AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an area where people typically lock their doors at night?
Growing up there, not really, but that might have changed.. My former classmates have laughed at me when I've gone home to visit for being as vigilant as I was (hiding purse, locking doors, etc. Etc) but I moved to a city where I needed to be and it is second nature now.

Growing up there, not really, but that might have changed.. My former classmates have laughed at me when I've gone home to visit for being as vigilant as I was (hiding purse, locking doors, etc. Etc) but I moved to a city where I needed to be and it is second nature now.

I’m the same way, I moved to the Twin Cities after I graduated from my tiny town (graduating class was just a little bit bigger than yours) and I lock everything, even though I now live back in a small town in Northwestern Wisconsin.

Article has been updated with more details:

The sheriff's department says it received a 911 call overnight with one word standing out, "help."

Neighbor JS said she woke to shots close to 1 a.m. on Monday.

JS recalled, “When I heard the first shot it was, "boom!" Then second, “boom!" even bigger, louder.”

JS said in her experience the family mostly kept to themselves but it is still hard to believe such a tragedy could happen so close.

“It's a mother and a father and it's this close to you,” added JS. “It gives you goosebumps and it just makes you sad that this happens.”

Deputies say when they received the call no one on the phone interacted with dispatchers and while yelling was heard Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said it was hard to decipher.

“We could get "help" out of it, we could hearing yelling out of it but not much information,” Fitzgerald explained.

The department says it is now working to get the audio enhanced.
UPDATE: Adults found dead in Barron Co. were parents of missing 13-year-old girl

I wonder if whatever happened was supposed to do down in a different way but the fact that the 911 call was placed caused the plans to change quickly?

I wonder if whatever happened was supposed to do down in a different way but the fact that the 911 call was placed caused the plans to change quickly?
I think the perpetrator's intent was to take Jayme. We don't know if anything was taken from the home, but there were three vehicles left outside. It doesn't feel like a robbery gone bad or something similar. I think the perpetrator was there for Jayme, he was armed and he was caught in the act. Jayme may have gotten off a 911 call but was afraid to speak. Otherwise, one of the parents may have called, although unable to speak. That's just my impression at this point, but it's very early. Likely to change. MOO

I don’t think anyone is victim blaming. Only throwing out different scenarios of what could have happened.
I believe the well known member was giving everyone a gentle reminder that this thread could be taken down for speculation on victims and suggestions of victim blaming. I'm going to heed the warning. I want this thread to stay!

Via every MSM: “He said Jayme is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.”

The focus should be on finding Jayme. She is not considered a suspect and an Amber alert stating she has been taken has been issued. It is likely the police know more than said publicly in order for these statements to be made. <modsnip - references to posts which are removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the perpetrator's intent was to take Jayme. We don't know if anything was taken from the home, but there were three vehicles left outside. It doesn't feel like a robbery gone bad or something similar. I think the perpetrator was there for Jayme, he was armed and he was caught in the act. Jayme may have gotten off a 911 call but was afraid to speak. Otherwise, one of the parents may have called and been unable to speak. That's just my impression at this point, but it's very early. Likely to change. MOO

I agree. I think Jayme was abducted and her parents tried to intervene.

I think the perpetrator's intent was to take Jayme. We don't know if anything was taken from the home, but there were three vehicles left outside. It doesn't feel like a robbery gone bad or something similar. I think the perpetrator was there for Jayme, he was armed and he was caught in the act. Jayme may have gotten off a 911 call but was afraid to speak. Otherwise, one of the parents may have called, although unable to speak. That's just my impression at this point, but it's very early. Likely to change. MOO
This sounds plausible. Maybe Jayme liked him? Was a crush? At the last minute she changed her mind, so called 911, but couldn't talk because he might hear her? She had no choice but to go with him at that point.

OR - she didn't like him at all, didn't know him, etc. But hung up before he found her/where she was hiding, and took her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish