AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep assuming there were only two shots and that those were the killing shots. However, IF there's any truth to the door being shot out, those could have come from outside when they first entered and have been the only ones the neighbors heard. I think I would hear shots outside my neighbors' front door, but probably not any from inside their house if I am inside mine.

Bottom line is that we don't know for certain that there were only two shots, or that the killing shots happened at 12:31.

Perhaps other shots wouldnt be heard in a well insulated enclosed home. But from what we have heard iirc the home may have been breeched with the shattering of glass on the front door.

If that is the case her daddy could have been shot through door at that time killing him instantly. Nothing would be able to protect him from the high velocity bullet.

If that happened then sounds would no longer be confined within the home as it would be breeched and no longer fully enclosed.

And two shots were heard. I think the first may have been outside fatally striking her father and the other shot was heard from inside the home whe he came in killing her mother.

If the chair has relevance that was seen being brought out he could have quickly bound Jayme to that chair in order to control the situation. Later after casing the house out to make sure they were only 3 inside he may have untied her telling her to go pack clothes and if she didn't do as he demanded he would kill her too.

Jmo though.

I’m not saying they are linked , but do you all remember the Rhoden family that was lol murdered in the night , babies left alive ?
I just can’t shake the murder came in and killed both parents with 2 quick shots
And not laying in their bed .. ( lots of speculation )
Seems pretty precise ...
maybe they didn’t want to kill Jayme ... she walked in and saw them and they needed a new plan.
My mind is all Over the place ... with little known facts ... I wish the public had more to go on. I do understand why they play things close to the vest ....

Wisconsin girl missing 4 days: What we know about Jayme Closs' disappearance and her parents' death

Wisconsin girl missing 4 days: What we know about Jayme Closs' disappearance and her parents' death

USA TODAY on Twitter
Thank you for posting this, HayLouise
I didn’t realize how much time elapsed between LE arriving on scene & an Amber Alert being issued. 7 hrs had passed :(
I understand the situation, it’s just upsetting MOO
From the article:
When was Jayme reported missing?
The Barron County Sheriff's Department asked for the public's help finding Jayme around 8 a.m. Monday, but said because they didn't have much information, an Amber Alert couldn't immediately be issued. By 3:30 p.m., a nationwide Amber Alertwas sent out. She is described as 5-feet-tall, 100 pounds with blond or strawberry blond hair.

Do we know if the LE cars have cameras?
If the two gun shots woke up the neighbor at 12:31 do we think neighbor would have also been able to hear a car start and drive off?? Living in such a remote area I'm sure it's super quiet at night. Obviously JMO but I don't think I would have been completely asleep 20 minutes after hearing a gunshot "next door" (as "next door" as you get in this area) so I'd think I'd hear a car starting at the neighbors house. And don't they have a gravel driveway? Not quiet.

Very good find. This may provide a better timeline of that day's events.

They said that Mr Closs was working at the time of the party that day, so that means he had to be working 1st shift to be at the scene by the time the 911 call was placed and that JC went MIA. Not sure about management times though, as they could vary from the regular employment, if he was managing the factory/store.

The notice only mentions this is the shift for "shipping" department. I'm sure there are other departments, and they may have different shifts.

Having a flashback of Jessica Heeringa’s case. JW used a syringe to sedate her when he abducted her. It’s likely a gun would be all he needed though. Just saying bc the thought crossed my mind.

I’m afraid that the more time that goes by the more crazy ideas are going to start popping in my head.

Someone may have - to LE only. Not everything that is said is relayed to the public.
And since LE is keeping tight lipped about almost everything I would not be surprised if they had a very good timeline by now - they know he was at work - they haven't said what job though. I still wonder if he had a second job that wasn't the plant.

If the two gun shots woke up the neighbor at 12:31 do we think neighbor would have also been able to hear a car start and drive off?? Living in such a remote area I'm sure it's super quiet at night. Obviously JMO but I don't think I would have been completely asleep 20 minutes after hearing a gunshot "next door" (as "next door" as you get in this area) so I'd think I'd hear a car starting at the neighbors house. And don't they have a gravel driveway? Not quiet.
My closest neighbors are probably 600 feet away, house to house. In 5 years I've never heard a vehicle start up from their house unless it's a propane truck beeping as it backs up and I'm outside.

It could end by a disruption in cell service or another person in the house ending the call. And as many other people have said, we don’t know who made the call and from what cell phone.

If you are going to post things as facts you need to post links to support your arguments.
<modsnip: rude> The parents were dead, Jayme is the only person that would make the call, unless you believe it was the gunman?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ehh replying to my own post- after looking at the google maps again I don't know if a neighbor would hear a car start. So many trees between the two houses. Maybe if it were December, but there seems to be too much noise filtering trees and shrubbery between the houses to hear a car start. Still curious about the LE car cameras. 50/50 chance a cop passed Jayme if taken by a car and if left around the time of the 911 call, depending on which way perp left the driveway IMO

I was told here in Springfield that as soon as LE hit their sirens, their cameras start recrding. If they left the police station and was on their way there, and had sirens on, they may have passed the vehicle. That would be awesome. Hopefully LE has checked if they have this up there.

I’m trying to think of a scenario where the perp would keep Jayme alive, because right now she is a liability and a witness. All I can think of is keeping her alive for reasons like Jaycee Duggard and Elizabeth Smart or as NK did with AH...

Any other ideas on this?

I’m afraid I’m having a very hard time sugar coating this. I want to remain positive but time is running out and the trail appears cold to me. LE is trying their best I know. Hoping something comes back electronic/lab wise, etc and fast.

Or someone speaks up if they know anything.

Or Jayme miraculously escapes or the perp lets her go like NK did with AH. But considering there is a double homicide, chances of this are even moooore slim, moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member