AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any other cases where an obsessive stalker first killed the parents of his target, and there sure would be easier ways to abduct a young girl without bringing her parents into the mix.

Yeah, agreed, child predators don't seem to want much to do with adults.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Although if the individual were an RSO out on parole who'd be violated back inside and facing a lengthy sentence if LE found out they were back up to their old tricks?

Maybe, in this hypothetical, if Jayme's parents sussed out that the individual was after their daughter, then taking out the parents and abducting their target maybe makes sense to them vs the parents diming them out to LE and going back to prison for a lengthy bit. But committing a double-homicide to facilitate an abduction doesn't fit with the general history of these predators. More likely they simply cut off all contact and move on to another target.

The fact that gun shots were heard just after 12:30AM, and the 911 call was made at 12:58 AM is very puzzling? This would suggest that the perpetrator(s) spent almost a half hour in the house after the murders.

Possibly searching for something?

I wish we had more information about the 911 call.

Crime statistics of Barron.
Sadly it only shows stats until 2016 (2002-2016, Zero Murders)
There were 42 registered sex offenders living in Barron Wisconsin as of October 17 2018

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Barron-Wisconsin.html

• The overall crime rate in Barron is 95% lower than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 0.41 daily crimes that occur in Barron.
  • Barron is safer than 92% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Barron you have a 1 in 661 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Barron has increased by 1%.
Barron, WI Crime Rates & Crime Map

The fact that gun shots were heard just after 12:30AM, and the 911 call was made at 12:58 AM is very puzzling? This would suggest that the perpetrator(s) spent almost a half hour in the house after the murders.

Exactly. It’s a mystery.

But I think them hanging around that long is unlikely, especially after just committing two murders in very loud fashion.

Perhaps one of the victims wasn’t dead, and managed to get off a phone call to 911.

Then again, that doesn’t explain the reported audio on the phone call.

You’re right. Puzzling.

Here’s what I think happened. Possibly a meth head was trying to rob the house and had cased it before. Kicks down door, shoots dad, ties mom up to chair and asks her about loot in the house. Meanwhile Jayme is in her room hiding, but terrified. She calls 911, phone is taken away by perp ( who finds her). Doesn’t have time as they already had killed both parents and realize police on way. Quickly grab Jayme ( possibly for sexual reasons). Unfortunately, I don’t think this will bear well for Jayme. They get away quick bec. it is a person in the community. Possibly someone with land/ barn etc. I
Hope this isn’t the scenario, but if it is, unlikely that she is alive.

I wouldn't put much stock in the time that the shots were heard. When people get woken up they have absolutely no concept of time. What would be interesting to know is if they started an officer for a shots fired call prior to getting the 911 hang up, that could help explain the 4 minute arrival time, an officer was already enroute to check the initial complaint.

I wouldn't put much stock in the time that the shots were heard. When people get woken up they have absolutely no concept of time. What would be interesting to know is if they started an officer for a shots fired call prior to getting the 911 hang up, that could help explain the 4 minute arrival time, an officer was already enroute to check the initial complaint.
That doesn’t seem to be the case. Had officers responded to a “shots fired” call, we would know about it.

But I definitely agree with your point about “concept of time.”

On HLN's "Crime & Justice" Wednesday night, Fitzgerald told host Ashleigh Banfield that deputies had recovered the cell phone from which the 911 call was made.
Fitzgerald said additional agencies, including the FBI, are involved. "They are the experts in breaking down 911 tapes, looking at our phones, and taking care of all evidence in that manner," he said.
Authorities said they have determined whose cell phone the call came from, but declined to identify the owner.
Investigators also believe Jayme was at home during the shooting based on details from the 911 call and evidence from the home.
I'm going thru our family pictures, worrying sick about you :( wishing we could trade places just to get you home and out of harms way," Seara Closs posted.
In her post, Seara reminded her cousin that her family -- including her slain parents -- love her dearly.
"Grandpa Jim (James) Closs, your Momma Bear, Denise Closs and your very own night [in] shinning armor, your Daddyo Jim JR Closs ... love all of you!" Seara Closs wrote.
Jayme Closs disappearance: Missing Wisconsin teen was home when her parents were shot and killed - CNN

So initial reports were that officers responded to the Closs house 4 minutes after the *end* of the 911 call, but articles that have come out within the last 12 hours say that officers arrived on the scene 4 minutes after the call *was placed.* If the shooter/shooters were only in the house for a few minutes, then they did not ransack the house for valuables. I think it's a given that they killed the father first; he's a bigger threat to the bad guy/gal compared to the women or maybe b/c he came to the door first after he heard the door being shot -?. Mom stayed in the back of the house (where she was found, correct?) while her husband checked out the commotion. Shooters entered, killed Dad, found Mom. Since we now know that Jayme was in the house, then maybe she hid but was eventually found and taken. I discount the idea that she ran outside and escaped once the shooter/s left, as, once she realized that the police had shown up at her house, she would have most likely gone back. All conjecture, I know, but we have to look at human behavior. If she fled during the attack, which I don't see as being likely, and managed to fully escape, then police would have located her by now.

There was a family function earlier in the day. Did something happen there that caused discord between the shooter/s and the Closs'? I'm sure that FBI/Sheriff have interviewed them.

Otherwise, why would someone do this. If house wasn't ransacked, then the idea of a meth addict going to the house in search of money doesn't make sense. And why would they take Jayme but kill her parents. It doesn't fit that an addict searching for $$ would think of kidnapping her after killing her folks.

As another poster mentioned, my guess is that one of the parents or Jayme called 911. But possibly they dropped the phone in an effort to protect one another during the melee. Think about it, if that happened to you. If I saw a family member being attacked and the phone was in my hand, I'd physically do what I could to protect them, with the phone being my last concern. As long as the call went through, I'd hope that the 911 operator could figure out what was happening through the audio.

My guess is that whomever did this was acquainted in some way with either all three of the family members or at least one, with that one being Jayme as she is the one who (it is presumed) to still be alive. Someone with a fixation on her.

To further this post by me, if someone is harboring them, what would be the relationship between Jayme and this person(s), along with the killer/abductor? This seems to me like it could become a stockholm syndrome situation as Jayme would need to go into survival mode. This is the first I've considered this.

Yes been thinking Stockholm for a couple days now....

Sometimes the case, but in this instance the neighbour immediately checked the time. She didn't say 12:30, she said 12:31, which leads me to believe this is a very precise account.

As another poster mentioned, my guess is that one of the parents or Jayme called 911. But possibly they dropped the phone in an effort to protect one another during the melee. Think about it, if that happened to you. If I saw a family member being attacked and the phone was in my hand, I'd physically do what I could to protect them, with the phone being my last concern. As long as the call went through, I'd hope that the 911 operator could figure out what was happening through the audio.

Not possible. The parents were dead for almost a half hour by the time the call was made. Logically I think its pretty safe to say that Jayme was the one that placed the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF