AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is reminding me more and more of Mollie Tibbett's case as the days go on. Now it's a vehicle of interest - just like hers was - and they were found through private cameras. What is interesting is the same investigative techniques and strategies seem to be in place too.

Yep. They get the word out via the media/social media that they need info about eyewitness accounts/video/suspicious activity. Even the smallest thing can be important, and that’s why they need these press conferences. So they use the media to spread the word. Then they comb through everything they get. Something eventually pieces it all together. It’s a slow process, but when all parts (LE/media/public) work together then the crime can be solved. Exactly like the Mollie Tibbetts case

After reviewing the photo of the rifle cases taken from the Closs home, those appear to be DOUBLE rifle bags. If there were no guns found in the Closs home, someone may have stolen multiple expensive rifles.
this has me wondering if firearms had recently been bought or sold or traded, etc, that the wrong kind of attention could have been attracted.

They may be allowed, but their reporting is often questionable. I read nothing into this statement, as there is no possible way that anyone could know that’s she is alive.

Odds are, she probably isn’t.
I agree.
Also to add, IIRC that horrible "100%" statement did not mean what everyone thought it did. The sheriff first said it very early on... like maybe just a couple days after the incident. I know it was discussed several threads back. Anyway IIRC he never said they thought 100% that she was alive... it was the way the statement was made. Then the media went wild with it. I tried googling to find the article, but didn't find it. I will go look around a bit in previous threads & see if I can find what I am thinking of.

I think James may have had his gun at door...was shot, perp took both guns away with him.

Also...though the DM is insane with headlines, etc they are often proved right in crime cases...much more so than Nancy G. Jmo
what is the DM? Sorry if that is a stupid question just don't know what that refers to.

I just listened to the neighbors interview. Growing up in Wisconsin and spending time in the northwoods, I have to say I found the interview to be candid and honest. They were a bit nervous given the situation and seem to feel bad as expected. The thing that stuck out is that these people Live in an area where high powered rifles and shotguns are fired regularly for weeks at a time. You get used to sounds and begin to be startled by them Less over time. Of course their location being so close to the crime scene the gunshots would have sounded louder than many, yet, I can’t help but think it was extra loud. IMO this was a highly personal crime and the suspect(s) wanted the parents DEAD and the weapon choice is likely to be a large caliber. I know we don’t know yet, but maybe 12 gauge shotgun or .357 or .44 revolver?

Just thinking... I can’t see the challenger being a car that will be any interest whatsoever. The other car looks a lot like a siting they said they checked up on at a gas station. That was so many threads back I wouldn’t know where to find it. Also, why do y’all think they won’t comment if Jayme had a phone or anything but will show 2 possible vehicles the person could be in... sorry if I was all over the place, this is my first post.

Some interesting news articles involving Orange Dodge Challenger's

Speeder from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin:
Driver going 160 MPH too fast for cop, but then his luck runs out
Driver arrested for topping 160 mph on Indiana Toll Road

Missing teen who got into an Orange Challenger and was later found:
Kansas Police Searching for 18-Year-Old Last Seen Leaving Tanning Salon
Police find missing 18-year-old Leawood woman safe in Georgia

Cocaine bust:
Three men, including MTA bus driver, busted with 4 kilos of cocaine wrapped in Minnie Mouse paper - NY Daily News

(May or may not be relevant. Please feel free to send in any tips you guys think are relevant and remember our rules not to discuss specific people by name here not named as suspects.)

I agree.
Also to add, IIRC that horrible "100%" statement did not mean what everyone thought it did. The sheriff first said it very early on... like maybe just a couple days after the incident. I know it was discussed several threads back. Anyway IIRC he never said they thought 100% that she was alive... it was the way the statement was made. Then the media went wild with it. I tried googling to find the article, but didn't find it. I will go look around a bit in previous threads & see if I can find what I am thinking of.
This report by Radar cites “federal sources” as making that quote. This is unrelated from anything that the sheriff has said.

I'm under the impression that these two cars were the only ones seen in the area around the time of the crime and so they are looking for both to question the owners. I highly doubt two cars were used. MOO

I just don't think that LE is going to risk their case by putting 2 cars out there as potentially being involved only to risk not ever identifying one of them. A defense attorney would have a field day with that.

JMO.

O/T. Is there any update you can add to her thread? I hope she can be found soon.
Hopefully soon. We are still at a standstill but Graves did do a press release today being under pressure by media and community. It is time for elections. So it’s been a busy emotional day for many parties envolved. I will update soon though

Long time lurker and now member. I love this site and the intelligent, respectful discussion between members. Thank you!

I finally signed up primarily to respond to stereotyping of addicts ie “meth head” being different than an alcoholic. That’s the type of justification that keeps people in their disease rather than seek help. “I have to drink first thing in the morning but at least I’m not a meth head” is a ridiculous statement but one used by those distorted by belief they are any different. It’s the driver, not the drug. The why, not the what. This sort of thought process allows many good (and bad) people suffering from addiction to hide in plain sight.

Let’s not discount anyone at this point and let’s find Jayme.
Thank you. <modsnip - rude>. Thank you for explaining instead. Jayme is the focus. Drugs shouldn’t even be a factor at this point anyways. We don’t even have a subject in site, let alone if they’re into drugs. Let’s move past the drug scenario

Long time lurker and now member. I love this site and the intelligent, respectful discussion between members. Thank you!

I finally signed up primarily to respond to stereotyping of addicts ie “meth head” being different than an alcoholic. That’s the type of justification that keeps people in their disease rather than seek help. “I have to drink first thing in the morning but at least I’m not a meth head” is a ridiculous statement but one used by those distorted by belief they are any different. It’s the driver, not the drug. The why, not the what. This sort of thought process allows many good (and bad) people suffering from addiction to hide in plain sight.

Let’s not discount anyone at this point and let’s find Jayme.
I'm glad you finally signed up Yellowcat11.

Respectfully, if you are responding to my post I did not stereotype or put one addiction above another.

I simply stated that there are telltale signs often associated with the substance that one is addicted to that differ from one another. And those signs are often distinguishable. No better, no worse, just different.

That said, welcome to Websleuths and glad you finally signed up!

I will not be addressing the topic again as it seems to be not relevant.

I just listened to the neighbors interview. Growing up in Wisconsin and spending time in the northwoods, I have to say I found the interview to be candid and honest. They were a bit nervous given the situation and seem to feel bad as expected. The thing that stuck out is that these people Live in an area where high powered rifles and shotguns are fired regularly for weeks at a time. You get used to sounds and begin to be startled by them Less over time. Of course their location being so close to the crime scene the gunshots would have sounded louder than many, yet, I can’t help but think it was extra loud. IMO this was a highly personal crime and the suspect(s) wanted the parents DEAD and the weapon choice is likely to be a large caliber. I know we don’t know yet, but maybe 12 gauge shotgun or .357 or .44 revolver?
These people know what gunshots sound like, and they emphasized how loud it was. My mind goes to shotgun here.

If you click any name it takes you to a details page. On that page you will see their name again and under there should be two buttons - One called "Main" and one called "Vehicle Information". Click on Vehicle Information.
Whoops! I see it now. Lol. I swear I read the page over and over again looking for a vehicle and clicked print just to make sure i wasn’t looking at it in the wrong format. I never saw the blue vehicle information box until you told me to look for specifically a button to click :oops:

After reviewing the photo of the rifle cases taken from the Closs home, those appear to be DOUBLE rifle bags. If there were no guns found in the Closs home, someone may have stolen JC's multiple, expensive rifles. If that duffle bag over the officer's shoulder was taken from the Closs home, that's an ammo bag. I wonder how many people knew JC owned expensive assault rifles?

Wait! I totally missed that. Are they reporting rifle cases were taken from the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop