AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lean towards there being only one person myself, but someone kicking down the door and/or shooting whomever came to it could have been a distraction if there was more than one person.
Yup could have had one (or more) bad guy by the glass door ready to grab the females while one kicked in the front door to get the dad out of the way.

Maybe tonight I will ask my Amazon Echo Show "Alexa, where is Jayme?" :( But seriously I hope and pray everyday she will be found and returned to her relatives. Other than that just supporting all those with their "boots on the ground" in their non-stop effort to locate her.

would emergency rooms, drs, etc be keeping a eye out for anyone that came in with a injury that they could have gotten during a crime?

Emergency department staff are always alert for patients with injuries that appear to be crime-related. Also for injuries that don’t match the description of the incident or mechanism of injury that the patient provides.

I keep wondering why, when the nine-one-one operator was listening to the call, that they classified it as a potential suicide. Something on that call let them to believe such. I'm trying to think of a scenario that would make them think such.
Perhaps, just chaos on the phone line? Have we seen documentation that the operator was the one who classified it as a possible suicide? I’ve only seen that it was the first responder who suggested that.

I went out and tested my slider, thanks to @SeekingJana's info, which is scary. Luckily, mine would not budge at all. Not even a tiny bit! It's a newer model and was tightly sealed.

Do we know how old the Closs home is? I wonder how old the windows and slider are?

The website that was posted was supposed to scare you so you buy their services and products. This is a very frustrating thing to see as someone in the industry.

I went out and tested my slider, thanks to @SeekingJana's info, which is scary. Luckily, mine would not budge at all. Not even a tiny bit! It's a newer model and was tightly sealed.

Do we know how old the Closs home is? I wonder how old the windows and slider are?
Per realtor.com I believe the home last sold in around 2001 but don’t quote me. The thing on the lawn doesn’t look rusty so I’m not thinking old tv antenna. It almost seems to be part of an old (?) path - perhaps overgrown elsewhere leading to driveway?

Sometimes I think this is directed toward parents and Jayme was an afterthought...a bit of a 'oh crap' moment...now what to do....that's why they are there so long.

If it was someone who knew the family, maybe Jayme often spent the night somewhere else, or typically spent Sunday nights somewhere else, or maybe someone had reason to believe she would be somewhere else that particular night?

I keep a dowel rod in the bottom of my sliding glass door to prevent someone from siding it open. Unless "slip one door off the tracks" means something different than sliding it open. :)

You also need something above the sliding door so it can't be lifted. My slider had screws put in the upper track, screwed in just far enough that they cleared the door but so that the door could not be lifted at all. They can be removed if for some reason the door needs to be lifted out.
Or, I think you can slide dowling up there, just make sure it's large enough to prevent lifting.

I would think a sliding door would have very strong glass, sometimes double paned.

Many are double pane but moreso in “newer” homes. I doubt the closss had insulated units in their sliding doors. But I am sure it was tempered glass (bc, codes) which is way stronger than regular plate glass.

Emergency department staff are always alert for patients with injuries that appear to be crime-related. Also for injuries that don’t match the description of the incident or mechanism of injury that the patient provides.
I would think LE would have checked that out right away. Especially if there was evidence at the crime scene to make them believe he may have an injury. Jmo

True. Bashing down a door. Using something apparently super high calibre and thus noisy...

Makes me think either super enraged, super stupid, or super psychopathic and enjoyed the drama and fear of the crime.

Really narrows it down, right?

I’m not certain that’s a solid wood door from the single pic I saw. some doors are what’s called hollow core and if the lock was weak and lacking a deadbolt it would be easy to push it in. As I said I can’t tell.

There is so much we don’t know. But I can only speculate that the feds have a department/division that investigated social media of all types. They probably know more about the Closs family now than they knew about themselves.

I don’t believe Jaymie seems the type to was have been involved in the murder of her parents. This is far to tragic.

Someone knows and it’s a matter of time before law enforcement finds her.

And I’m certain that the killers at least left DNA behind. No one leaves nothing. That’s a scientific fact. I hope LE was thorough enough to find it.

Last edited:
If it was someone who knew the family, maybe Jayme often spent the night somewhere else, or typically spent Sunday nights somewhere else, or maybe someone had reason to believe she would be somewhere else that particular night?

Seems unlikely (to me) that they would think that, given that it was a Sunday night, with school the next morning.

Just because a killer is able to come and go and not leave any trace, doesn’t necessarily indicate a high level of planning.

This guy took tremendous risks, lucked out that the neighbors didn’t call the police, and escaped the scene before the police arrived by the skin of his teeth.

Whatever his purpose in committing this crime, there were easier ways to have done it.

I just think luck was on his side that night.

I’m hoping his luck changes.
Agreed. Luck, it happens.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

I see zero that's incriminating in any way that the neighbors have said. I don't think they need a lawyer.

Yes. I notice some are very quick to consistently criticize LE, case after case, "Well no word from LE. Must mean they don't know anything." Or they need more info on a defendant and likely have the wrong person. Or they don't know what they're doing. I've seen it on case after case. Kaytlynn Cargill. Mariah Woods. Sherin Matthews. Blaze Bernstein. Heck even with Mollie Tibbets, AFTER they solved the case, "well they had nothing. See. I knew it."

This stuff can be hard to work but I get tired of the endless criticism of LE. It's like clockwork.

Maybe we should try positivity for a change!!!

I thing a large part of the issue is we, as a society, expect everything immediately now a days. Also, T.V has ruined us. If you watch Criminal Minds they would have solved this 10 days ago. I think people have that same expectation once the FBI gets involved. In a world of instant gratification coupled with television drama shows making it look so easy people get frustrated relatively quickly.

Seems unlikely (to me) that they would think that, given that it was a Sunday night, with school the next morning.

Hasn’t it been previously stated that that Monday was an “in-service” day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get