that reason chose this location. I think he thought he was going to get away with it.

I agree that LE would have been on to him right away. LE is always going to look very hard the husband, but also, his behavior during his media interviews was very squirrely and I imagine he was acting even more strange when LE was asking him tough questions and catching him in lies.
Absolutely. And take away the media interviews, and you still have an inexplicable scenario, one that only points to a single suspect. CW.

A mother and her two kids disappear after an “emotional conversation.”

Her purse, phone, car, everything, is left behind.

They would have put it all together, with or without him.

Which reminds me, a poster had asked last night at what point would rigor mortis wear off and I'm thinking if he had killed the girls before she arrived home, it would have to have been pretty early that evening for the bodies to be in such a way that he could manipulate them so they would easily go into the opening. But this would also be true if he killed them around four, when he claims she strangled them.

Knight’s Forensic Pathology

"The flaccid period immediately after death is variable, but commonly extends to between 3 and 6 hours before stiffening is first detected, depending on environmental temperature and other factors. Rigor is first apparent in the smaller muscle groups, not because it begins there, but because the smaller joints, such as the jaw, are more easily immobilized. The sequence of spread of rigor is also variable but tends to affect the jaw, facial muscles and neck before being obvious in the wrists and ankles, then the knees, elbows and hips."

I strongly believe that they would have been found in due course.

I think that LE would have been on to him right away, and would have followed his phone data, GPS, video evidence, and things I’m not even thinking of, right to those tanks.

I agree with you. I think at some point in the past, he looked at those tanks and the seed was planted.

Indeed, MassGuy, LE likely does have evidence pointing to the tanks, was just saying hypothetically if here wasn’t this information/evidence for sure, these are a location searchers could or would have never have found them on their own.

And snow would be coming...

So grateful they have been found. I doubt he would have voluntarily given up this location unless they had evidence to pin him to it.

Recently in Chicago a presumed dead victim on the street sidewalk had a sheet placed over him by the emt and police while they tried to help other alive victims.

30 minutes to 40 minutes later the dead guy started moving because he wasn't dead. They rushed him to the hospital where he then died from his injuries I think.

So my point is. I wonder if the last child had oil in her lungs because she was still unknowingly alive and the prosecution doesn't want that information out. Idk

There was a case in the UK where a man was strangled, the attacker put him in a shallow, not-covered grave and left him there. I think it was hours later when a passer-by heard some odd sounds coming from over a fence and went to investigate (he might have walked by the first time and investigated an hour or so later on his way back) and he found the victim and called LE and an ambulance. The victim was still alive. Sadly he died about two days later in hospital, hopefully with a relative or at least a nurse holding his hand as he passed.

So, yes, an attacker can walk away thinking that the victim is dead, and in reality there might still be life there. CW really should have called 911, and I really wonder what could have been going through his head to convince him to hide the bodies instead of calling for help.

It's quite confounding because anyone could see that earth had been dug up there. Even if he managed to move her later. And it would take a while to do. Why not just dump her on the side of the road somewhere in a ditch?
Probably silly reply coming up, could CW have seen squirrel holes/mounds and thought SW's burial site might be mistaken for one, no one would look?
A long shot of course, he didn't figure anyone would be checking up after him and the drone picking up the sheet and the recent movement of dirt, his fate was sealed.

If it was, can you imagine thinking about being intimate with him?
A creepy old man kissed me in the lips. I live where they air kiss in each cheek, But he snuck a kiss. I was sick about it for months. I did not like the guy in the first place. Dirty old man.

The thought of cuddling with CW. Horror show

When you say he kissed you "in" the lips, I hope at least it was on the outside of your mouth! Imagine the kind of ego that old man must have to think you would even be interested or that you would possibly enjoy that! He probably didn't even care - he just got some kind of kick out of doing that. Yuck!

If that was a hickey on CW's neck, I don't think it would have escaped SW's notice when she came home that night. IMO.

I think there are oil wells all over the Denver area, some producing more oil than others. And those that do produce more oil, require more maintenance. CW’s chosen oil field only produced 200 gallons per month, and I think that means it was left untended to for long periods of time. I think C.W. knew this, and for that reason chose this location. I think he thought he was going to get away with it.
I missed the info showing the 200 gallons per month on his chosen oil field and it being unattended for long periods of time. Is there a link to this?

Sorry if I'm behind.

I believe this too.

I have no idea either. In the John Sharpe family murders, he buried his wife in a shallow grave, came back a couple of days later, retrieved the body, dismembered it, and dumped at the refuse station.

So weird. Eerily similar family dynamics in that case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz