AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to some personal experiences with tragedies and the reporting thereafter, I will always trust the local news more than the big news machines. Those articles are based on an earlier report (which was also published in the local newspaper before those articles). The articles you link were published BEFORE the article I linked to. It's not unusual for details to become clearer as more statements by officials are made. The statement from the sheriff is quite clear that they hope to have preliminary autopsy reports and ID by Friday morning.

MOO, of course, and YMMV.
That's awful to imagine that someone would just dump another person in a field to decompose :( I sure hope this has nothing to do with Jayme. I'm surprised that there's no initial identification as far as age, height, or sex, must be pretty bad. I guess we'll know a bit more tomorrow though...

If this was just about an obsession with Jayme, there would've been infinite other scenarios that a perp could've gotten her without also killing two people. Makes me think that he/she/they felt they were "rescuing" her by waiting until a time of evening where the presence of both parents would not have been in doubt.

JMO.

True but they know nothing about this person or persons, so they can only ask that the public be aware of Jayme being missing. No description, no gender...just those possible vehicles if they are associated. I do get what you are saying that LE seems focused on Jayme and seldom mentions the murders but it is all one crime.

I agree, but if somebody in one of those suspect vehicles picked up Jayme on the street when she was by herself, thinking she needed a ride on a dark HWY at 1:00 am that night they sure picked the wrong young girl to pick up that night.

She had to have been really scared and may have thought that was her best option under the really bad/scary circumstances?? I think if I saw that go down at my house, and it happened in front of my eyes I would run also. And I am an adult. Just saying. We all would most likely would have run away as fast as we could.

Even if there was yelling...apparently it is of no investigative use, other than maybe letting LE know that Jayme was still there at that point. Maybe any yelling was matched to voice records belonging to her, since they believe she was there...which, where else would she be? They may be assuming she was there or they may know by her voice. If hers was the only voice, no point in sharing the call with the public.
I wonder if they were even able to discern voices at all. Early reports said a lot of yelling. I think that’s also what The dispatch log says too but I’d have to check to be sure and I don’t have it handy just now. So I wonder what does the tape hold? What’s confusing about it? :/

I agree, but if somebody in one of those suspect vehicles picked up Jayme on the street when she was by herself, thinking she needed a ride on a dark HWY at 1:00 am that night they sure picked the wrong young girl to pick up that night.

She had to have been really scared and may have thought that was her best option under the really bad/scary circumstances?? I think if I saw that go down at my house, and it happened in front of my eyes I would run also. And I am an adult. Just saying. We all would most likely would have run away as fast as we could.
So are you proposing a theory that perhaps she hitchhiked her way out of there out of terror? Infersting. I can’t imagine it going down that way but ya never know.

That's awful to imagine that someone would just dump another person in a field to decompose :( I sure hope this has nothing to do with Jayme. I'm surprised that there's no initial identification as far as age, height, or sex, must be pretty bad. I guess we'll know a bit more tomorrow though...

None that they're sharing - that's all we really know. I, too, hope this isn't related to Jayme. Someone's life will change tomorrow, though. :(

I wonder if they were even able to discern voices at all. Early reports said a lot of yelling. I think that’s also what The dispatch log says too but I’d have to check to be sure and I don’t have it handy just now. So I wonder what does the tape hold? What’s confusing about it? :/
How long was the call? How many voices were heard? Was there a male voice, two male voices? Was there background commotion, some kind of struggle heard?

A few days ago, I scoffed at the idea that it was a co-worker of the parents because I figured a co-worker would likely have been noticed by now. Someone pointed out that it could be a former co-worker. I've been on the company's local facebook page and looking at profiles. Nothing of serious note, but what a rabbit hole I've found myself digging into.
It could also be a former temp worker who was not hired on full-time and is angry about it. I'm still not certain about DS' job responsibilities. I also wonder if either of them were supervisors.

Pondering the idea that the tape is confusing. Hmm. What is it they hear? Dragging sounds? Furniture being moved? Objects being thrown? Voices? Tv? Radio? Many things at once? A machine? What machine? Hm... Walkie talkie? Cell phone being used by someone else (buttons being pressed and being? Other far away voices on speaker phone maybe)

Just wondering out loud.

Too many possible options.

So are you proposing a theory that perhaps she hitchhiked her way out of there out of terror? Infersting. I can’t imagine it going down that way but ya never know.

I don't think she was hitchhiking that's for sure, she was just scared and most likely crying and had to get away ASAP. I really do not know it is just a possibility. It comes back to how come they are not mentioning finding the killer so much in this case? In most cases, people/LE always want to find the perp. This one is just different in so many ways.

I will always trust the local news more than the big news machines.

Oh, I agree, as long as the local reporting is good and stays current, I will believe them over what comes off the wire. (Though where I'm located I get the best local news from what you call a big news machine. The more local one usually being several days behind, on local news!)
Anyway I was just sharing why I said, that LE had said that they were waiting to notify family. Cus that's what the majority of news sources said.

I was writing off a McDonald's burger post when the thread ended.

The McDonald's burger reminded me of how LE found a suspect for the murder of four people, in their Maryland home, 2015. The suspect left DNA evidence from the crust of a Domino's pizza that was delivered to the home."

"Hunger and perhaps an oversight may have caused the suspect to leave a critical clue in this growing murder mystery that has captivated and terrified Washington. A law enforcement source noted that the suspect appeared to have eaten the pizza with gloves on, not realizing that his saliva was being left behind. “They’ll eat food from the refrigerator and thereby leave their DNA. Or they’ll leave their cigarette butts and leave their saliva."

Savvas Savopoulos, 46; Amy Savopoulos, 47; their 10-year-old son, Philip; and housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa, 57, were held captive overnight in the multimillion-dollar Northwest Washington home, then killed before the house was set afire the following day."

How a Domino’s pizza crust led police to a suspect in mysterious D.C. slayings

I am not saying this is why LE said to turn in a burger if found. It just reminded me of how the Maryland murders were solved. Food and saliva. And the pizza crust was found at the home, not outdoors, elements

Hm made me wonder: did they find a half eaten Mcdonald’s hamburger or something at the residence or on the grounds?

Do you guys think there is a possibility that this is sort of a Gypsy Rose situation where it was an online boyfriend or just friend who manipulated and took advantage of Jayme? It would be hard to investigate since either Jayme didn't have a phone/computer or her captor took it with her, but maybe it's something that could be taken into consideration. It seems like the killer must have had at least some basic knowledge of the family to commit what they did.
Wasn't the boyfriend in the Gypsy Rose case also from Wisconsin? I thought about that case but that one had more of a digital footprint for LE to follow. I think this one involves someone Jayme knew through school or activities where her mother wasn't always present and they communicated in ways her parents couldn't access. JMO

It could also be a former temp worker who was not hired on full-time

You know... they do use temps, because they mentioned that the panty guy was a temp. I wonder if they even have records of who their temps were? In my experience the company just pays the temp agency, and the temp agency pays the workers... so the company won't even have employment records for the individuals.

I don't think she was hitchhiking that's for sure, she was just scared and most likely crying and had to get away ASAP. I really do not know it is just a possibility. It comes back to how come they are not mentioning finding the killer so much in this case? In most cases, people/LE always want to find the perp. This one is just different in so many ways.
Jayme is the key to all of this. Until there is information to the contrary, finding her will be the number one stated objective. Find her alive, you find her kidnapper. Find her kidnapper, then you find the killer.

Make no mistake though, they are searching for the killer, as he and the kidnapper are one in the same.

All we know at this point, are the vehicles that they are searching for. Hopefully they can find a deeper connection than that.

If this was just about an obsession with Jayme, there would've been infinite other scenarios that a perp could've gotten her without also killing two people. Makes me think that he/she/they felt they were "rescuing" her by waiting until a time of evening where the presence of both parents would not have been in doubt.

JMO.
It also happened at a time of day that both Jayme and her mother would likely be asleep. That also indicates it could be a "rescue"....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member