AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they really are that old to have a 13 year old. Mom was 46 which means she was 33 when she had Jayme, and James was 56 so he was 43. Denise was younger than I will be when my daughter is 13. Men can have babies pretty much until they die of old age...

Okay, since some folks are taking issue with my post about the parent's age -

I said it is unusual - indeed, atypical - for folks at this age to have a first child, which it is. Particularly when things like demanding careers and/or lengthy educational pursuits don't get in the way, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

Again, it is not IMPOSSIBLE for it to be, and it does happen on occasion, but it is not a "common" occurrence, particularly given the context.

JMO.

Yes, definitely agree with you. And they still might know something that can help out!

ALSO, this bugs me. The RadarOnline source that speaks of the dad going to answer the door and it being kicked in and he being shot: wasn't the neighbors claim they were exclusive and no one ever over to visit /have parties there and all she saw was them entering and leaving driveway ?

She also said they wouldn't answer the door when they sometimes brought mail to them, even if they are home?

Yet the dispatch log is under the impression that James answers the door (whether he opens it or is kicked in and he's shot before getting there is a whole different story.)

RECLUSIVE won't come to door in daytime, YET LE from dispatch log assumes from his downed position when they arrive he went to answer.

So, if that ended up how that part went down he is OK with answering door at 12:30 am, though ? ?

o_O sounds messed. what do you guys think...
In my opinion, he was trying to prevent the intruder from coming in. The initial assessment by LE was that he had answered the door. I think they came to that conclusion because that's where he was found. I don't see how they could possibly know he answered the door since he was unresponsive when they arrived. Jmo

LE and FBI view the media as a tool to use to implement their strategy, not only a means to inform the public. LE was very adamant about that exactly 100 volunteer searchers, not 98 or 105, but 100. It could be a reference to something discovered on SM, at the scene, on the 911 call, a message to the victim or the perp.

No worries *wave*

This would make a great movie plot but it's not how law enforcement works. The FBI is not sending a signal by repeating the word "100" in news reports.

Yes! Plus, "FBI Insider" can mean the wife of a janitor cleaning the bathrooms in the San Francisco field office. I am sure the FBI blasts say they are operating under the assumption that Jayme is alive, because that is how all missing children's cases work.

(Lol)

ETA:
This happened in Jessica Ridgeway’s case...wives of LE, EMTs, etc said things which were all wrong.

Last edited:

I said it is unusual - indeed, atypical - for folks at this age to have a first child, which it is. Particularly when things like demanding careers and/or lengthy educational pursuits don't get in the way, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

Again, it is not IMPOSSIBLE for it to be, and it does happen on occasion, but it is not a "common" occurrence, particularly given the context.

JMO.
It may have been both of their second marriages. Or they just may have preferred to wait, or maybe tried for a long time but couldnt. In any case I'm not sure it has any significance. Jmo

We used to try to post RadarOnline links because we thought we had found something new...but it would show as **** as it was forbidden territory. Websleuths could only be mainstream media. We just got permission to start using RadarOnline but we still don't really trust it or it's confidential sources. But, if we can use it here we can also quote it here. My guess is that our new relationship with ***** will be short-lived.

It may have been both of their second marriages. Or they just may have preferred to wait, or maybe tried for a long time but couldnt. In any case I'm not sure it has any significance. Jmo

Sure it may have significance, which is what my original post pursued. For example, has paternity been established?

JMO.

I don't follow your point. The average maternal age has been on the rise and as of 2016 it was up to 26.6. It is 29 in parts of Western Europe. This is a second marriage for both parents so it would make sense they would have their child a bit later considering they were not married in their early 20s.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 232 - January 2016

1. The neighbors arrive home at 11:30 pm, do whatever they need to do to prepare for bed, and by 12:15 they are in bed. They hear 2 loud gunshots at 12:30. This tells me that this WAS, in fact, the beginning of the assault. Why ? Because we know (from police logs) that the father was shot as he answered the door. Looking at the door frame on the handle side, we can clearly see damage to the frame... (kicked in, shot in, that part is not really clear at this point.) So, imo , this is where the violence actually started. It's logical, it's backed up by reports, and it's a fact as far as I'm concerned.

2. We now have reports that DC barricaded herself in a room of the house (possibly the bathroom). Do the facts bear that out ? I believe they do, and here's why: we know that police dispatch has an officer initially reporting a suicide, despite the fact that they don't see a gun near James. They search the house, find a barricaded door and have no way of knowing what's on the other side of the door until they gain entry. Once they do gain entry, and find another body without a gun, the scenario quickly changes to homicide. That makes complete sense to me.

3. Inside the barricaded room, LE discovers the cell phone from which Denise called 911.

4. The 911 call was placed at roughly 1 am. LE arrived at the house 4 minutes after that call. Jayme and the suspects are gone. This leads me to believe that the entire incident occurred in roughly a matter of 30 minutes. That is not a lot of time in which to kill 2 people and kidnap another, so, to my mind, no one just hung around assaulting Jayme, eating snacks, chit chatting, etc. etc.

5. It's also not a lot of time to do all that AND ransack the house for valuables or drugs. So not a burglary, imo.

6. I think the sole intent of this horrific incident was to take Jayme. What I can't wrap my head around is why do all THIS to achieve that end ? Is this a young kid obsessed with Jayme who just didn't realize how wrong everything might turn ? Is this a family dispute of some sort ? A disgruntled employee ? Can't get any kind of a mental hit on that.

Last edited:
Maybe if he had time, or since he was a hunter he may have wanted to go for his gun. IMO, he could have been talking to the person through the door and/or trying to hold it shut and he wasn’t able to get a phone or gun.
Has it been verified that he owned a gun and was a hunter? I have not seen that yet.

I want to circle back to the FBI's request for people to come forward if they or someone else had a misunderstanding with the Closs's.

I am on my phone that's not user friendly in linking back the FBI page.

So their request, IMO, indicates someone known to the Closs's. The kicking in of the door indicates someone angry with them. Someone known to them could be local and explain the quick getaway.

Who is this person?

IMO, JMO, MOO.......

I think it just means the intruder wanted to gain access to the home no matter who they were.

I dont see these actions necessarily as rage fueled but more like carrying out their plans to abduct Jayme.

To me I see it more like they were determined to enter the home murdering those inside who they knew would stand in the way from taking their intended targeted victim.

As more time passes I dont think they are local. Like I said yesterday I feel the police know they are looking for a male suspect.

So if half of the 3300 population are males with a huge amount of investigators on the ground there almost immediately they have had time to check out and interview all of the local teen or adult males in the community.

Imo

I think all of the family are very scared since none of them have a clue who this could be or who would do this to their family.

I dont blame them one bit either.

Usually if the police wants them to speak out they will hold a PC with family members there.
I agree and think this sentiment is held among the whole community. A friend of mind who lives in the community had a a flyer for a vigil up on social media and then it was gone the next day. I don’t have the guts to ask why but would guess they are all scared.

I want to circle back to the FBI's request for people to come forward if they or someone else had a misunderstanding with the Closs's.

I am on my phone that's not user friendly in linking back the FBI page.

So their request, IMO, indicates someone known to the Closs's. The kicking in of the door indicates someone angry with them. Someone known to them could be local and explain the quick getaway.

Who is this person?

IMO, JMO, MOO.......
IMHO.
I think someone is obsessed with Jayme, got rejected,and her parents were of course protecting her.
This would explain them breaking in, the mention of a suicidal person.
They threaten to kill themselves if they can't have her, and then eliminate those who stand between them.
I don't believe Jayme was involved. Because I think she would just sneak off like a normal teenager, or leave door unlocked so they don't have to break in.
I wonder if any of her friends know of someone who fits this discription.

Has it been verified that he owned a gun and was a hunter? I have not seen that yet.

Oops, sorry, I’d read it here and took it as fact. I don’t think I’ve seen a source for that. Whatever happened at the door I think it was quick. I don’t there was time for him to get his phone and call 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert