Welcome To Websleuths # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problems with staying logged in on worse. After following Suglo’s directions above, now I am kicked off just by scrolling down the page. I signed in a zillion times yesterday, at least it felt like that!

No blames to Suglo, just not solving ny problem.

Now today, in the last hour, it has been at least 4-5 times.
Any suggestions? I am on an iPad Air.
I’ve been kicked off the page about 20 times today and it’s been happening for a week now. I don’t think the forum is working correctly. I don’t have to log in each time. Somehow it remembers me but it is a pain because it normally happens when I’m writing a reply. Sorry you’re having issues also. :(

Help I don't know where else to ask this ... My Shanann Watts thread ended a couple of days ago at 30, with a link to #31 which gives me an error message. Is there a newer thread? I have the hardest time finding them. The other one was the Botham Jean ... It was (rightly) shut down but I can't figure out if there is another one that had been opened

There was another thread started for Botham after Guyger was fired.

TX - Dallas Police wrongful death of Botham Shem Jean, Guyger FIRED! #4

My problems with staying logged in on worse. After following Suglo’s directions above, now I am kicked off just by scrolling down the page. I signed in a zillion times yesterday, at least it felt like that!

No blames to Suglo, just not solving ny problem.

Now today, in the last hour, it has been at least 4-5 times.
Any suggestions? I am on an iPad Air.
Have you checked your settings in Safari? Do you use Safari to browse or another app? These are the settings on my safari. Maybe check to see if you have them the same way. The second image is the page that opens when you go down all the way in the safari tab under settings and hit advanced. Make sure you have the java script on.

Attachments

• CFBD48B7-55CC-4DCE-89BE-3F6E53D4863D.png
    CFBD48B7-55CC-4DCE-89BE-3F6E53D4863D.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 0D50F59C-916F-4FF7-BC6A-690769A4C5BB.png
    0D50F59C-916F-4FF7-BC6A-690769A4C5BB.png
    101 KB · Views: 7
I’ve been kicked off the page about 20 times today and it’s been happening for a week now. I don’t think the forum is working correctly. I don’t have to log in each time. Somehow it remembers me but it is a pain because it normally happens when I’m writing a reply. Sorry you’re having issues also. :(
Hi Suglo.
Are you using an Apple product by chance?
I know a few people have been having this problem but it is not a common problem by a long shot.

That is so annoying though I know.

I'll ask Dave and see what he says.

Thanks,
Tricia

I WOULD LIKE TO PUBLICLY STATE THAT LILBET DID NOT RECEIVE A 4 POINT TIME OUT, DID NOT KNOW SHE/HE HAD ANY POINTS AND THE TIMEOUT LILBET RECEIVED WAS NOT HER/HIS FAULT. IT WAS MINE 100 PERCENT. LILBET DID NOTHING WRONG AND HAS NOT VIOLATED TERMS OF SERVICE. IT IS ALL ON ME. MY APOLOGIES.
TRICIA

PS. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY WARNING POINTS YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND A MESSAGE TO A MODERATOR. THAT IS HOW THE SYSTEM IS SET UP AND WE CAN'T CHANGE IT. IF YOU ASK A MOD DO NOT EXPECT A TIMELY ANSWER AS MAKING SURE THERE ARE NO PROBLEM AREAS ON THE FORUM IS A MODERATORS FIRST PRIORITY. YOU WILL ALWAYS GET AN ALERT/MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN POINTS. THAT IS THE BEST WE CAN DO.

@Lilibet ..... we always knew she was a good gal!! :) Nice of you to make such a public apology, Tricia.

1&2&3, when that happens to me on my iPad, I need to clear history/cookies, and if that doesn't stop it, repeat and then restart (hold home & power until you see the Apple logo). You've probably already tried this, tho :oops:

Hi Suglo.
Are you using an Apple product by chance?
I know a few people have been having this problem but it is not a common problem by a long shot.

That is so annoying though I know.

I'll ask Dave and see what he says.

Thanks,
Tricia
Yes I am! Now that you mention it, this started up after the latest IOS update. Not sure if Dave can do anything or we just have to wait for Apple to update again. I noticed it happened on another website also so it’s not just WS this time. Thanks for looking into it though! I appreciate it.

Yes I am! Now that you mention it, this started up after the latest IOS update. Not sure if Dave can do anything or we just have to wait for Apple to update again. I noticed it happened on another website also so it’s not just WS this time. Thanks for looking into it though! I appreciate it.

Which IOS update, @Suglo? My iPhone and iPad both want me to update to IOS 12. I haven’t been having problems on IOS 11.4.1.

Which IOS update, @Suglo? My iPhone and iPad both want me to update to IOS 12. I haven’t been having problems on IOS 11.4.1.
IOS 12. I would wait until they come out with 12.01 or 12.1 if I were you. I didn’t upgrade my iPad and that doesn’t have issues. (It’s still at IOS 11.4.1 like yours).

IOS 12. I would wait until they come out with 12.01 or 12.1 if I were you. I didn’t upgrade my iPad and that doesn’t have issues. (It’s still at IOS 11.4.1 like yours).

Thanks so much! I will wait. It shouldn’t take long for the “bug fixes” to arrive.

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been in a "chat room" on this website.

What is the IRC we connect with and do we use our Websleuths' usernames and passwords on it?

Thanks in advance!

Zencompass

Has any member listed on this threat been following, or generally familiar with the unsolved murders of two 17 year old teenage girls, high school seniors found murdered execution style in trunk of vehicle August 01, 1999 in Ozark, Alabama?

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been in a "chat room" on this website.

What is the IRC we connect with and do we use our Websleuths' usernames and passwords on it?

Thanks in advance!

Zencompass
@zencompass

Hello! I don't know what made me visit this particular thread but I am really glad I did lol. I only just mentioned the need for a "Chat room" in another thread a couple of days ago, so naturally, I'm going to hang about to find out the answers to your questions! :D Thanks for making enquiries! :D

We have a "chat room"? And just what makes that different than a thread, please?
Hi there. The difference is, that when in a chat room, members can discuss anything, in "real time". In a thread, it is called "Off Topic" if you discuss anything other than what the thread is about. Sometimes, members are warned about going off topic, in the worst case scenerio, temporarily bans can be issued or threads are closed. A "chat room" will be a place for members to take a break from the threads and meet others for a friendly chat. Hope this helps! :D

There are two items that I very much Miss that were on the old server. That were not carried over to This Server.

1) I really liked as I was browsing through the threads, to see who are new members and to be able to understand where they were coming from because they were new.

No longer are we able to see that. Especially when people hide their profiles, there is no way to see it at all, and some new members do that (which I had never seen before).

I have also seen new members power post to look as an older member when they are less than 24 hours old. And I think sometimes there's a reason they do that but that's something that I probably should not discuss.

#2) for many cases, I have always found it helpful and noticed how many/which people were members and how many people online were guests following a trial. Or a case. No longer can we see that. I wish we had that feature back very very very much.

There are many reasons, one of which is if a trial is starting, you want to do a shout out to folks you know who have been following it previously who may not realize that it is started and they are not following it and just being silent. We did that with the Oscar Pistorius trial and others. Even when there was a jury vote verdict, we could see people who weren't there and we would specifically go find them. But those are just two examples that are specific and I'm doing it in more general terms as to a question.

Bottom line this is a question for the moderators and or Tricia, Is there a reason we do not have that anymore, or is it something you can turn on?

Last edited:
There are two items that I very much Miss that were on the old server. That were not carried over to This Server.

1) I really liked as I was browsing through the threads, to see who are new members and to be able to understand where they were coming from because they were new.

No longer are we able to see that. Especially when people hide their profiles, there is no way to see it at all, and some new members do that (which I had never seen before).

I have also seen new members power post to look as an older member when they are less than 24 hours old. And I think sometimes there's a reason they do that but that's something that I probably should not discuss.

#2) for many cases, I have always found it helpful and noticed how many/which people were members and how many people online were guests following a trial. Or a case. No longer can we see that. I wish we had that feature back very very very much.

There are many reasons, one of which is if a trial is starting, you want to do a shout out to folks you know who have been following it previously who may not realize that it is started and they are not following it and just being silent. We did that with the Oscar Pistorius trial and others. Even when there was a jury vote verdict, we could see people who weren't there and we would specifically go find them. But those are just two examples that are specific and I'm doing it in more general terms as to a question.

Bottom line this is a question for the moderators and or Tricia, Is there a reason we do not have that anymore, or is it something you can turn on?

When you click someone’s username, it should say “member since” and the date they signed up, even if their profile is private.

Has any member listed on this threat been following, or generally familiar with the unsolved murders of two 17 year old teenage girls, high school seniors found murdered execution style in trunk of vehicle August 01, 1999 in Ozark, Alabama?

Yes I’ve been following.

Thank you dixigirl1035,

You raise excellent questions. I will pass your post along to Dave and he will either post here or send me the answers and I will post them on this thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get