AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
During an investigation, the digital footprint is critical in these types of investigations. Depending on the wireless carrier they should be able to get a minimum of 72 hours worth of phone data for Denise, James, and Jayme.

This is usually pretty immediate.

This case will not be one that goes unsolved. There was no opportunity for clean up. That said forensic testing can take weeks.

The strings on that chair are way too big and ugly, I feel. And there are never strings on the front. The cushion is held by cute strings by one on each side of the back of the chair,

They may have modified it for some other use. Who kmows what people do. But it is not your normal cute strings and string configuration

R
I got the sense that LE has not found any information to lead them to believe the perp is someone Jayme may have come in contact with. Since they are asking for people to come forward who may have, or know anyone who has had a misunderstanding with the parents, it seems they are focused on someone who knew the parents rather than who knew or had contact with Jayme. Jmo

Fair point. I think what we are seeing is overall the efforts being made due to a lack of evidence overall. A cold blooded killing of her parents is incredibly personal and suggests deep anger, especially if the suspect or suspects made their way inside to murder the mother. Especially if the suspect or suspects believed she had not seen them. In essence why wait and stay at the residence longer to kill the mother if she is in the bathroom behind a locked door? This is all speculation mind you. The scenario here could be very different.

Having trouble with pasting links per 911 call,and police responce.
A couple things really stood out to me.
1. Who was circling/driving around and got stopped by LE?
2. Who's drone was found flying around the scene?

The 911 report does not mention a drone flying around. It records a request for LE to "grab", or bring, the department's drone to the scene.

Yes logically I would think it meant he was inside of his home when he opened the door and was immediately shot and killed.

There would be all sorts of blood on the porch if he was coming into his home. The porch area would have become a part of the crime scene. The porch area seems to be clear of any blood.
Humm, good point! I was convinced in my own confused mind that he was the one kicking in the door upon coming home hearing evidence of terror inside, but you make a good point so now back to IDK. What if he kicked the door in got inside and was shot once inside, fell face down but was turned over by perp to check, making it look like he was facing door thus the one opening door as police thought. I just think something was happening before the shots heard by neighbor. MOO. That 4 or even 7 min time for escape into nowhere is really hard to fathom.

Actually, according to Barron County Inmate Roster, there are three inmates that were incarcerated on 10/17 (2 males, 1 female) and one inmate on 10/16 (male) all with no charge information listed.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about what it means for sure. I tried to find information concerning this, though, and I have two opinions:

1. If inmate is charged with a federal crime they can not list what it is for on the inmate roster. You also wouldn't be able to find out what an inmate was charged with if you call the jail and ask specifically. (this is how the system works, so my actual opinion is that this could be one reason).

2. They haven't officially been charged in court yet/are awaiting that hearing... (but this entirely me thinking from the fact that they have no case info listed and not because I know the system actually works this way.)

I can tell you that out of the four people, only 1 inmate didn't bring up previous charges when I searched their name in google.

I don't think I'm allowed to use names, but here is the roster for references if you want to look them up and run their names in google. http://barronsheriff.org/inmate-roster/

IMO, from what I've viewed of the inmates that have past cases , I am leaning towards the blanks being no info because federal charges are being filed. Or maybe both state and federal.

The situation that occurred where LE uncovered a big crime unrelated to Jayme while looking for her and they warned people about it on twitter but gave no info, is almost certainly a meth-related crime. I know some people are/were wondering if it actually did have to do with Jayme. Assuming the female arrested at the scene is the one listed in the roster, they have past offenses in meth dealings. Making drugs is a federal crime and so is drug trafficking. Having possession is usually a state crime but can be federal too... and the FBI were involved as we know.

I hope this can be of use to people wanting more info!
I trust that investigators are at least trying to rule these people out. One in particular stands out to me- booked 10/16 probation violation/hold, injuries on face, and was arrested a few years ago for attempted home break in while the woman was home. Fled as police were responding... not sure how long the forensics takes but hopefully they are able to expedite the testing and rule out. It's probably not any of these people but ruling them out is still a step forward imo

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been answered (I'm trying to keep up) but has it been discussed why the mother was barricaded in the bathroom, on the phone, and Jayme could be heard -- was Jayme in the bathroom barricaded with her mom, or somewhere else in the house? If Jayme was not barricaded in the bathroom, but maybe in her bedroom or another room, why did her mom go into the bathroom, and not to Jayme?
I had the same thoughts. I do not see a mother barricading herself without her child. I think the background noise was the mom in the BR and perps trying to get in. If indeed the unverified info, that Jayme made the call is true.

Just MOO, but...

I am frightened by the "100% sure Jayme is alive," only in that it makes me think whoever has her hostage has contacted LE and sent proof to them that they have her. Possibly to taunt them.

I'd agree, if I believed the statement was made by anyone with knowledge. I don't.

moo

ETA: In my opinion, it is nothing by click bait.

The strings on that chair are way too big and ugly, I feel. And there are never strings on the front. The cushion is held by cute strings by one on each side of the back of the chair,

They may have modified it for some other use. Who kmows what people do. But it is not your normal cute strings and string configuration

I kind of agree, it seems to be a bit bulky to be cushion ties, but what some see as ties at the front, I see as splintered wood.

Right. I'm not sure where the assumption is that he was just coming home is coming from. We have already tried unsuccessfully to find any clarification as to what his work hours were or when he arrived home that night. In fact, from everything we know so far it appears that he was in the home and was trying to prevent an intruder from coming in. In no way has it been suggested that he had just arrived home. Jmo
We dont even know that he was at work. I know the family said Mrs Closs said he was at work. Maybe, it was just an excuse. . I'll wait for the evidence to support that he was actually working.

Can someone take this or another picture of the chair and circle the area where they think they see splinters? I don't see any.
cnn.png

Jayme Closs disappearance: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl - CNN

It's better to watch the video than reviewing a still image. The chair clip starts at 0:46. I'm on a mac, but I get a much clearer video when reviewing on my iphone vs Macbook. You'll notice the "splinters/damage" that protrude top and bottom on the front left don't move as he's walking and the cushion ties do. They appear rigid and linear.

Last edited:
I consider the source to be unreliable and don't believe for one minute they have inside info. moo
Radar Online is classified as an "American Entertainment and Gossip Website" that I don't find credible either. They appear to take info from other news sources and then twist things around and add speculation which in my opinion, does more harm than good. When you see a term like " FBI Insider", making it sound like a credible source, that to me is an indication that anything they report should be taken with a grain of salt. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair