Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more often a woman is murdered by a person known to them.
In this article regarding the murder of of the woman in Adelaide it’s said it was random - “Police have described the attack as an apparently random murder with no clear motive“
But here it says - “Detective Chief Inspector Scott Fitzgerald said it appeared the man and woman did know one another”.
Accused killer in court over bashing death of 'beautiful' mum

And increasingly sexual assaults of woman are by predators using dating apps, especially in Queensland:

'He had me trapped': Sexual predators using dating apps to target victims

I think it’s only a matter of time before a woman is killed.

Why is LE searching for familiar DNA?

Police test DNA of residents in Queensland town where woman killed | Daily Mail Online

What Is a Familial DNA Search?
A familial DNA search is a search by law enforcement in DNA databases for genetic information indicating a relative of a person they seek to identify. When a search for an exact match to a DNA sample comes up fruitless, a familial DNA search may bring back a partial match, indicating a sibling, child, parent or other blood relative. For example, DNA from a crime scene might not match any DNA in state or federal databases, but if the person's son had been recently incarcerated and thus his information entered into a state DNA database, a familial DNA search could lead police to the son, and ultimately to their suspect
Familial DNA Searches - FindLaw

Police test DNA of residents in Queensland town where woman killed | Daily Mail Online

A familial DNA search is a search by law enforcement in DNA databases for genetic information indicating a relative of a person they seek to identify. When a search for an exact match to a DNA sample comes up fruitless, a familial DNA search may bring back a partial match, indicating a sibling, child, parent or other blood relative. For example, DNA from a crime scene might not match any DNA in state or federal databases, but if the person's son had been recently incarcerated and thus his information entered into a state DNA database, a familial DNA search could lead police to the son, and ultimately to their suspect

Just covering all their (data)bases :)

In this article regarding the murder of of the woman in Adelaide it’s said it was random - “Police have described the attack as an apparently random murder with no clear motive“
But here it says - “Detective Chief Inspector Scott Fitzgerald said it appeared the man and woman did know one another”.

Yes most often it is someone known to them, sounds like in Adelaide they have obtained more information. I hope they can do the same for Toyah.

Residents told The Courier Mail the dunes were often the scene of 'sexually deviant' behaviour by 'odd bods' and vagrants.

One witness told the paper he and a group of 15 friends were at the northern end of the beach with other families that afternoon.

They were driving back to Cairns near the southern car park, where Ms Cordingley's car was found, when they were waved down by two scruffily dressed men 'in a highly agitated state' on the side of the highway in a white 4WD ute with a flat tyre.

The witness has given a statement to police.

'We stopped to help, and they were in a really stressed state,' he told the publication.

'It might be nothing, but they were really strange, and in a real panic to get out of there.'
Friends rally around boyfriend of Toyah Cordingley, 24, murdered on Wangetti Beach | Daily Mail Online

Residents told The Courier Mail the dunes were often the scene of 'sexually deviant' behaviour by 'odd bods' and vagrants.

One witness told the paper he and a group of 15 friends were at the northern end of the beach with other families that afternoon.

They were driving back to Cairns near the southern car park, where Ms Cordingley's car was found, when they were waved down by two scruffily dressed men 'in a highly agitated state' on the side of the highway in a white 4WD ute with a flat tyre.

The witness has given a statement to police.

'We stopped to help, and they were in a really stressed state,' he told the publication.

'It might be nothing, but they were really strange, and in a real panic to get out of there.'
Friends rally around boyfriend of Toyah Cordingley, 24, murdered on Wangetti Beach | Daily Mail Online

Maybe they had seen the body and wished to get out of there, some people panic and don't call for help, they could have been purely panicked about the tyre. However it is some good information that I hope opens up some conversations!

View attachment 152957

Would you be hesitant approaching a person with a dog this size and would you lay your hands on the person?
I’m thinking the murderer knew the dog.
I agree, if it was that dog you would either need to befriend it or know it already, surely! It will involve how the dog ended up being tied to a tree, once that occurred the obstacle was out of the way. I wonder how that happened? Hmmm.

Looking at both profiles, never once are they tied to something on a lead. They seem to walk freely on the beach.

No they aren't, but Indie seems to have a strap around her muzzle in pics of her on the beach. Wonder if this is because she's such a large dog, I don't know the rules in Qld for dangerous dogs.

Attachments

• 18.10.26 Indi at the Beach Insta pic 2.JPG
    18.10.26 Indi at the Beach Insta pic 2.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 24
No they aren't, but Indie seems to have a strap around her muzzle in pics of her on the beach. Wonder if this is because she's such a large dog, I don't know the rules in Qld for dangerous dogs.
...and if that happened and the strap was around her muzzle, then the threat may have been less for the perp as it is not as if she can bite you.

Attachments

• Jersey c.jpg
    Jersey c.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 16
...and if that happened and the strap was around her muzzle, then the threat may have been less for the perp as it is not as if she can bite you.

It doesn't look that restrictive to me. Indie seems like such a calm dog I don't know if she would be that protective. I know mine would eat you if you come into my house uninvited, but out on a walk she's everyone's friend. o_O

Familial DNA is essentially an avenue of narrowing down a suspect via DNA link with a relative of the suspect.

For example : The suspect/s don't need to have their own DNA on a database. However, if (for example) a sibling / child / parent / or a cousin of the suspect/s have DNA on a database, this allows LE to potentially narrow down on suspects who may or may not already be on the radar.

Familial DNA is largely what caught the Golden State Killer after a decades-old cold case.

Right. It was random, and they knew each other.

Its bad enough losing a child but to lose them in the manner like Toyah and then be the one to find her, is beyond words. :(
Looking at Troys FB you can tell he was VERY close to Toyah with the many beautiful and silly photos they took together. and his slight obsession with Batman haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member