AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could someone barricade themselves in a bathroom?

That is a small house that I am sure does not have a spa like bathroom.

Do people have locks on their bathroom door?
I'm doing a mental scan of all the houses I can think of that I've seen their bathroom and every one has a lock on the door. Very common I'd say, so as to protect someone's privacy while in there

Just MOO, but...

I am frightened by the "100% sure Jayme is alive," only in that it makes me think whoever has her hostage has contacted LE and sent proof to them that they have her. Possibly to taunt them.

The only place we have seen this info to my knowledge is radaronline, and it was just a statement, not a direct quote attributed to anyone in particular. As much as I want to believe it, it is questionable at best.

Humm, good point! I was convinced in my own confused mind that he was the one kicking in the door upon coming home hearing evidence of terror inside, but you make a good point so now back to IDK. What if he kicked the door in got inside and was shot once inside, fell face down but was turned over by perp to check, making it look like he was facing door thus the one opening door as police thought. I just think something was happening before the shots heard by neighbor. MOO. That 4 or even 7 min time for escape into nowhere is really hard to fathom.

But if Dad saw something alarming and had to kick the door in, wouldn't he call 911 really quick for back up help?

How would any of this be relevant to this case?
LE and FBI view the media as a tool to use to implement their strategy, not only a means to inform the public. LE was very adamant about that exactly 100 volunteer searchers, not 98 or 105, but 100. It could be a reference to something discovered on SM, at the scene, on the 911 call, a message to the victim or the perp.

No worries *wave*

I'm in my 40s and every home regardless of size (including mobile homes) I have ever been in the bathroom door had some type of lock. Whether the door knob itself locked or as the case was at an elderly extended relative's home the door slid on tracks and had a hook. Although most of the locking door knobs I've seen are easily unlocked from the outside by using any small sturdy wire or even a twig.

Upon further review, I'm in absolute agreement. The front left of the chair is splintered wood. The splinters protrude from the top and bottom of the chair and don't move around the way that the cushion ties do in the back as he's carrying it. I still think there is no evidence of blood. What caused the splintering in the chair is anyone's guess, gunshot, object being swung at it?
The important finding is the spintering is on the front of the chair. Which makes me think it was used as a defense tool
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/barron6-jpg.151409/

There is no seat cushion. Why cut away a cushion and leave strings? If someone cut away the cushion, the strings would fall off. The chair was taken into evidence.

While I am glad the photography poster upthread pointed out how color can bleed in an image, and there is a bright red truck to the left, look at the lower rung on the side facing the camera and those two separated red areas do not look like photographic artifacts.
The cushion may have been bagged for evidence. Perhaps, they could not untie the strings.

View attachment 152089

Jayme Closs disappearance: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl - CNN

It's better to watch the video than reviewing a still image. The chair clip starts at 0:46. I'm on a mac, but I get a much clearer video when reviewing on my iphone vs Macbook. You'll notice the "splinters/damage" that protrude top and bottom on the front left don't move as he's walking and the cushion ties do. The appear rigid and linear.
Oh, that. It looks like a tie but doesn't move. I thought that was some kind of evidence tag. Stiff wire-type cord and stiff paper tag.

Do people not have locks on their bathroom doors? Every house i have ever lived in had locks on all of the bathroom and bedroom doors, put in by the builder.

LE and FBI view the media as a tool to use to implement their strategy, not only a means to inform the public. LE was very adamant about that exactly 100 volunteer searchers, not 98 or 105, but 100. It could be a reference to something discovered on SM, at the scene, on the 911 call, a message to the victim or the perp.

No worries *wave*

It would be much more odd to request 98 or 105!

Chris Fitzgerald on Twitter
Press Release

Oct 20, 2018

Investigators have received over a thousand tips and have thoroughly investigated over 800 of them. We are using every resource available, and have conducted hundreds of... facebook.com/barroncountysh…
RBBM
Press Release

Oct 20, 2018

Investigators have received over a thousand tips and have thoroughly investigated over 800 of them. We are using every resource available, and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme.

I want to reiterate to the public that I am committed to releasing accurate, credible information in a timely fashion to the public. We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too. It’s important to understand that our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress. This can cause some confusion when the information comes from an outside source. I am the only source of credible information related to this investigation and I will update the public each day, just as I have since this investigation began.

Lastly, we want to send our heartfelt thanks to the citizens of Barron County for the outpouring of support and gratitude for those investigators working so hard to bring Jayme home. It’s been brought to my attention that we have received thank you cards from the community. I’ve directed those cards to be placed in the area that investigators pass through to grab food and pop when they have a few minutes in between covering leads, interviews, and analysis of an incredible amount of information. This way, I can ensure that those investigators working around the clock are sure to see them.

Every tip is important. The tip line is 1-855-744-3879.

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

No need to apologize. It is an approved source, but we each can decide if we believe their report. I don't.
The entire article is misleading, including the title. There is no new information concerning whether or not they think she is alive. It is obvious that they are using the Sheriffs original statement to make it look like it has just been revealed according to their exclusive insider who only revealed it to them. The neighbor is the other source. Why would LE reveal inside information to the neighbor? Is she involved in the investigation?

Radar Online is classified as an "American Entertainment and Gossip Website" that I don't find credible either. They appear to take info from other news sources and then twist things around and add speculation which in my opinion, does more harm than good. When you see a term like " FBI Insider", making it sound like a credible source, that to me is an indication that anything they report should be taken with a grain of salt. Jmo

When I read that style of wording, it makes me wonder if perhaps the neighbor who is giving them the interview is also saying "the FBI told me xyz when I spoke to them" and all of a sudden it's inside information from the FBI. I also think the fact that the neighbors were not actually close to the family is making it much easier for them to repeatedly tell this story to news outlets. As they were not close and not friends, they are not dealing with the heartbreak and panic that real family and friends must be experiencing. Jmo.

Do people not have locks on their bathroom doors? Every house i have ever lived in had locks on all of the bathroom and bedroom doors, put in by the builder.
The apartments I lived in during college didn't have locks on any of the doors.

My current house doesn't have locks on the bedroom doors, but there are locks on the bathroom doors that my boyfriend can easily break through.

I trust that investigators are at least trying to rule these people out. One in particular stands out to me- booked 10/16 probation violation/hold, injuries on face, and was arrested a few years ago for attempted home break in while the woman was home. Fled as police were responding... not sure how long the forensics takes but hopefully they are able to expedite the testing and rule out. It's probably not any of these people but ruling them out is still a step forward imo
If it is one of these guys, where is Jayme? Who has her? Scary either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member