AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sadly agree with you. Some of the most horrific cases I have read involving meth head suspects were unbelievably violent..before and when/how the murders were carried out.

The 2 worst kidnapping and murder cases in Tennesee history were done by meth heads.

I have read several articles about meth addicts when they are engorged with meth.

They can become extremely violent against anyone whether they know them or not. It also said their libido is greatly heightened as well and they are prone to have extreme abnormal rages against others.

Its frightening as heck to me.just reading about what they are capable of doing to other human beings.
The behavior shocked me when we began getting meth cases. It was a whole different animal then drugs cases we were used to. Back then I was on the other end of the arrest and conducting pre-sentence investigations for the court. Reading the arrest reports made my hair stand. It had the same effect on many in LE. The behavior was something we had only seen in someone having a psychotic break or episode. Interviewing the person in jail a week or so later was another shocker because the before and after behavior were night and day and very different from cases involving other drugs because of the extreme behavior. Not all were violent cases but still indicative of meths effect on the brain. One case the a man forced his way through a door when the (random) home owner answered by opening the door only a crack. Once in he did nothing but walk into the kitchen in a zombie state. The home owners yelling and screaming made him run out. Police found him hiding in the bushes. He had taken his clothes off and was profusely sweating from the drug. Another similar case: (random) homeowners returned and found a man hiding behind their couch in a heightened state of paranoia. Another found a man taking a bubble bath. All spur of the moment, random, and no motive what so ever. Two meth cases involving violence will always stick in my mind. Both because of the horrific violence but one because I had supervised this person years before but violated and ended up gwhere a mother and daughter had there home randomly broke into, were beaten & raped, strangled then set on fire. No reason.
I’m sure I’m late but it’s in this one:
Former FBI official gives insight on Jayme Closs investigation

“If there are no further solid leads by the end of the week, this once 24-7 law enforcement operation will be drawn down entirely, according to the Barron County Sheriff.“
TY!

Thank you MM.

It is truly heartbreaking how many communities are being destroyed by the drug epidemic

I have read that meth is one of the worst because it makes those who are addicted to it extremely hostile and violent.

I am sure LE is looking into that angle since it's such a prevalent ongoing problem.

I am so thankful drug addictions have never struck any of my own family members and I pray it never does.

It creates so much victimization throughout all communities and includes so many innocent victims.

Imo

And also creates permanent mental disabilities. No one walks away from meth unscathed. They're paranoid, depressed and have lower mental faculties for the rest of their lives.

The behavior shocked me when we began getting meth cases. It was a whole different animal then drugs cases we were used to. Back then I was on the other end of the arrest and conducting pre-sentence investigations for the court. Reading the arrest reports made my hair stand. It had the same effect on many in LE. The behavior was something we had only seen in someone having a psychotic break or episode. Interviewing the person in jail a week or so later was another shocker because the before and after behavior were night and day and very different from cases involving other drugs because of the extreme behavior. Not all were violent cases but still indicative of meths effect on the brain. One case the a man forced his way through a door when the (random) home owner answered by opening the door only a crack. Once in he did nothing but walk into the kitchen in a zombie state. The home owners yelling and screaming made him run out. Police found him hiding in the bushes. He had taken his clothes off and was profusely sweating from the drug. Another similar case: (random) homeowners returned and found a man hiding behind their couch in a heightened state of paranoia. Another found a man taking a bubble bath. All spur of the moment, random, and no motive what so ever. Two meth cases involving violence will always stick in my mind. Both because of the horrific violence but one because I had supervised this person years before but violated and ended up gwhere a mother and daughter had there home randomly broke into, were beaten & raped, strangled then set on fire. No reason.

TY!

Just reading this strikes fear in my heart.

It seems to be no rhyme or reasoning behind many of the vicious attacks..

How can any innocent person or family going about their daily lives ever protect themselves from those plotting to do such grave harm when they dont even have a clue they may be being targeted by them???

Imo

I am curious right now as to why they announced that this guy had broken in to the house, revealing that they had cameras surveying the property. If they were waiting for someone to come back to the home, you would think that they would keep that information quiet. Strange that they are reporting that the house is being turned over to family, etc. when they are letting out so little other information. Why do you think they would report KJA's crime if it was unrelated to Jayme's disappearance???

Edit: New info directly from Sheriff.
From a Press Conference on 10/16 (20:20):
There was a family gathering, family was there.
No, it was not at their home.
I don’t know the reason for the gathering.
Family was there. I don’t know if all of the family was there.

(see rainynights post #339 for PC video)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
People Magazine (online, link below) has an article dated Oct. 16; it says the family gathering was at the Closs home.

Has this been discussed, clarified or corrected by LE?

It may explain why the red truck is parked to the right side of the driveway, and further down - if he arrived home from work and there were still guests parked in the driveway, he may have left room for them to drive out.

Link: Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering

Last edited:
<modsnip>

Welcome to Websleuths, WatchingShadows!

Per reporter Paul Blume, crews were out at the home yesterday cleaning up. The post does not indicate what time they may have left, however. Paul Blume on Twitter

IMO, the Sheriff has done a great job in squashing rumors via Facebook. As of today, I haven't seen anything new posted on that page since Monday. Barron County Sheriff's Department

Last edited by a moderator:
People Magazine (online, link below) has an article dated Oct. 16; it says the family gathering was at the Closs home.

It may explain why the red truck is parked to the right side of the driveway, and further down - if he arrived home from work and there were still guests parked in the driveway, he may have left room for them to drive out.

Link: Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering

Pretty sure this is incorrect info. I do not believe the party was at the Closs home. I will look for link

If this is true then this may add another layer for me that this might be someone who was at the gathering? Someone who, from that day, became familiar with the family home.

Although, not widely speculated so I'm taking this information with a grain of salt.

Pretty sure this is incorrect info. I do not believe the party was at the Closs home. I will look for link

This is the first I have heard of that. That would explain why I've been puzzling over the 2 picnic tables with stuff all over them, the 2 odd blue chairs that seem out of place, and the truck being parked where it's parked.

NOT saying I believe the People info at all, just saying...hmmmm.

This was discussed some time ago and the Sherrif was asked on video if it was at the Closs home and he said no. Clarified on this thread as the Grandfather's house.

hi not sure if this is a plausible theory, but could jayme have been taken by a mother and father who had recently lost their daughter? as a replacement?

Thank you. I thought so too. I saw this last night and spent a significant amount of time searching last night and this morning for anything more about the gathering. I'd think 'People' would have made an edit/correction by now. (but I digress - the current state of sloppy journalism = errrr!)

hi not sure if this is a plausible theory, but could jayme have been taken by a mother and father who had recently lost their daughter? as a replacement?

I just don't see crazed with grief parents murdering two other parents in cold blood just to replace their dead child with a 13 year old girl who isn't their child. It's one thing with a newborn, but a feisty teenager isn't going to just go along with pretending to be your dead daughter.

I thought I read somewhere that it was at the grandfathers home but it may have just been speculation. I do know that the sheriff would not give out any information about where the party was and that it's been consistently reported that way. Jmo

From a Press Conference on 10/16 (20:20):

There was a family gathering, family was there.

No, it was not at their home.

I don’t know the reason for the gathering.

Family was there. I don’t know if all of the family was there.

Anything is possible. But this is unlikely imo. This is not something that we see often. Very, very rarely. And when it has happened, it's usually younger children.

They tried to steal a child to bring her up as their own in the Savannah case out of one of the Dakotas. Of course, they were caught but again, that was a baby who if they did get away with it, would have known no different.

Not sure if it’s been posted already, but the True Crime Garage podcast covered this case in their latest episode yesterday. Overall it was a good recap, although some details seemed to missed such as not knowing the breed or size of the dog, leading me to believe they didn’t see the press conference with the aunts.

The only thing that made me rethink the plausible theories already discussed was one of the hosts commenting on why the perpetrator(s) would NOT assume a 13 year old would be home in bed with her parents at that time. So it leads me to believe that either a) they knew and carried out this attack Bc Jayme was intended target, or b) it was someone unfamiliar with the family and it was randomly targeted. Or a road rage/rage of any kind incident.

I know these are widely different conclusions and the thought doesn’t point to one over the other, but it is worth noting that as an only child, Jayme was the center of her parents’ lives. It would be hard to imagine that anyone who worked with them for a period of time wouldn’t know this. Going on the coworker theory...Could it be someone who recently started at the factory and for some reason held a grudge or thought they had a house worth targeting for a home invasion, not knowing them long enough to know about Jayme? And why, then, was nothing taken as far as we know? I get it, he could have been caught off guard when realizing there was a child present, but it does make me wonder.

In fact, in made me wonder a lot and mostly about the theories we’ve already covered. I just can’t help but keep thinking about that one point that was made. Why would anyone who knew the family assume Jayme wouldn’t be there?? Does that make Jayme the primary target? I have no answers but thought I’d share in case it sparked any new or fresh theories from anyone here.

I think the quick level of deadly violence seems to lessen the robbery angle. It's a lot to risk for an iffy payout. Who keeps cash around in this age of debit cards? And, really, kill somebody to steal a TV that's going to pawn for $100? If it was robbery, then there's a lot more of value in that house than we have any reason to suspect. Locally, we had three family members murdered because they thought the father was holding a large sum of cash for his drug-lord boss. We've heard no such rumors in this case.

The level of violence seems to indicate either lots of anger or a premeditated plan to grab Jayme at any cost. If it was only anger, then why not kill her, too? After killing two, I really don't see them suddenly going soft-hearted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member