AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know the neighbors had not gone to sleep at the time of the 2 gun shots.

I agree that their living so remotely it would seem sounds would travel more easily.

This is correct. I find those areas absolutely terrifying at night. You can hear everything because it always so quiet. I'm guessing the only noise pollution they ever got in the evening was from the trains coming through.

Sad - that's not enough-opens door to 2nd incomes needed, IMO

I think that is an income that would be ok for rural WI. Living paycheck to,paycheck like most people do with some extras thrown in.

Depends on what kind of deductibles and copays they had for their health and dental.

They hired a veey good company to paint their house rather than some handy type person. House painting is expensive.

She had dancing lessons which are expensive I would guess. The costumes are pricey as well.

For someone who makes barely minimum wage, the C family may seem somewhat affluent.

We saw yesterday that they had house painting done. JC was featured in a photo on the company's FB page. Who took that picture? One of the workers who was charmed enough by her to take it and post it? Ever since the Smart case, I worry about home maintenance workers around the kids. It would fit with the killer being familiar with the house and the area but also being generally unknown to the family.

Also, I think JC is holding a small dog in the picture. Where was the dog while all of this was going on? JMO.

ETA: The photo on the website it not from this summer but from 2016. I just totally misread the date as 2018.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Last edited:
Possibly searching for a terrified girl who is hiding. JMO

Yes. Look at it this way: if you came for Jayme, you aren’t leaving without her. Especially if you have already committed a double homicide.

In an unfamiliar house, at night, it could take a while to find a girl as small as JC. She is only 5’ tall and weighs 100 lbs. Small enough to hide virtually anywhere. If someone put me in an unfamiliar house and told me I had twenty minutes to find a person playing hide and seek at night, I’m not sure I could do it. Too many closets, and bathrooms, and things to hide behind.

She may have been too terrified to do anything but hide until she was nearly found, or she may have struggled to get a signal. WiFi can be sketchy in and of itself at various places in a house.

I am praying this child is found quickly. Cmon Sheriff! You got this.

Last edited:
I have not seen any statement from LE about the time of death nor have I seen a statement saying they know Jayme was there when the call was made. The only statements I have seen say LE believe Jayme was there when her parents were shot from evidence at the scene and in part from the 911 call. Evidence at the scene could be her footprint in blood . A parent near death could of been able to reach a phone and call 911. the noise in the background could be that same parent collapsing and with their last breaths be able to say " he/she/they took Jayme " We also do not know if both parents were dead when LE arrived or if one was still clinging to life.

IMO, I think your post is well-reasoned. If your scenario is true, that is, Jayme did not place the 911 call and if she was not heard on the call, the killer (and Jayme) could have had a half-hour head start.

If Jayme WAS the motive, why would she be harmed? A lot of trouble was taken to get her (obviously/understatement).
Also they do not need her actual phone to pull records, though it could take time, as far as I know. And if an adult was communicating with her, he was not using his real name or regular phone/computer, imo, also slowing down identifying him. But also could be a perp just a few years older than her, with poor impulse control, to say the least. Jmo

We saw yesterday that they had house painting done. JC was featured in a photo on the company's FB page. Who took that picture? One of the workers who was charmed enough by her to take it and post it? Ever since the Smart case, I worry about home maintenance workers around the kids. It would fit with the killer being familiar with the house and the area but also being generally unknown to the family.

Also, I think JC is holding a small dog in the picture. Where was the dog while all of this was going on? JMO.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

I looked and gave up. What was the date?

You can be alive hours after being shot...
Yes; do you remember that case where the son shot his mother dead the father was shot and he walked around the house w a brain injury. He later testified for the defense.
Sorry, I have forgotten their names. I want to know why LE has not done a grid search five miles out from the gps of that residence. Mollie laid in a cornfield for two months.
Unacceptable.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I don't know that anyone came to their door and the storm door was intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible scenario: Jayme hears gunshots. She goes into hiding without phone. Perp is looking for her, possibly calling out for her, then goes silent. Jayme, thinking perp may have left, gets the courage to come out of hiding and gets to a phone and dials 911. Perp sees her/she sees perp and tries to run. He manages to run her down, grabs her, maybe incapacitates her, then returns to phone and disconnects call. He quickly gets the hell out of there.

That aspect bothers me. And whether one of the parents dialed the 911 call or not, do the sounds on the call indicate one or both of the parents are alive? Did LE specifically say that the cause of death was gunshot? Or just that they were shot, leaving the possibility of another actual cause of death after the gunshot? We’re assuming two shots because that’s what the neighbor heard at 12:30am, so one shot each? LE has never specified that, correct?

There’s a whole lot of conjecture going on here and I suspect some of the details we’re assuming are not correct.
“Her parents died from gunshot wounds that's why we are ruling this a homicide. There was no gun found on the scene. We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we're not able to comment on why we believe that,” said Fitzgerald.
Sheriff: Jayme Closs was home at time of murders

Yes, he said they died of gunshot wounds according to this and I believe I saw a portion of his press conference (saying the same thing) when I could not sleep last night and it was on one of the news channels. This is as bad as Mollie IMO - praying she is surviving this ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa