Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is a good stylist could make very good money and this was a week’s worth of tips.

I queried a former stylist from Cabool and she said she could get $600 easy a week and that was out in the boondocks.

From what I understand she was avoiding banking the money to avoid creditors hounding her for her ex husbands bills. Leaving money in a bank account have it exposed
it available to be garnished.

In fact the only debt on the books at that time was for the water bed she had bought for Susie’s waterbed that would have been written off by the defunct Montgomery Ward’s department store in the mall. The comes from Missouri Case Net.

Leaving the money suggests to me that whoever committed this crime didn’t even enter the house except to abduct Stacy.

I read about her (News-Leader) ex being in debt and she needed to keep her $ in cash lest it be garnished. Sounds like a smart business woman to me.

Zero sense? You can't find any inkling of sense that there might be to make Levitt a target? Or at least a combination target with Suzie?

Yes I believe a combination with Suzie because it was her mum and she had probably talked to her about her testimony about the grave robbers.

Sherrill unfortunately had to be shut up because if something happened to Suzie she would talk.

Stacey was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and that must of eaten away at her family. I honestly don’t believe that she contributed towards what went down that morning. She was just unlucky and paid with her life.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

It’s not slander as her actions are out in the public domain and people are allowed to make assumptions on what her and Mike did that day.

We have not made up anything to make Janelle fit our theory.

The mods have said if you don’t like a line of topic then ignore it and just stroll on.

You should do that obviously as you don’t like Janelle being mentioned for some reason. The rest of the members have a right to discuss her and will continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - references a removed post>

But I decided to simply do a Google search of this case. I found this quote dated February 14, 1993 from the Springfield News-Leader that was written by Thomas Gourley. To my knowledge this has never been disavowed. It reads as follows:

‘For the first time, police announce they are considering the possibility that the disappearances are the work of one or more serial killers.”

This compilation of events since the beginning of the case was written on May 30, 2017.

There are a number of news articles appearing on the Google search.
I've always thought this was possible. Not a serial killer in the sense like Larry Hall or Bundy way...but that they may have killed others. At least the same one or two people.

I definitely believe two or more did this. Too much work involved for there not to be.

It’s not slander as her actions are out in the public domain and people are allowed to make assumptions on what her and Mike did that day.

We have not made up anything to make Janelle fit our theory.

The mods have said if you don’t like a line of topic then ignore it and just stroll on.

You should do that obviously as you don’t like Janelle being mentioned for some reason. The rest of the members have a right to discuss her and will continue to do so.
Fair enough.

I'm done discussing Janelle.

She didn't do this crime. I am interested in the 3 Missing Women perpetrators. <modsnip - condescending>

Yes I believe a combination with Suzie because it was her mum and she had probably talked to her about her testimony about the grave robbers.

Sherrill unfortunately had to be shut up because if something happened to Suzie she would talk.

Stacey was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and that must of eaten away at her family. I honestly don’t believe that she contributed towards what went down that morning. She was just unlucky and paid with her life.

That makes perfect sense but there is a concern about that which doesn’t perfectly fit. It requires that Suzie be in the company of Sherrill to be abducted as well. If Suzie was down at Branson it would have meant that each would have had to be abducted in two separate locations. Alternatively the abductions could have occurred Sunday night which would have investigators on the case sooner. Additionally there never would have been a reason for Janelle to have gone to the Levitt home. The crime scene would have been pristine instead of corrupted and they would have been reported missing much sooner.

The killer or killers would not likely have known where to make contact with Suzie to abduct her.

This seems to have required that Suzie had to go home that night. How could the abductor or abductors have had foreknowledge that she was going to come home rather than stay in Battlefield?

Great so we can continue to discuss Janelle then without interruptions :)

One of the many inconsistencies with Janelle story was that she couldn’t even remember where the dust pan and brush had come from.

I have heard she said it was outside by the car port and also they fetched it from inside the home. Why could Janelle not even remember the simplest of things?!

Last edited:
That makes perfect sense but there is a concern about that which doesn’t perfectly fit. It requires that Suzie be in the company of Sherrill to be abducted as well. If Suzie was down at Branson it would have meant that each would have had to be abducted in two separate locations. Alternatively the abductions could have occurred Sunday night which would have investigators on the case sooner. Additionally there never would have been a reason for Janelle to have gone to the Levitt home. The crime scene would have been pristine instead of corrupted and they would have been reported missing much sooner.

The killer or killers would not likely have known where to make contact with Suzie to abduct her.

This seems to have required that Suzie had to go home that night. How could the abductor or abductors have had foreknowledge that she was going to come home rather than stay in Battlefield?

That’s the problem I honestly have with this case is that no theory just works. Every theory I have has holes in it.

So I have often wondered if all the changing plans that night was to force Suzie home but then that involves too many working parts and one hell of a conspiracy to make it work.

My best bet is one of the grave robbers saw Suzie driving home that morning and in a spur of the moment they decided to get some revenge for her going to the police. Then it spiraled out of control when they confronted at her home.

The only thing I don’t like with my theory is I can’t imagine the grave robbers having a gun ( but I’m from the U.K so maybe them having a gun isn’t so far fetched) because I can only see a gun being able to control them when there is no sign of a struggle in the home.

Unless the home was staged and there was a struggle and the house was tided up.

Last edited:
Sherrill going to Apco explains this.......

If Sherrill was dating or seeing a dangerous man, they may have told her to go "fetch" her daughter........

Or maybe she knew something bad was possibly going to happen to Suzie and she was looking for her.

Last edited:
Sherrill going to Apco explains this.......

If Sherrill was dating or seeing a dangerous man, they may have told her to go "fetch" her daughter........

Or maybe she knew something bad was possibly going to happen to Suzie and she was looking for her.

Are you honestly suggesting that Sherill as a mother would endanger her child?

I would like to discuss the alibis of the vandals.

If Riedel was in Springfield what would his alibi have been? So far as I am aware Recla and Clay were at some concert most of the night and then crashed in Clay's apartment. His sister was his alibi if my memory is correct. I have read her account and it seems credible.

Having said that I was told personally by one of the reporters to the News-Leader that one of the prime detectives, Sgt. Webb at the time, wanted to look very seriously at the vandals and was steered away from that which I understand, as he put it a "career ender." I also believe that Greg Higdon, who has moved up the ranks wished to do that as well. The last I heard Webb was the sheriff up in Cedar County, I believe. Always had a high opinion of him although we have never spoken personally. I have, however, talked to Dave Asher about another matter and I'll characterize it as not friendly.
But if someone (or someones) did it on behalf of the vandals, they could have alibis and still be responsible/partly responsible. Wouldn’t be the first time something like that had happened.

Stop making personalized posts which are snarky, condescending, or dismissive of what another person posts. If you know or suspect a TOS violation of some kind, report it to moderators. Please remain focused on the three missing women we're here to discuss, not one another.

@MooseMeMuch Thank you so much for sharing this article. What does everyone else think of the changing versions of the clerk's story?

Attachments

• The_Springfield_News_Leader_Fri__Jun_19__1992_.pdf
    438.5 KB · Views: 20
  • The_Springfield_News_Leader_Fri__Jun_19__1992_ (3).pdf
    411 KB · Views: 16
Thank you CherryMeg :)
And I question as to is it safe to come out now? Today was...brutal. :eek:

Hopefully it is lol. I wonder why they printed each version of the clerk's story. It's interesting because it includes details but was it written to discredit him? Or was he unreliable especially, with the Suzie and Stacy sightings?

@MooseMeMuch Thank you so much for sharing this article. What does everyone else think of the changing versions of the clerk's story?

I read the articles and as per my own recollection was the ckerk’s description seems shaky. The officer said that the account was not positive. The car’s descriptions seemed conflicting and if Sherrill was trying to establish contact with the girls, all she need do was to have called Mrs. Kirby. I’m not saying it was impossible although I would not want to build a case on uncertain testimony.

He also described them in a light brown or gold older model Cutless or Grand Prix.

Neither girl owned or drove such a vehicle.

It would only seem to make sense if the girls called Sherrill to make inquiries and said to meet them there. Then it would square except for the vehicle.

So the answer is no. I don’t believe it happened as he described. He undoubtedly was trying to be helpful but I just don’t believe it is accurate. That is my personal opinion.

Last edited:
I read the articles and as per my own recollection was the ckerk’s description seems shaky. The officer said that the account was not positive. The car’s descriptions seemed conflicting and if Sherrill was trying to establish contact with the girls, all she need do was to have called Mrs. Kirby. I’m not saying it was impossible although I would not want to build a case on uncertain testimony.

It would only seem to make sense if the girls called Sherrill to make inquiries. Then it would square.

So the answer is no. I don’t believe it happened as he described. That is my personal opinion.

The Sherrill sighting I always thought should have been taken more seriously. It's possible with everyone out and about Stacy and Suzie could have been there, but the details could get blurred with other girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph