AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they need a phone to get records? Seems not to be the case these days...but maybe some things are possible with actual phone only? I have no idea...my phone is just a phone :(

That would actually be different from my theory because it would include revenge against a particular family. My theory is that these people are extremely cruel and barbaric, so the Closs family, which look as innocent as can be, would actually make sense.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Gunkshoe! :)
I agree that whoever did this is cruel and barbaric.​

Something like 1/3 of all murders remain unsolved, including some of the ones brought up as similar in this thread. We have no guarantees.

Well, it's more than a third and while it's true that some remain unsolved, murder is the crime most likely to be solved in the US.

Also, the fact that some go unsolved doesn't merit the constant negativity and hopelessness and criticism of LE that I've seen some express on a routine basis.

Sometimes the evidence just isn't there or isn't enough to solve the crime. That doesn't mean LE isn't doing its job or needs to give the general public information so we all can take a crack at it.

And in most of the cases I've seen LE does end up solving it and was working the case hard and smart while people were criticizing their every move or the lack of info.

This can be solved. I'm going to stay positive.

You don't break any glass.... My knowledge of how to rock the lock and slide the doors off the tracks comes from being locked out of my own house years ago...

Without giving any more details on the how, is this something that can be done quickly and without making noise? If not then that may be why perp(s) chose the front door instead.

yes and i keep thinking there HAD to be footprints----- they shot him at the door and then entered the house, has to be blood being stepped in at some point, they must know the shoe size of the person or people who were in the house
It’s certainly possible that there were bloody footprints, but there’s no guarantee of that.

It depends on the location of the victim, the amount of blood that is shed, and the viability of a perpetrator being able to avoid the blood.

But footprints also don’t have to be made in blood.

I think it’s more probable than not, that LE does have something to work with in that regard.

The problem is the fact that footprints don’t tell you who a killer is. They can rule people in or out, and help make a case when a perpetrator is caught, but unless they are really unique, they probably won’t catch him/them.

Hi guys, I’ve been away and very behind. Not sure if this has been posted yet or discussed? Sorry if repost!

(Not sure if related but the vehicles sure do look similar imo)

Car discovered in Fox River in Oshkosh

259e174f-ceca-4d69-a83d-835706c60c4f-large16x9_oshkosh4.jpg
Hellooooooo Margarita ! You are late to the party, but I saved you a good seat and a Dr. Pepper.

I wonder how long it will take for them to release the info on whos car was found in the river and determine if this has possibly anything to do with the Closs case? Automobiles have vin#s in a few places. Was it reported stolen?
If you look at the car pulled from the river and Google an older model (2008 ish) Dodge Challenger, I could see how this could be one of the cars they're looking for. Sounds like the camera footage they have isn't the clearest- just sayin.

Mountain_Kat, from previous thread: post 853.

"That's why I don't find it relevant whether or not the neighbors ever saw the family out in the yard or not. It's not like the houses were side by side with adjoining lawns or anything. It's not like they have sidewalks they would walk on a regular basis. I live in a very rural area, it is NOT uncommon not to see your neighbors out doing things on their properties, and yet...grass still gets cut, gardens get tended, cars still get washed, etc. etc."

I agree.
What happens at neighbors is often missed, even if on very friendly terms.
My neighbor, living 10 meters away, saves me his lawn cuttings for my mulch, after he mows the lawns with a NOISY ELECTRIC MOWER, from the NATURE STRIP from front of his house, very visible to all.
When I notice the pile of clippings at front my place I realize, he mowed the lawn: often I notice a few days later, as the clippings aren't fresh!!!
So potting plants, cutting down tree branches, having a new car, in his driveway, are not obvious unless I walk past his house! 10 meters away! Not a remote area.

You don't kick in a sliding glass door. I know how you get them open but because I'm not a criminal, I'm not giving the instructions on how to open glass sliders.. Just in case it would give someone reading one day an idea they shouldn't have.. if they don't already know. ;)

But maybe they didn't know that or think to look it up?

Actually it's even worse than that. Latest figures show 61% are "cleared".
The balance remains unsolved.
The standards of charging someone is higher now than they used to be, which skews the numbers a bit.

Gang killings are notoriously difficult to solve because witnesses don’t come forward. That doesn’t help either.

I will say it again, why would one break down a door when all he/she/them had to do was walk approx 25 feet around the corner of house and break the glass patio door. :confused:
That should give us maybe some insight on perp(s)

Interesting perspective. But we don't know that the glass slider wasn't broken as well. The only clear view I have seen of that slider door, it appears to be an open doorway. Is there one that shows the glass intact on both sides of the slider? Some have speculated there was more than one perp. I lean towards there being only one person myself, but someone kicking down the door and/or shooting whomever came to it could have been a distraction if there was more than one person.

The side doorway on the deck can be seen in this video at about .34:

Well, it's more than a third and while it's true that some remain unsolved, murder is the crime most likely to be solved in the US.

Also, the fact that some go unsolved doesn't merit the constant negativity and hopelessness and criticism of LE that I've seen some express on a routine basis.

Sometimes the evidence just isn't there or isn't enough to solve the crime. That doesn't mean LE isn't doing its job or needs to give the general public information so we all can take a crack at it.

And in most of the cases I've seen LE does end up solving it and was working the case hard and smart while people were criticizing their every move or the lack of info.

This can be solved. I'm going to stay positive.
I was not making a judgement on LE performance in this case. I think they are doing a great job. Was just supplying current information on homicide clearance rates.

RE: car found in fox river...

It isn’t on the list of cars of interest. But the listed cars may not be involved in the Closs Case either. The drivers and or passengers could be of interest as possible witnesses. MAybe one or both
Though not the type car listed to my untrained eye it looks similar. Hope it is related and will yield clues.

The standards of conviction are higher now than they used to be, which skews the numbers a bit.

Gang killings are notoriously difficult to solve because witnesses don’t come forward. That doesn’t help either.
I don't believe these figures are based on convictions. I might be wrong, but from what I've read so far it is based on indictments.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

I see zero that's incriminating in any way that the neighbors have said. I don't think they need a lawyer.

Yes. I notice some are very quick to consistently criticize LE, case after case, "Well no word from LE. Must mean they don't know anything." Or they need more info on a defendant and likely have the wrong person. Or they don't know what they're doing. I've seen it on case after case. Kaytlynn Cargill. Mariah Woods. Sherin Matthews. Blaze Bernstein. Heck even with Mollie Tibbets, AFTER they solved the case, "well they had nothing. See. I knew it."

This stuff can be hard to work but I get tired of the endless criticism of LE. It's like clockwork.

Maybe we should try positivity for a change!!!

Criticizing LE and saying "they don't know anything" are two very different things.

If you assume that people are being critical of LE when they say that you'd be wrong most of the time.

In this case, I don't think LE has anything real solid as far as a suspect or motive, but I also don't think they are doing anything wrong. LE certainly appears to be working hard, they just haven't caught a break yet. Some cases are tough.

When someone says something like "I don't think they have much" or something along those lines, what they are saying is "this one might take a while." It's only negative if you take it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member