AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE doesn’t ask “why not”, they ask “why”. If they don’t expect releasing information will help their investigation their obligation is to respect the privacy of the victims and families. I don’t suspect we’ll hear the 911 call or be privy to all the gruesome details as that doesn’t benefit the investigation.
Exactly. And Happy Birthday @SharonNeedles. :)

Unless a perp lives alone,

Actually that IS rather telling... "we have her"... it lends credence to my belief that LE thinks this involves more than one perp. Who is "we"?

I took it to mean "we" as in his officers at the department. The fact he talked about getting a call at night may mean he's still got officers on the case and the break could come at any hour. Just my interpretation.

I feel like if they wanted Jayme, there would have almost certainly been other opportunities that didn't include murdering two people in an extremely risky home invasion. Kids have pretty set schedules. But criminals make illogical, strange decisions.

Bingo. Unless he is of same cloth as someone like Hannah Anderson’s abductor. Unless he wanted to eliminate any possibility of her going going back to her family (assuming a boyfriend type person).

But if a pedophile is going to hold her against her will anyway, restrained so to speak like AH, what purpose does killing the parents achieve?

this, to me, is the closest of all of the others out there as far similarities. Pretty much identical. It would be so hard to link the 2. The Shorts owned a mobile home moving biz and there is a Mobile home moving biz about 10 minutes from the Closs residence. Other then that how can you even begin to link the 2.
One other thought. I agree with everyone else about the Red/Orange Challenger being a stupid car to use in a double murder. One thing to note is that a lot of people who own " muscle cars" do not drive them. A lot of people have them covered in their garage and rarely bring them out. Could be perp used this vehicle because most people didn't know he even owned it.
I agree about most who own muscle cars don't drive them, but I think that mainly pertains to older models, not newer ones... usually people who have newer models drive them.

Still thinking about dance, beauty padgeants, all that stuff. LE would have interviewed all these people that they could, but maybe someone has flown under the radar or has convinced LE very well, being an upstanding member of the community with no criminal past.

Often we see when cold cases are solved the perp WAS originally interviewed and cleared. Or maybe there was a suspicion but it never could be proven.

Have there been any national billboards?

Whatever the case I doubt this is the perp(s)’ first rodeo. But who knows, there is a first time for everything, but the level of brazenness here...

If the target was Jayme then I think the possibility is strong James and Denise could identify him.

A major difference (aside from the demographics of their home)...Jennifer Short was only 9
Doubt LE or FBI ever thought of her having a 'boyfriend' (in quotes, because said male may think he is in his own head RE Closs case)...
& in a clinical sense: I would think the profile of a pedophile would target children under 10...?
Yes, to us, 13 is a child...but to a pedophile, that might be 'too old'....
so - this may not be a pedophile's crime/profile....

Hope this makes sense, trust me: to me 13 is pedophilia...just saying, in a professional, profile, FBI kinda way....they may think she is too old for a standard pedophile....

Which is why I think most people who are in law enforcement believe it could be a 'boyfriend'...not the usual pedophile...

& yes... the 'We' in the Sheriff's statement is that, they, the LE, etc. have found her...Jayme. "We have her."
Still an interesting way of putting his most hoped for middle of the night call in respect to this case... 'we have her'...

Im starting to think most of the theories I still believe are out of wishful thinking. I hate being anything less than optimistic about this little girls life, but its getting more difficult each day. I do still kind of wonder if its possible someone is scared to come forward with any info due to the nature of this scene? This was brutal, and I feel like somebody somewhere has to at least suspect something.
Many are afraid to contact even the tipline, locally. I live 40 minutes away, and all the small towns around Barron are filled with terrified people, suddenly locking all their doors.

Whateverthe case, whether taken by a pedophile or a group of violent home invaders, neither outlook is good.

The best possible scenario I see at this time is a boyfriend known to her who thinks he really cares for her and who is not physically harming her. Not sure how strong of a possibility I think that is, considering he’s capable of murder and no LE has been able to track him. He would have had to really plan the grooming, stay out of sight, give her an anonymous phone, etc...unless her parents did find out about this.

I feel like if they wanted Jayme, there would have almost certainly been other opportunities that didn't include murdering two people in an extremely risky home invasion. Kids have pretty set schedules. But criminals make illogical, strange decisions.

I thought the same thing when Elizabeth Smart was abducted! Why bother with taking a chance of waking the entire family? Why not take her when she was alone somewhere?

The perp went through a kitchen window, walked through the house, woke Elizabeth, took her from a bedroom she shared with her sister, and he only had a knife, no guns, with him. What would the perp have done IF the entire family woke up?

Many are afraid to contact even the tipline, locally. I live 40 minutes away, and all the small towns around Barron are filled with terrified people, suddenly locking all their doors.

(Believe me I know that terror. It’s the worst feeling in the world. Looking over your shoulder, wondering if its even someone you know, looking at people sideways in the grocery store, being afraid for the kids...like I’ve said before it’s literally like being in a real life horror movie.

It’s been 6 years since little Jessica’s horrific abduction, rape and murder and I’m just now really getting the help I need for the PTSD resulting from this (fear of stepping on body parts, seeing a trash bag on the side of the road wondering if there are body parts in it, etc etc etc.).

I feel for this community as I do the community of Delphi.

To have to live there with no answers...at least we know Jessica’s killer is behind bars.)

Last edited:
I thought the same thing when Elizabeth Smart was abducted! Why bother with taking a chance of waking the entire family? Why not take her when she was alone somewhere?

The perp went through a kitchen window, walked through the house, woke Elizabeth, took her from a bedroom she shared with her sister, and he only had a knife, no guns, with him. What would the perp have done IF the entire family woke up?

Same with Polly Klaas...

I would like to respost and bring forward some links which shows the type of nutjobs generally arrested for involvement in violent home invasions. Notice the abundance of duos and groups:

MPD investigates armed home invasion, woman held at gunpoint
(2 suspects)

Police arrest second suspect in violent Maplewood home invasion robbery

Two Men Arrested in Connection to Home Invasion

Armed robbers sought after violent home invasion in Studio City

Home invasion suspect nabbed: Princeton man in custody, female suspect sought

'If you shout I will kill you:' Robbers threaten, attack residents during home invasion in Wauwatosa, complaint says

3 area men charged in violent home invasion

Bond set at more than $200,000 for both suspects arrested in home invasion case

Second Person Charged in Violent Home Invasion in Groton

4 arrested after violent Gwinnett County home invasion

Deputies say two men charged in violent home invasion in Mason County

Police make third arrest in deadly home invasion

Photos released of suspects who burned boy during home invasion

Slaton man arrested in violent home invasion robbery
-note in this case the people were beaten and their guns stolen.
(Where are James ‘ guns??)

Police arrest suspects in alleged violent home invasion, Precinct 4 tweets

3 arrested in violent home invasion in Greenacres

5 people arrested in violent South Beloit home invasion

2 men charged in violent home invasion of retired Orange County couple

Chicago man wanted for violent home invasion arrested in northwest Indiana

Police search for two men after violent home invasion

2 in custody in connection with violent home invasion, Madison police say

Three arrested in connection with violent home invasion in southeastern Colorado Springs

4th arrest made in violent 2017 Ponte Vedra home invasion

3 Suspects Arrested After Violent Chino Hills Home Invasion Robbery

3rd arrest made in connection with violent home invasion

2nd suspect caught in violent home invasion

Creek County man attacked in violent home invasion: Updates
Three arrested after violent home invasion in Creek County

Police: 2nd arrest made in Glen Cove home invasion

Two Arrested In Violent Burbank Home Invasion Robbery Of Elderly Woman

The links are endless, but notice often these violent home invasions are committed by a group or at least pair of attackers.

Again, this is not to say that this was not strictly an abduction by a pedophile and that this was not a personally motivated crime; however I suppose sometimes these lines can cross. But as mentioned, generally a pedophile abductor does not go in the house and shoot the whole place up and kill the parents. They are often more the hunter/opportunistic type.

Here is one where the lines did cross:

Sex offender arrested in violent home invasion

——

I think we very likely could be looking at a pair or group of offenders, based on this type of crime, moo. Where it gets hazy though is Jayme’s abduction. But note violent individuals like this don’t have problems hurting kids sometimes. So perhaps IF random, Jayme was either a secured hostage for a clean getaway, a bonus for SA, or both.

Great homework, @margarita25 ! You get an A+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee