AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why take Jayme?
because they could? I was just thinking of the cost of some firearms and everyone buying and selling isn't a average family looking to hunt four legged prey. not meaning to imply there is anything wrong about buying or selling firearms. just could be a way to have attention placed on what seems to me to be a normal family.

If it is taken as fact that 1. the two gunshots at 12:31 correspond to the killing of both parents, 2. the 911 call was made by Jayme (or less likely the assailant) some 20 minutes later, and 3. the call was the precursor to Jayme and assailant leaving the house within 4 minutes.... then it holds that the assailant knew about the 911 call but kept Jayme alive anyway. I think this is key. That combined with the 20 mins in the house makes me think this whole thing was about Jayme. The siege nature of the entry and shooting suggests an expectation that there would/could be guns in the house/some kind of resistance. I keep feeling like this played out almost like uplifting a hostage. If there is a personal phone or laptop (and I think there is at least a phone, which LE hope to recover) its possible these left the house too and if so I find it hard to believe the assailant would not know Jayme had them and/or would allow their removal unless it was in their interest to keep them from LE (that whatever was on them was more detrimental and/or that they were more immediately useful to the assailant than the risk of them pinging until such time as they could be destroyed). Like others have said, I've felt from the beginning that this was personal. All JMO.

There is also the multiple spent casings on the police report/911 blotter to consider. If the neighbors only heard 2 shots, and those 2 shots were the murders, then where did the other spent casings come from?

interesting thought. I haven't heard a car backfire for a long time but as I recall it can pretty pretty loud.

When you live in a rural area. Most of us can differentiate between gunfire and backfire. And usually backfire doesn’t usually occur seconds apart. I’m almost certain when the neighbor said “big gun” he knew what he’d heard. Imo

Also, even the “best” MSM likes to use the most dramatic phrases possible...each of us has to decide what to take as fact. I only take what LE says, that I hear with my own ears.
I agree with "each of us has to decide what to take as fact". Discernment, objectivity , and knowledge are key. I was in LE when social media info was new and not thought admissible. Eventually that changed but only when information was shown to the court with further investigation, and free of assumption. There have been many cases solved via social media. David Grunwald from Alaska as just one example. While I am retired I see it as a great tool if used properly and according to law. I have the greatest respect for this site as well as their rules and totally understand their reasoning.

I haven’t seen this addressed yet - but please forgive me if it has...

While I’m not from the area, I can’t help but think it really is strange that two teenagers were driving by to the point they were told to leave at that time and that one could have been relative.

I want to know if anyone else thought - Could there have been another call made from the house <modsnip - family>?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is taken as fact that 1. the two gunshots at 12:31 correspond to the killing of both parents, 2. the 911 call was made by Jayme (or less likely the assailant) some 20 minutes later, and 3. the call was the precursor to Jayme and assailant leaving the house within 4 minutes.... then it holds that the assailant knew about the 911 call but kept Jayme alive anyway. I think this is key. That combined with the 20 mins in the house makes me think this whole thing was about Jayme. The siege nature of the entry and shooting suggests an expectation that there would/could be guns in the house/some kind of resistance. I keep feeling like this played out almost like uplifting a hostage. If there is a personal phone or laptop (and I think there is at least a phone, which LE hope to recover) its possible these left the house too and if so I find it hard to believe the assailant would not know Jayme had them and/or would allow their removal unless it was in their interest to keep them from LE (that whatever was on them was more detrimental and/or that they were more immediately useful to the assailant than the risk of them pinging until such time as they could be destroyed). Like others have said, I've felt from the beginning that this was personal. All JMO.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, LeafPeeper! :)
Great first post!​

Then why take Jayme?
I think that is the million dollar question. Seems like the popular theory is that it wasn't a random attack and more personal in nature. But why take Jame if she wasn't the target. The only thing I can think of is the perp didn't have the heart to harm a child (possibly a parent themselves) and she possibly would identify them. I personally don't see her as the one being targeted but anything is possible. Time will sort all the theories out I'm sure of that. I just can't for the life of me see killing 2 parents just to get to the kid. Wouldn't it have just been easier to wait until at least one, or possibly both parents weren't home? I'm as baffled as most.

There is also the multiple spent casings on the police report to consider. If the neighbors only heard 2 shots, and those 2 shots were the murders, then where did the other spent casings come from?
Let’s say a .22 that firearm would have markedly different ammo and sound than a shotgun or a .44. So we don’t know.

And there’s always a homemade or professional silencer.

I sure hope searchers locate evidence tomorrow

I've read several references to cellphones. Aside from Mom's phone, is there any information that Jayme had a phone?

Someone mentioned earlier about a phone not having to be on to ping a tower, I don't think that is accurate. I think a phone has to be powered on to transmit a signal to a tower.

It is possible though, to get cell phone numbers that have pinged a particular tower. That's a lot of numbers to go through though, and it would have to be coordinated with other towers in the area.

Has there been any mention of Jayme's social media or Internet activity?

oops MIS TYPE- I find it very curious that the family has not spoken out and when the sheriff was asked he said they just want her home.

13 yrs is old enough to begin having crushes and infatuations with boys. Nothing serious, but with the world today it could be easy to see how a young girl is taken advantage of. The 2000 person search is very unique. I wonder if this is because they think they can flush someone out of a cabin or a hunting tent.

The sheriff says this is at the request of the FBI. Usually, they would not want a lay person to come across a violent situation, or tamper with evidence.

The gap in the time of the first shot fired and the length of time in the house and yelling on the 911 call there is a part of this story LE is aware of and not telling.

Let's pray they come across this young lady tomorrow. Safe

While I’m not from the area, I can’t help but think it really is strange that two teenagers were driving by to the point they were told to leave at that time and that one could have been relative.

I want to know if anyone else thought - Could there have been another call made from the house <modsnip - family>?

It could be that in the time (early hours of investigation) that the police, after clearing the home, noticed a kid's bedroom/other items and in notifying family and trying to find out where the missing teen was, some family were contacted and decided to scope things out. IDK, just thinking.

In regard to the family not speaking to media I think it's quite likely that LE have respectfully asked the family to keep quiet for now and the family have agreed. This isn't the same as gagging them, just a common tactic LE use to try and keep any important information from slipping through to the media. If it was a member of my family I would do what ever LE asked too.
In regards to Jayme's phone, she may have managed to take it with her when she was removed from the home and LE don't want the perp/perps knowing this hence why they refused to say if her phone was found at the scene. All just IMO

It’s really hard to keep up with these threads, especially when you’re not able to follow during the day at work. But every time I check in it seems like there is a new unfounded theory. Gambling, firearms dealing, etc. maybe there is evidence of these theories being true and I didn’t see the info because it’s hard to catch up. I’m wondering though, if the lack of information is the reason for these theories/accusations that take up page after page of the threads.

I think that is the million dollar question. Seems like the popular theory is that it wasn't a random attack and more personal in nature. But why take Jame if she wasn't the target. The only thing I can think of is the perp didn't have the heart to harm a child (possibly a parent themselves) and she possibly would identify them. I personally don't see her as the one being targeted but anything is possible. Time will sort all the theories out I'm sure of that. I just can't for the life of me see killing 2 parents just to get to the kid. Wouldn't it have just been easier to wait until at least one, or possibly both parents weren't home? I'm as baffled as most.

It has happened before. But it's so risky. Especially knowing the odds the homeowner could be armed. To me, it speaks as if a person(s) with the perception of nothing more to lose, maybe already a felon, lost a job recently, and/or girlfriend or wife. I sense more a vibe of desperation than rage that others have considered.

Hi, not totally caught up in this thread yet. Can you provide a link to this? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member