Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that ladder shown at the end?

Gosh I didn't see that the first time around. I stopped before the end. Uh...that's clearly big enough for a man to go down.

I really wish we had the answer to this. The photo you posted showed a super small hole. I can't imagine anyone even thinking they could fit a child's body through there.

My feeling is it had to have been bigger than that.

We are getting so many different answers.

I believe, but correct me if I am wrong, it was surmised that the twitter post about the Steelers was made the night before when she would have been flying....around 10 or 11 pm or so.

Now that you mention it, that rings a little bell with me. When you say the night before though, it would still be the same night but before midnight. The babies were murdered between the 12th and 13th. I still think they were deceased before she arrived home at approx. 2 a.m.

I just had a gruesome thought. The neighbor's camera captured him loading a gas can into his truck. Could he have also owned gasoline powered saw? The shallow grave was not meant to be a grave but was to hide blood?

Very interesting! My initial thought was that he may have planned to start a fire or cause an explosion because he loaded the gas can into his truck. It will be interesting to find out if there was a power saw in his truck.

I'm thinking GPS and/or where he was supposed to be.

Those company trucks are hard wired with GPS, tracking devices, often speed and even gas meter, that you can log into a computer program and see in real time, exactly where that truck is, where it has been, with time and date stamp.

The data is all there. Logged.

True. Then maybe he dug a quick grave for Shanann and Nico and figured he'd deal with it all after work.

Til NUA thankfully showed up. Thank goodness she did.

It's quite confounding because anyone could see that earth had been dug up there. Even if he managed to move her later. And it would take a while to do. Why not just dump her on the side of the road somewhere in a ditch?

Did you see him doing pushups and the exercise with the kids? And he ran five niles a day. He was in great shape.

I think carrying her would be easy for him.
Plus the physical power of adrenaline. I’ve experienced it myself...it’s incredible.

(I was able to lift, carry and move multiple very very heavy logs for an extended period of time.)

Last edited:
Very interesting! My initial thought was that he may have planned to start a fire or cause an explosion because he loaded the gas can into his truck. It will be interesting to find out if there was a power saw in his truck.
That gruesome method explains the gas can. I wonder if he actually planned to dump all his family into oil so they are never found. He just ran out of time. Maybe he had a plan to come back and finished the job.

ETA: We actually don't really know what condition Shanann's body was in when LE found her.

Last edited:
It's quite confounding because anyone could see that earth had been dug up there. Even if he managed to move her later. And it would take a while to do. Why not just dump her on the side of the road somewhere in a ditch?

imo... because he was there.... and he thought he would have time to come back. On his way home.

He did make a point of showing up to work on time.

I think he underestimated the power of the friendships Shanann had formed.

And then NUA blew his plan. Her friends showed up.
And whatever she did or did not tell them... They believed her. What they saw in retrospect or see today... they believe her. And so do I.

Gosh I didn't see that the first time around. I stopped before the end. Uh...that's clearly big enough for a man to go down.

I really wish we had the answer to this. The photo you posted showed a super small hole. I can't imagine anyone even thinking they could fit a child's body through there.

My feeling is it had to have been bigger than that.

We are getting so many different answers.
There are different models of oil tanks in different oil fields. They’re not all the same. AB’s Professor guest said the field that C.W. chose to dispose of his family has the “Standard API12F tank design” oil tanks, and that particular model has an 8” opening on the top. Whether he’s right or not is another story.

Control IMO. He thought he had a handle on the situation even though her plane was late. Get to work on time, act normal, and he would know if anyone was anywhere near the temp burial site. A ditch is too much of a wild card. I don't think he considered anyone noticing the earth had been disturbed anytime soon.

Then after work in the dark he could go back and gather up his dead pregnant wife, the sheet, bag, collect her things from home. Garbage day was Tuesday, so 24 hours later a ton of evidence could have been in a landfill. Then he could prepare to start telling people that she deserted him and took the girls.

I shudder to think of what his plan was to do with Shanann after work, if Nickole hadn't sounded the alarm. Especially if he was determined to fit her in an oil tank, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg