AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of you that were around in the Missy Beavers case, didn’t the FBI bring in a special piece of equipment that could detect cell phones? Perhaps it was similar to a drone in that it could go into different areas and detect cell phones even if they were not on.

Wonder if this equipment is being used in the Jayme case?

Do you guys think there is a possibility that this is sort of a Gypsy Rose situation where it was an online boyfriend or just friend who manipulated and took advantage of Jayme? It would be hard to investigate since either Jayme didn't have a phone/computer or her captor took it with her, but maybe it's something that could be taken into consideration. It seems like the killer must have had at least some basic knowledge of the family to commit what they did.

Do you guys think there is a possibility that this is sort of a Gypsy Rose situation where it was an online boyfriend or just friend who manipulated and took advantage of Jayme? It would be hard to investigate since either Jayme didn't have a phone/computer or her captor took it with her, but maybe it's something that could be taken into consideration. It seems like the killer must have had at least some basic knowledge of the family to commit what they did.

That was what I initially thought when I first heard about the case, but I have moved away from that theory now. I think that had that been what happened, the digital trail would've been easier to follow.

Question, please?

How do you access the ‘Draft Saved’? It pops up to tell me it is saved. Then I hit Post, my post disappears, and the Draft Saved can’t be found. TIA.

So far it appears that they have not found any evidence of this, but I think that they are searching every angle and will continue to do so. Imo

Hello & Welcome!
It's possible. We've discussed it. I think with the FBI involved, it'd be difficult to remain anonymous or have online secrets, but that does take time to process.

For any of you that were around in the Missy Beavers case, didn’t the FBI bring in a special piece of equipment that could detect cell phones? Perhaps it was similar to a drone in that it could go into different areas and detect cell phones even if they were not on.

Wonder if this equipment is being used in the Jayme case?

Yes, the stingray. I hope they're trying to use the same resources for this case.

Didn't seem to help at all since they're still grasping at straws in that case and the last SW they served was on a guy a full 5 inches shorter then what the FBI reported the perps height was, but maybe it will be of more help in this instance.

I think we need to give up on the McDonald’s comment, most likely used as an example in those earliest days...examples are nearly always given for searchers and the public would not be told anything so specific as LE would want to find and handle such items themselves, if they existed. Imo LE merely wanted searchers to take note of everything .

My apologies, I misunderstood

Somebody several threads back mentioned what seemed like an abnormally high number of registered sex offenders in the area and others have mentioned quite a few drug related offenses. I hadn’t seen this though, just a good old local “police beat.” I’m getting the distinct impression that this area has a lot more problems than I initially thought.

Courthouse News
Wow. I wonder if that's high for a population of 45,000. Maybe someone can do a little comparitive research.

The thing that bothers me is they never mention it. I am sure LE is doing everything they can, without a doubt.

True but they know nothing about this person or persons, so they can only ask that the public be aware of Jayme being missing. No description, no gender...just those possible vehicles if they are associated. I do get what you are saying that LE seems focused on Jayme and seldom mentions the murders but it is all one crime.

I immediately thought of a similar type scenario.
Gypsy was the name that came to mind, but after learning more about the family, I am on the fence now.
In Gypsy's case, there was a lot going on behind closed doors and the public knew nothing about any of it.
Gypsy was kept away from
family, it seems Jayme really only had contact with family for the most part outside of school functions and dance classes.
Perhaps she was able to play with friends more than we realize. Her needing a caretaker (not a babysitter in a 13 yo mind) and the possibility of the parents working odd hours, it does seem less likely that she was allowed to have friends over like most 13 yo girls.
However in this town with many people being employed by the Jenny O plant, it may have been normal for kids not to have friends over much in the area.
Moo

While I know money and budgets are a major concern for every LE or FBI department, it never crossed my mind that when a live person had been abducted /kidnapped, that money would be a question as to how a search would be considered.

Going along with a search, would be conducting any and all tests on every item that might have an identifier on it. This is the most frightening thing to know that tests may not be done due to money!

If this is the case, ask a wealthy community member(s) to donate the needed money. In a small community like this, the need for donations are probably few and far between for a case like Jayme’s.

I am horrified and sick if this has actually happened in this case!

Doing the online part of a case can take ages, unlike TV lol. Especially as so many new apps are out there, seemingly every week or month, that teens seem to find. And as I said before, there is even the chance of striking up conversations on the comment sections of regular websites, I have done it on one I look at regularly. A perp might convince a teen to contact them another way, posing as a girl her own age. I assume LE would look at these things but seasoned perps mask their IPS addresses, move around etc...it is a big project for the experts, imo.

Ok I have to put my 5 cents in here ...

A little OT but when 2 year old James Bulger was murdered in the U.K. by two 10 year old boys, Venables and Thompson in 1993, the CCTV in the case was virtually not viewable and certainly you could not make out any pertinent conversation. However, it was eventually sent to NASA, yes NASA space agency in the USA and they were able to clean up both the visual and audio to enable them to be published and the boys responsible to be identified .

That was February 13th 1993.

We are now in November 2018, some 25 years later. And technological advancement since then has seen a meteoric rise in what can be achieved.

So let’s put this into perspective in relation to the inaudible content of the 911 call - and can we be expected to believe that it can’t be ‘cleaned up’ with a view to the audio being advanced and the Sheriff being able to determine exactly what was said on the 911??? Because in the absence of other evidence, I think the 911 call is of most importance. All MOO

It’s possible nothing was actually spoken / said during the call. Could be just a lot of noise. But. That would render their earlier statement that a lot of yelling could be heard. I also have read there was a disturbance in the background. Sooooo which is it? Both? One or the other? Neither?

While I know money and budgets are a major concern for every LE or FBI department, it never crossed my mind that when a live person had been abducted /kidnapped, that money would be a question as to how a search would be considered.

Going along with a search, would be conducting any and all tests on every item that might have an identifier on it. This is the most frightening thing to know that tests may not be done due to money!

If this is the case, ask a wealthy community member(s) to donate the needed money. In a small community like this, the need for donations are probably few and far between for a case like Jayme’s.

I am horrified and sick if this has actually happened in this case!

Money has to be well-spent though...they are using their resources to attack the online issues for now, as nothing else is panning out. There is only so much they can do without new information. They can’t just keep 200 people waiting around for a break. They will get more help again if the case breaks.

Due to some personal experiences with tragedies and the reporting thereafter, I will always trust the local news more than the big news machines. Those articles are based on an earlier report (which was also published in the local newspaper before those articles). The articles you link were published BEFORE the article I linked to. It's not unusual for details to become clearer as more statements by officials are made. The statement from the sheriff is quite clear that they hope to have preliminary autopsy reports and ID by Friday morning.

MOO, of course, and YMMV.

It’s possible nothing was actually spoken / said during the call. Could be just a lot of noise. But. That would render their earlier statement that a lot of yelling could be heard. I also have read there was a disturbance in the background. Sooooo which is it? Both? One or the other? Neither?

Even if there was yelling...apparently it is of no investigative use, other than maybe letting LE know that Jayme was still there at that point. Maybe any yelling was matched to voice records belonging to her, since they believe she was there...which, where else would she be? They may be assuming she was there or they may know by her voice. If hers was the only voice, no point in sharing the call with the public.

True but they know nothing about this person or persons, so they can only ask that the public be aware of Jayme being missing. No description, no gender...just those possible vehicles if they are associated. I do get what you are saying that LE seems focused on Jayme and seldom mentions the murders but it is all one crime.

They must know a lot more about the person or persons than they are saying. We've talked here about all kinds of questions we have, which could be answered with a little more information that LE clearly does have. Such as, positions of the bodies, what they were wearing, blood spatter, what's with the chair, etc etc. They don't know "nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member