AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find. Jumping off your post, I did some searching via Google, and IMO the bag looks pretty similar to this metal detector carrying case:
View attachment 152469
1616901 Garrett Soft Case, Universal Detector

View attachment 152471
Jayme Closs' neighbors heard two gunshots 20 minutes before 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online

As for the rakes, perhaps they were used by LE to aid in some additional searches around the property. MOO

You are correct those are metal detector bags. When it comes to metal detectors, Garrett is top notch. The rakes would be used to move stuff out of the way when the detector hits on something. The sac the other guy has on his shoulder is probably pin pointers, and different size coils and other accessories.

The same type of genius who kicks in a door, massacres two people, kidnaps a teen girl, and expects to get away with it.

If that's the perp's car, he sounds like a narcissist. Typical personality type for this kind of crime. Given how quickly he escaped with Jayme, he may also be a younger person, in good physical condition. I was also thinking previously that he would have to be strong and large enough to be able to kick in a closed wood entry door. Not many people can do that.

Last edited:
I just listened to the neighbors interview. Growing up in Wisconsin and spending time in the northwoods, I have to say I found the interview to be candid and honest. They were a bit nervous given the situation and seem to feel bad as expected. The thing that stuck out is that these people Live in an area where high powered rifles and shotguns are fired regularly for weeks at a time. You get used to sounds and begin to be startled by them Less over time. Of course their location being so close to the crime scene the gunshots would have sounded louder than many, yet, I can’t help but think it was extra loud. IMO this was a highly personal crime and the suspect(s) wanted the parents DEAD and the weapon choice is likely to be a large caliber. I know we don’t know yet, but maybe 12 gauge shotgun or .357 or .44 revolver?
How could they not be nervous? A double homicide, and possibly a triple homicide, just happened next door. I totally agree with everything that you posted above. I do not blame them one bit for not thinking this was occurring next door. Gun shots go off all the time up here- if I called 911 for every time I heard one go off, they'd probably arrest me for stupidity! This is hunting season, of course that is what they thought when they heard the shots go off.

Thank you for time and effort to gather this compilation. It helps us understand the mindset and patterns of behavior evidenced in the past.
Several Websleuther-posts here have mentioned they are feeling the same "vibe".
Scary.
How close to 14 is Jayme? If she’s a young 13, I don’t think she’d have such a “passionate” relationship to the point of the boyfriend feeling the need to kill the parents. Now if it hypothetically speaking it’s an older male- an adult - then I could see that happening. But i can’t see her knowingly participating in such a relationship. Thirteen is still really young. 14 or 15 I can see a girl getting in over her head like that but not 13. Maybe I’m splitting hairs though. I just don’t at this point think she involved in a relationship of that sort.

Wait! I totally missed that. Are they reporting rifle cases were taken from the house?

No. Daily mail interpreted a photo as possibly being rifle cases but several of us have found these look like metal detector cases. And they are not handling them the way they handled other evidence from the scene. It seems this is equipment used to look for evidence. See Rainynights post here: AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

How could they not be nervous? A double homicide, and possibly a triple homicide, just happened next door. I totally agree with everything that you posted above. I do not blame them one bit for not thinking this was occurring next door. Gun shots go off all the time up here- if I called 911 for every time I heard one go off, they'd probably arrest me for stupidity! This is hunting season, of course that is what they thought when they heard the shots go off.
I hear shots daily, but if I hear them in the middle of the night I don't think hunting.

You are correct those are metal detector bags. When it comes to metal detectors, Garrett is top notch. The rakes would be used to move stuff out of the way when the detector hits on something. The sac the other guy has on his shoulder is probably pin pointers, and different size coils and other accessories.
They look extremely similar to rifle bags.

I agree.
Also to add, IIRC that horrible "100%" statement did not mean what everyone thought it did. The sheriff first said it very early on... like maybe just a couple days after the incident. I know it was discussed several threads back. Anyway IIRC he never said they thought 100% that she was alive... it was the way the statement was made. Then the media went wild with it. I tried googling to find the article, but didn't find it. I will go look around a bit in previous threads & see if I can find what I am thinking of.

I took it more as a statement of hope and how they will approach the investigation than an absolute belief she was alive at the time.

"But the sheriff said he has a '100% expectation that she's alive.'"

Missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs now listed on FBI's top missing persons list

Do people go hunting late at night in that area?

I definitely thought that was weird too, and this has me largely questioning the validity of their comments. Perhaps, as others have stated here, they heard a car back firing, or maybe they only heard the two shots. Whatever evidence LE finds at the scene would better explain how many shots were fired (just not what time). The whole time line is confusing.

How close to 14 is Jayme? If she’s a young 13, I don’t think she’d have such a “passionate” relationship to the point of the boyfriend feeling the need to kill the parents. Now if it hypothetically speaking it’s an older male- an adult - then I could see that happening. But i can’t see her knowingly participating in such a relationship. Thirteen is still really young. 14 or 15 I can see a girl getting in over her head like that but not 13. Maybe I’m splitting hairs though. I just don’t at this point think she involved in a relationship of that sort.

She just turned 13 about 3 months ago in mid July. She is closer to 12 than 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland